The new bonus episode of the Smash Brothers Documentary Metagame, Godslayer, is now available on Vimeo
Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!
You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!
Thanks for the reply. I don't record often, but I see the need to get my pikachu seen by the new players. Let them have a little inspiration for themselves. I remember when I had first started in Brawl, and I looked up to Yonesuke, Anther and Boxingking, constantly watching their matches and analyzing their movements. Luckily, for me, this game is almost the same as brawl, with minor changes here and there.that was a crazy good match wow
jab locks, that insane recovery from mid-understage, crazy QA angles and offstage edgeguards, and all on a 3DS too
Indeed that along with the dash attacks.. Im still getting used to the gc controller.
Thanks for showing this. I been trying to go for it, but no luck and couldn't master it so thanks.
Try not to just run in as an approach option as you get punished literally every time.
Not bad. I really like how you finished up the second stock. That was a good airdodge read.
congrats on your win~Currently up 4/5(lost track atm lol) off of set wins off of this guy so far.
Haven't lost a set to him so far. He just can't catch a break.
He's considered better than me overall in my state.
Thanks.congrats on your win~
Just a couple tips I guess, your use of Skull Bash and Thunder can be incredibly unsafe, I was watching with heart in mouth for so many moments it hurt XDD
Also I've noticed you start fishing heavily for Usmash when you're down a stock, try not to do that cause it's unsafe on shield and you'll stale it.
The last game was impressive though~
I think you did pretty well. I think this MU is kinda hard for Mega Man, since once Pikachu get's in we can get a nasty combo a set up for edguard situations, which adds more damage. The main point on this MU is getting the KO and then surviving. If Mega Man gets the first kill, Pikachu will have to try something do even the score, but his options ain't super safe and you can just punish them. You can bait our QA or up-smash and add extra credit, and you did an excellent job at this in your match. On the other hand, if you lose the first stock just make sure not to get a combo starter hit from Pikachu (like up-tilt, QA or grab), otherwise you will be in a bad spot when you finally get the kill.
Thanks. Do you think I could have went to a better stage besides Battlefield? I don't recall what was banned but my first instinct was forcing him to use Quick Attack around platforms so I can trap him with my B-airI think you did pretty well. I think this MU is kinda hard for Mega Man, since once Pikachu get's in we can get a nasty combo a set up for edguard situations, which adds more damage. The main point on this MU is getting the KO and then surviving. If Mega Man gets the first kill, Pikachu will have to try something do even the score, but his options ain't super safe and you can just punish them. You can bait our QA or up-smash and add extra credit, and you did an excellent job at this in your match. On the other hand, if you lose the first stock just make sure not to get a combo starter hit from Pikachu (like up-tilt, QA or grab), otherwise you will be in a bad spot when you finally get the kill.
Here are two matches:
ESAM vs Scatt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKg1YEw-_Lg
ESAM vs Zucco https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NTm6BEZ5ds
Well, if you feel comfortable on Battlefield and think you can anteccipate his recoveries, then it's alright. Battlefield improves Pikachu recover and gives him some options that stages like Final doesn't, but you can use this for your advantage (like trying to catch him with your bair). However, if the Pikachu main sees what you're looking for, it might be pretty hard to conect a bair due to the possibility of mixing up his recovery.Thanks. Do you think I could have went to a better stage besides Battlefield? I don't recall what was banned but my first instinct was forcing him to use Quick Attack around platforms so I can trap him with my B-air
thank you kindly for the feedback~I don't currently possess a video to offer up in here, but I would like to make a recommendation. To everyone posting content, if you could please take the time to review at least part of the video the person who posted above you [or more if you feel like it] and offer some comments [constructive criticism, praise, etc.], that would help make sure people who want help get it.
Coro_ , I skipped ahead in your montage to Pikachu moments, but one thing I will say watching the early stuff: I feel like you were kind of digging for content. Some of the early stuff is just a random spike or two, and while spikes can be cool, if you're aiming for a montage that interests the viewer the whole way through, a couple 4 or 5 piece combos that mostly lead into death is far more compelling to most than several spikes [or KO punches] in a row.
You may want to look for a higher quality of clip, which will both make it more interesting for those watching [because you'll have more intense moments that last longer], and it also will likely reduce the length of the montage, which can actually be a good thing because it will make the viewer appreciate what's there more [and for the impatient, they're more likely to watch the whole thing].
The Pikachu clips at the end I enjoyed a lot more [especially the Bowser Junior clip around 11:40]. The ways that people fell out of Pikachu's forward air and died [as in the last clip] interested me somewhat, because you didn't seem to fastfall it...
[And for the curious, I think this post is well above the length we'd generally hope for in regards to commenting on what others post - but if everyone did this sort of thing, lots of feedback would be given and (hopefully) lots learned.]
I didn't watch all of it, but some notes for you:Aww, there's no video above mine that's not mine, so I'll comment on the next one too~
Anyways, I got a set against a local Rosalina player that was quite tense (don't mind the commentators, we're all new to this stuff and it was a relaxed atmosphere).
Thanks for the tips, particularly on seperating Luma~I didn't watch all of it, but some notes for you:
- Thunder jolting Rosalina while she's offstage isn't very effective. If she's able to reach the ledge with her double jump alone, you can try to use them to stop the snap, but if she has to up+b, be wary of her uair and then try to go off and hit her. I usually just aim for the two frames with either nair or dair, since both last a while, or falling bair past the ledge [if she's going for ledge it's very hard to avoid]. You can also attempt to use thunder, especially if she does an early up+b to go high.
- If Rosa uses up+b onstage, you can often get a running usmash punish. There are a few times you just keep thunder jolting though... you should try to be ready to react to where she goes.
- Rosa uair has less KB than Luma uair [or should]... on Halberd you were trying to airdodge away from Rosalina and ended up right on top of Luma... it's hard mentally to do so, but you're probably better off ending on top of Rosa, since her uair should kill a bit later.
- You don't seem to do much to kill Luma, or if you do, it's not working that well. I'm not sure if you're familiar with how to launch Luma, but Pikachu's uair, last hit of fair, last hit of bair, fsmash, usmash, and last hit of dsmash should all launch Luma at 0% [she has her own percent that's invisible], and I think dash attack too, as well as the base of Thunder too [for when Luma respawns, you can uthrow/dthrow thunder and even if they DI to miss the Thunder, you should end up launching Luma]. When you separate Rosalina and Luma, I highly recommend fairing, uairing, or fsmash/usmashing/dash attacking Luma to get rid of her, as it reduces her KO potential and damage output, not to mention making it easier to approach Rosalina and land a combo or kill move.
- You use a lot of thunder jolts. This Rosalina seemed uncomfortable dealing with them, but some Rosalinas are more experience with it and will use your thunderjolt use to come in on you. It's worth noting that although grounded thunder jolts technically come out faster than aerial ones [because you don't have to jump], you can't move during the endlag, unlike fullhop thunder jolts [or shorthop thunderjolts, where you stay lower but still have some landing lag]. I'd avoid using grounded thunderjolts most of the time, unless you're trying to edgeguard someone with the thunder jolt as it wraps around the ledge.
I don't know much about playing as Kirby, so a lot of the stuff I wrote is gonna be pretty general since I don't know exactly what you can do to alleviate the problem.Hey all! My board is kind of dead, so I wanted to post this here to see if I could get any feedback: http://www.twitch.tv/trixiesam/v/51614631?t=02h14m00s
Thanks in advance!