• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I think it's fairly obvious that Chillarmy won't be the last pokemon in the dex, and considering:

1st Gen: 151 pokemon
2nd Gen: 100 pokemon (including 17 linked directly with earlier pokemon [8 pre-evolutions, 4 branched evolutions and 5 standard evolutions])
3rd Gen: 135 pokemon (including 2 linked directly with earlier pokemon [both pre-evo]
4th Gen: 107 pokemon (including 29 linked directly with earlier pokemon [7 pre-evo )and 22 standard evolutions])
5th Gen 40-41 pokemon SO FAR (including 1 linked directly with an earlier pokemon [evolution])
You could have also said 'Because the legendaries go at the end' Technically the highest dex number we have currently would be 81 for the 2 'box-art' mons

1. Light Pink and Hot Pink
2. Heart-shaped
3. Fish
Remember Pikablue?
1. Rodent Shape
2. Zig-zaggy tail.
3. Water type after using a different elemental stone on it

Assumptions can make an *** of you and mumptions. For all we know could be an evolution of Fione (that fish thing that was in 4th Gen that's easily forgettable. Probably not even the right name)

UberMario

Smash Master
Remember Pikablue?
1. Rodent Shape
2. Zig-zaggy tail.
3. Water type after using a different elemental stone on it

Assumptions can make an *** of you and mumptions. For all we know could be an evolution of Fione (that fish thing that was in 4th Gen that's easily forgettable. Probably not even the right name)
Pikachu and Marill look WAY more different than Luvdisc and _______, I really can't see how anyone thought it was a Pikachu evolution. Phione is the Manaphy-like one, and if you're talking about Finneon and Lumineon, why would they change from the dark, blue tones and deepsea-esqueness to a pink fish? They're pretty different.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Mic, that's not the same thing at all. The pink pokemon is clearly not related to Lumineon. It has the same shape as Luvdisc and it's abilities are related to the heart. It may not have been explicitly stated that it's a Luvdisc evo but the chances of it being so are pretty good or at least much higher than it being a Lumineon evo. Let's not forget the Electivire was not stated to be an electabuzz evo when it was revealed.

In other news, Glaceon get's Ice body if it comes from the dream world. If leafeon get's Chlorophyll that would be a nice boost for him.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I think that Luvdisc would be in the Isshu dex, considering it's evolution will be.
They said only fifth gen Pokémon before the National Dex. Either they lied or no Luvdisc.

Also, who's to say that, assuming it is a Luvdisc evolution, that the evolution will be in the Isshu Dex? I know I've said this a bunch of times already, but remember how many evolutions weren't in the Sinnoh Dex?

Assumptions can make an *** of you and mumptions.
This. Luvdisc is the obvious pick for it to be an evolution of, but we're not positive of anything at the moment. It could be an entirely new Pokémon, even.

And actually, comparing the two side-by-side, they're not as similar in anatomy as I thought they would be. Yes, heart-shaped-fish, etc., but the eye is completely different, and the mouth is simply there rather than coming to a point which is slightly different colored as it is on Luvdisc.

It's not like this would be the first time Game Freak created a Pokémon that clearly resembled an old Pokémon but wasn't related at all, so we can't rule anything out yet.

UberMario

Smash Master
Electivire's eyes don't resemble Electabuzz's either, and also I forgot that some of the "new" evolutions aren't in the Sinnoh dex.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Electivire's eyes don't resemble Electabuzz's either, and also I forgot that some of the "new" evolutions aren't in the Sinnoh dex.
My point is that there's a possibility that they're unrelated, not that it is definitely not related to Luvdisc.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Either that or there's a strange way of breeding that makes Luvdisc unobtainable through breeding the sunfish.

Or that you can find the sunfish in the wild without evolving Luvdisc first.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I will personally kill every game designer at GF if that's not a Luvdisc evo.

EVERY.
SINGLE.
ONE.

EVEN THE OVERWORLD DESIGNERS.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
They said only fifth gen Pokémon before the National Dex. Either they lied or no Luvdisc.
This is false, being the fact that in Sinnoh, plenty of new evolutions were viewable after obtaining the National Dex in D/P. Though the Isshu dex would not have any pokemon obtainable from previous generations (unlike Sinnoh), the concept of evos after the National Dex is still a possibility.
My point is that there's a possibility that they're unrelated, not that it is definitely not related to Luvdisc.
Anyone that calls something impossible to happen in Pokemon is an idiot.
Luvdisc is the obvious pick for it to be an evolution of, but we're not positive of anything at the moment. It could be an entirely new Pokémon, even.
For all we know, this could be the next evolution for Garchomp (no, but realistic possibilities that haven't been disproven are always in consideration)
It's not like this would be the first time Game Freak created a Pokémon that clearly resembled an old Pokémon but wasn't related at all, so we can't rule anything out yet.
My memory is a bit off, I would heavily appreciate 1 or a few examples. Thanks.
And actually, comparing the two side-by-side, they're not as similar in anatomy as I thought they would be. Yes, heart-shaped-fish, etc., but the eye is completely different, and the mouth is simply there rather than coming to a point which is slightly different colored as it is on Luvdisc.
It's an evolution, they are not supposed to look almost exact. Sure, the eyes, fins, color scheme is different, but that's how pokemon evolutions go. We've seen completely odd and different evolutions before, this one is far from being out of the ordinary.
Remoraid --> Octillery
Bam
I will personally kill every game designer at GF if that's not a Luvdisc evo.

EVERY.
SINGLE.
ONE.

EVEN THE OVERWORLD DESIGNERS.
We are the PokeCenter.

We're hardcore.
Very, very hardcore.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'll just say this, the difference is that in Sinnoh, you could catch an Electabuzz if I remember correctly. Which meant you could get an Electivire, which is in the isshu dex.

IF Mamanbo is a Luvdisc evo... And that's a big if... Cuz let me be honest, the more I look at them side by side, the less really similar they look to me... then Mamanbo is not in the Isshu dex but is in the national.

If they're starting over and making a serious attempt to have a completely isolated pokedex from the others, I don't understand why they would have one pokemon that would be cut out simply to give an evo to a pokemon that was really only useful for one thing.

But I guess if Zorua and Zoroark are going to be the first pokemon to be event-only AND not legendary, ten something else that's really ridiculous (not as far as the pokemon world but as far as the distribution and relativity of pokemon) is equally possible. =\

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
This is false, being the fact that in Sinnoh, plenty of new evolutions were viewable after obtaining the National Dex in D/P. Though the Isshu dex would not have any pokemon obtainable from previous generations (unlike Sinnoh), the concept of evos after the National Dex is still a possibility.
That's not what I was saying...if you read the quote I was replying to, you'll notice that I was saying there would be no Luvdisc in the Isshu Dex. Not that it wouldn't be a Luvdisc evolution.

My memory is a bit off, I would heavily appreciate 1 or a few examples. Thanks.
As UberMario said, Venonat & Butterfree, Plusle/Minun & Pichu, then there's Magikarp & Feebas, Carvanha/Sharpedo & Gible/Gabite/Garchomp, Linoone & Furret...etc.

It's an evolution, they are not supposed to look almost exact. Sure, the eyes, fins, color scheme is different, but that's how pokemon evolutions go. We've seen completely odd and different evolutions before, this one is far from being out of the ordinary.
I didn't say they had to look exact...again, I'm only pointing out the possibility here. Obviously the evolutions change somewhat, but the mouth in particular stands out to me.

I know we've had complete non sequitur evolutions before, but again, we've also had nearly-identical-but-not-related Pokémon before.

I'm just trying to say there's a POSSIBILITY that it's not a Luvdisc evolution, I'm not sure why that requires disproving. .-.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
At least I might have a chance to kill Gamefreak first.

I swear to god that if they give Rampardos Whirlwind but not make Mamanbou a Luvdisc evo.

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I assume he's talking either about Venonat and Butterfree or Plusle & Minun and Pichu.
kthxbi

I'll just say this, the difference is that in Sinnoh, you could catch an Electabuzz if I remember correctly.
In Diamond and Pearl, no. The only way in those games was to catch an Elekid on Route 204 or Valley Windworks.

IF Mamanbo is a Luvdisc evo... And that's a big if... Cuz let me be honest, the more I look at them side by side, the less really similar they look to me... then Mamanbo is not in the Isshu dex but is in the national.

If they're starting over and making a serious attempt to have a completely isolated pokedex from the others, I don't understand why they would have one pokemon that would be cut out simply to give an evo to a pokemon that was really only useful for one thing.
The thing is, I'm not sure all of the new Gen V pokemon will be included in the starter dex. This happened in Diamond and Pearl, but changed a bit in Platinum.

In my mind, Mamanbo being an evo of Luvdisc and not being included in the starter dex is more likely to happen than to not be an evo. Though I will not rule out that possibility until it has been confirmed otherwise. Both make sense...

But I guess if Zorua and Zoroark are going to be the first pokemon to be event-only AND not legendary, ten something else that's really ridiculous (not as far as the pokemon world but as far as the distribution and relativity of pokemon) is equally possible. =\
I really don't know what to think of Zorua and Zoroark. The event-only stature, increadably unique ability, and special attention would make me think that it would be a legendary, but with having a prevo, and so much similarity with Lucario (who had similar hype, but was not a legendary), I really don't know. Whatever it turns out to be, I still won't like it because it's event-only.

That quote of mine about the PokeCenter was from way too long ago, how did you find that, Tyfighter?
Let's just say I'm a forum gravedigger.

Firus said:
I didn't say they had to look exact...again, I'm only pointing out the possibility here. Obviously the evolutions change somewhat, but the mouth in particular stands out to me.
I said near exact, not exact. Though I probably should have stated 'very similar' in place of that.

Firus said:
I'm just trying to say there's a POSSIBILITY that it's not a Luvdisc evolution, I'm not sure why that requires disproving. .-.
I wasn't trying to disprove the possibility, I was trying to provide support for Mamanbo being an evolution of Luvdisc was more likely than not. As I stated earlier:
Tyfighter said:
Anyone that calls something impossible to happen in Pokemon is an idiot.
I could be completely be wrong about Mamabo, because we don't know.

I probably mixed supporting claims with conflicting claims in my earlier post, and maybe didn't quite identify your specific tone (curse you internet). We both know both possibilities can happen, and I'm probably beating this to death.

*sigh* I need a pic to calm me down.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Well to digress from the Luvdisc debate.
I think this Pokemon Tabunne as pictured on Seribii is fake, the sprite looks to flat(lol flat sprite) and there is no Shadow.

I gotta get motivated and get a PayPal account now that I have my Debit Card

majora_787

Smash Hero
kthxbi

In Diamond and Pearl, no. The only way in those games was to catch an Elekid on Route 204 or Valley Windworks. But still, my point stands. That was in the context of a blended regional dex.

The thing is, I'm not sure all of the new Gen V pokemon will be included in the starter dex. This happened in Diamond and Pearl, but changed a bit in Platinum. No idea. I lean toward the lack of involvement with previous generations, simply because they seem to be trying really hard to make it stand out from the others.

In my mind, Mamanbo being an evo of Luvdisc and not being included in the starter dex is more likely to happen than to not be an evo. Though I will not rule out that possibility until it has been confirmed otherwise. Both make sense... Yeh, I guess so. I mean, it's not like it doesn't look anything LIKE Luvdisc.

I really don't know what to think of Zorua and Zoroark. The event-only stature, increadably unique ability, and special attention would make me think that it would be a legendary, but with having a prevo, and so much similarity with Lucario (who had similar hype, but was not a legendary), I really don't know. Whatever it turns out to be, I still won't like it because it's event-only. I never knew what to think of Zoroark.

Whatevs. The quagsire is removing all will to debate the Mamanbo fish thing. =P Comments are bolded for easy readings.

EDIT: I thought it looked fake too. It looks way flatter than everything else, for sure. But I don't even know anymore, the fakes have been pretty good recently.

EDIT 2: Firus, thank you. I don't get enough TWEWY references in a day. It's like coffee. =P

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
On a completely different subject:

This "Lots of new Pokemon" thing that is happening in the 5th gen is working perfectly with my theory btw.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
What theory are you talking about, out of curiosity?
Every odd numbered Gen will introduce mainly new Pokes whilst even numbered Gens will introduce lots of prevos and evos for previous Gens.

Edit:

Also, though I love Sandstorm, why is it getting so much boosts compared to other weather effects such as Hail?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Mic, that's not the same thing at all. The pink pokemon is clearly not related to Lumineon. It has the same shape as Luvdisc and it's abilities are related to the heart. It may not have been explicitly stated that it's a Luvdisc evo but the chances of it being so are pretty good or at least much higher than it being a Lumineon evo.
It's definetly cery likely, I just don't think we should be stating it as fact just yet.

Also, I didn't even know that Finneon evolved already XD

When I first saw Aggron I thought it was a Rhydon evolvement.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
It isn't.

The abilities used WITH Sandstorm are just being introduced, right?

Hail got Ice Body, Snow Cloak... Sandstorm has... Sand Veil. Maybe I'm missing something...

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Serebii said:
Sand Throw (すなかき)doubles the Pokémon's speed in a SandStorm and Sand Power (すなのちから ) which boosts the power of Rock, Steel & Ground moves in a sandstorm

Two new abilities were confirmed to give a boost in sandstorm.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
So long as Grass Knot/Hydro Pump/Leaf Storm/you get where I'm going with this exist, Abomasnow doesn't go extinct, and Rhyperior doesn't get Sand Throw lumped in with Solid Rock, he'll never be able to easily deal with anything switching in as it SDs.

If a Rock/Ground priority move were introduced and he got Sand Power, on the other hand...

UberMario

Smash Master
It looks like Shimama's mane will change colors from white to yellow and back, probably as a "glowing" animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom