• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Thread

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Honestly who cares about how they look? If their type is Ice/Fire or Electric, that's amazing!

But anyway...

I'm really happy about this; if these are actually a sequel to their respective games, that's the coolest thing ever. White (and Black, but I had White) had such an awesome story.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Everyone knows I've wanted a Fire / Ice Pokemon for ages now.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
If they had made this for 3DS they could've discarded the sprite system, Pokemon Colosseum Style but with standard Pokemon stuff.

This is...good news but so disappointing lol.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
From a money-making standpoint, Nintendo is doing everything right here. They're making not one but two versions of their highest selling franchise because they know they can get away with it, and they're putting it on their older, more popular handheld with a larger install base rather than their new handheld which has barely a tenth of the install base to ensure that more people can buy it. This ensures that they'll pretty much be rolling in money until their next series of pokemon games (be it Gen VI or some remakes) where they'll get to roll in more money.

From a gameplay standpoint, I just don't know. There was so much that Gen V did to flip the metagame on its head that BW2 will have to do a lot to fix it, and even then I'm really not sure that they can.

I'm still much more interested in POKEMON + NOBUNAGA'S AMBITION.

Looks like Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem DNA Digivolved. :p
I never really got into Digimon, but this is pretty funny.

Or the classic

Now it's just a matter of whether these are the "Gray" version or direct sequels.
This is likely a substitute for the Gray version everyone knew would come.

They look more like Zekrom and Reshiram then Kyurem...
I believe the general consensus is that each one is the result of Zekrom/Reshiram doing the fusion dance with Kyurem.

Honestly who cares about how they look? If their type is Ice/Fire or Electric, that's amazing!
Nah, they'll probably be Dragon/something. Both of those types are defensively horrible though, and Ice/Fire is a pretty bad offensive typing too. STAB BoltBeam (or whatever the physical equivalent of that is) would be cool though.

Mewter

Smash Master
Dragon HA! hahahahahhaa.
Reshirem looks good imo, but I think the Zekrem one looks hideous. Look at that curvy tail!
Here's hoping that this actually is a sequel and that they incorporate Hoenn.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Why Hoenn?
Anyways, if they did this as a sequel the way arriving in Kanto in Gold was a sequel, it'd be pretty cool. Some years have passed, some familiar faces have changed and best of all, you get to challenge your old character.

D

Deleted member

Why Hoenn?
Because a fair amount of Pokemon fans are hoping for and/or expecting a pair of Ruby/Sapphire remakes this gen.

On another note, I just realized that with the projected Japan release of June, B2W2 has a very small chance of getting an international release by the end of the year, or, more likely, very early next year.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Because a fair amount of Pokemon fans are hoping for and/or expecting a pair of Ruby/Sapphire remakes this gen.

On another note, I just realized that with the projected Japan release of June, B2W2 has a very small chance of getting an international release by the end of the year, or, more likely, very early next year.
Translation takes that long?

TL?

Smash Ace
Translation takes that long?
Very long. Think about all of the text in a pokemon game. The pokemon names and pokedex entries, the moves and their descriptions, items and their descriptions, all of the dialogue. Although this should be translated faster than B&W was considering this is in the same engine, which means attacks+descriptions are done as well as pokemon names. They like to rewrite the pokedex entries sometimes so thats up in the air and of course all the dialogue(I assume since this is a sequel) is new.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying a shot at an American release by September (normally the Japanese release month) and Europe by the end of the year. Something tells me they want to get as many people to buy BW2 as early as they can.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they're going for full release in every language by the end of June- something about multiple announcements really tells me they MIGHT be doing a worldwide release, opening the entire world up to BW2 at once, and are just keeping the surprise to Americans for later.

D

Deleted member

The Japanese and international announcements for Black & White were released simultaneously as well, and there was the aforementioned six-month gap.

UberMario

Smash Master
This may be an early indication that Game Freak has officially ran out of good ideas as far as original Pokemon are concerned.
Considering that there have been three consecutive fire-fighting starters (despite people not being happy about there already being two in a row), two Gen V evolutionary lines(Klink's and Minccino's) barely go through any changes and at least 20 Gen V Pokemon (Audino, the Woobat line, the Rogenrolla line, Basculin, Throh and Sawk, Sewaddle, Lilligant, the Archen line, Sawsbuck, Emolga, Karrablast, Alomomola, Ferroseed, Bouffalant and Virizion)seem like poorly cloned versions of other Pokemon (Chansey, the Zubat line, Beldum line, Carvanha, Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, Weedle, Bellossom, Aerodactyl, Stantler, Pachirisu, Heracross, Luvdisc, Pineco, Tauros and Shaymin), that would probably not be far off. I would have never said before Gen V that fanmade Pokemon could outdo official ones.

I'm kind of hoping that Black 2 and White 2 just go "screw it" and wave off the similarity by allowing most of them to become actual evolutionary lines:

Basculin > Carvanha > Sharpedo
Archen > Archeops > Aerodactyl
Karrablast > Heracross (Alternate evolution)
Tauros > Bouffalant
Pachirisu > Emolga
Luvdisc > Alomomola

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Uber that's never going to happen and you know it lol

UberMario

Smash Master
Uber that's never going to happen and you know it lol
Hey, I can dream. lol

I seriously hope that this sequal is not the equivalent of a fan-edited ROM. There has to be something to it that makes it more than a straight upgrade (or worse, downgrade).

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It's generally thought to be a sequel rather than an expansion at this point. Different subplot and all.

UberMario

Smash Master
It's generally thought to be a sequel rather than an expansion at this point. Different subplot and all.
Well, that's what I meant. I hope that it isn't JUST a story change, especially since Pokemon typically doesn't have one deeper than "beat the bad guys and capture all of the monsters". (Barring games like Gale of Darkness)

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Of course this is a sequel... hence the 2. @_@ Not to mention the very open-ending cliffhanger with N far off with a Dragon.

TL?

Smash Ace
Considering that there have been three consecutive fire-fighting starters (despite people not being happy about there already being two in a row), two Gen V evolutionary lines(Klink's and Minccino's) barely go through any changes and at least 20 Gen V Pokemon (Audino, the Woobat line, the Rogenrolla line, Basculin, Throh and Sawk, Sewaddle, Lilligant, the Archen line, Sawsbuck, Emolga, Karrablast, Alomomola, Ferroseed, Bouffalant and Virizion)seem like poorly cloned versions of other Pokemon (Chansey, the Zubat line, Beldum line, Carvanha, Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, Weedle, Bellossom, Aerodactyl, Stantler, Pachirisu, Heracross, Luvdisc, Pineco, Tauros and Shaymin), that would probably not be far off. I would have never said before Gen V that fanmade Pokemon could outdo official ones.

I'm kind of hoping that Black 2 and White 2 just go "screw it" and wave off the similarity by allowing most of them to become actual evolutionary lines:

Basculin > Carvanha > Sharpedo
Archen > Archeops > Aerodactyl
Karrablast > Heracross (Alternate evolution)
Tauros > Bouffalant
Pachirisu > Emolga
Luvdisc > Alomomola
I was about to ask if you were serious untill I read your sig.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
This is interesting. I actually really like how Kyurom/Kyuram/whatever the **** they're calling them now look, especially the Reshiram one. My hopes aren't very high for this, but hopefully Gamefreak will make me think otherwise soon.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
UPDATED: Nintendo of America has specified a release window for its territories - fall 2012.
Interesting. It's coming so soon.

I wonder if they've been working on it for this long. Or if it's just an edited version of black and white and needs little changes

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
April Fools, Jack!

I sense a trick. An April Fools joke, and then they'll reveal something like a new Red and Blue remake for the 3DS. Meh:glare:

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I want Yellow remake for the Wii U, HD Colleseum type graphics...just cause I still have th eold game sso if I want a remake I want it remade.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I sense a trick. An April Fools joke, and then they'll reveal something like a new Red and Blue remake for the 3DS. Meh:glare:
Why would they go to all the trouble to announce these just to introduce remakes of games that they already remade two generations ago? This definitely seems odd to me, but I don't think it's a trick, they're probably just trying something new out.

I am skeptical about the success of these, though, especially given the quick release date. In recent history, I've ended up getting both versions -- e.g. Black and White, Diamond and Pearl -- but there's no way in hell I'm going to buy both of these if it's just Black/White 2.0, which is exactly what I imagine they will be since that's the title, without the ".0". I hope Nintendo isn't throwing out all of their integrity for the sake of money-making.

Also, I don't personally see what the big hate on the new Kyurem formes is all about. They look a little bizarre, but I like them, especially the Reshiram one.

By the way, anyone else find it interesting that the games have an additional color in their logo?

Black has blue in the logo, and white has red. Maybe it doesn't mean anything, but I find that interesting.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Probably referring to the flames of Reshiram and electricity of Zekrom. o-o

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It also happens to be the colors of rubies and sapphires

winkwink

UberMario

Smash Master
I was about to ask if you were serious untill I read your sig.
I was joking about the second bolded area and evo lines, but I wasn't kidding about some fakemon being better than quite a few of the Gen V monsters.

That's a matter of opinion, though.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, now that I think about it, that makes sense. Just confused me for a second because I associate yellow with electricity and not blue, even though that is the color of Zekrom's electrical glow and all. It's also a bit strange because both this and the images on Serebii place the Zekrom Kyurem with Black and the Reshiram Kyurem with White, which is the opposite of the original placement.

CAB77

Smash Rookie
Huh. Odd title. I'm confused. Are these the "Yellows" of Gen. 5? Or are they literal sequels? Pokemon doesn't normally number their RPG games. Huh!

D

Deleted member

Considering that the patterns inside the twos are the same as in Zekrom's electric parts and Reshiram's fiery parts, respectively, that's definitely the case.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Thank god you guys, unlike some other fans, don't think it means that Hoenn is incorporated into the game.

Even though that'd be really cool.

D

Deleted member

Thank god you guys, unlike some other fans, don't think it means that Hoenn is incorporated into the game.

Even though that'd be really cool.
I saw it disproved on Bulbagarden, with the aforementioned patterns.

PostmortemMessiah

Smash Cadet
Am I the only one who finds it really strange that a direct double-sequel is happening? ... I mean, instead of an alternative third version like we got for four generations, now we're getting two third versions which are direct sequels?

... Huh. I don't want to pin my money on this until I see some reviews, honestly, because I usually only buy one game per generation.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Am I the only one who finds it really strange that a direct double-sequel is happening? ... I mean, instead of an alternative third version like we got for four generations, now we're getting two third versions which are direct sequels?

... Huh. I don't want to pin my money on this until I see some reviews, honestly, because I usually only buy one game per generation.
Like Gates said earlier, this is simply a better marketing move. GF knows a lot Pokemon fans will buy both versions as opposed to just one Gray version.

Who knows... this could possibly be better from a game play perspective as well. It SHOULD be unique for sure though.

Only time will tell.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I guess it is refreshing that it isn't the same old 3rd game of the series type thing, but the forms look unoriginal. Although if it is a sequall I can't wait as the story was great in the original BW

Top Bottom