• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet to Receive HOME Compatibility!

Genie_of_Healthy_Meta.jpg

The six-month-long wait for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet to receive Pokémon HOME compatibility is nearly over. Players will be able to transfer Pokémon between Scarlet & Violet and Pokémon HOME starting on May 23rd, 2023 at 6 PM PDT.

With this update Pokémon Scarlet & Violet Pokémon can transfer from either game onto the app or vice-versa. Notably, Pokémon from Scarlet & Violet may also be sent back to some of the previous games. The titles Pokémon can be transferred back to are Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl, Legends Arceus, and Sword & Shield. Of course though, there are some limitations. Pokémon can only be transferred back a generation if their species existed in that title. Additionally, they won’t be able to bring over moves they can’t learn in said game.

Finally, when Pokémon HOME connects with Scarlet & Violet, players will be eligible for a new Mystery Gift. This Mystery Gift will contain Fuecoco, Quaxly, and Sprigatito with their hidden abilities. Players can receive them by transferring a Pokémon from Scarlet & Violet to HOME and having the mobile app.

Update, May 19th, 2023: The Pokémon Company clarified that HOME compatibility will not be coming out May 23rd, 2023. The final release date will be announced again later. We will update this article with the proper date when that becomes available.

Update, May 25th, 2023: Pokémon HOME's update maintenance is now scheduled to begin May 29th, 2023 at 5 PM PDT. The update may take up to May 30th, 2023, 11 PM PDT.

Author’s Note: I love being able to use my older Pokémon in new games so I'm really looking forward to this. Plus, I can't wait to see how the meta for Scarlet and Violet is going to change with all the HOME transfers! But what about you? Please let us know in the comments below!

Credits:
Editing & Writing:
Zerp Zerp
Thumbnail Graphic: Zerp Zerp
Social: Zerp Zerp

Last edited:
Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

Top Bottom