• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pointers for Playing Agaisnt Link(s)

Nesspurr_8

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-0950-3539-5891
Hey guys and gals, this is my first every thread on this website so sorry if I don’t follow any traditions or say things in a wrong way.

Recently, I have noticed that I can’t beat any Links (Toon and Young included) I come across. They sit on one side of the map and spam projectiles, and when I get close they attack me first and I’m knocked back to square 1.

I’ve tried using the shield-dash-shield method, but I always slip up or don’t have time to shield between dashes. And when it does work, they grab me in shield or out of shield and I can’t do anything about it

I would really appreciate some tips, pointers, or anything helpful to deal with this. Please do not tell me to change my main to try and counter them.

Mi4Slayer

Smash Cadet
I'm really not sure if my advices will help as an average player who mains Links, but I will try.

I dunno about the other Links too well, but with normal Link, I would say, mix it up. Jump out of shield. Don't let Link have the mid range and close up distance with him. Use your fastest and safest options up close to win neutral and try so stay in his face as much as possible. And be patient, Link's projectile does have some fair amount of startup lag or end lag, there is a rhythm and logic in a the good Link main to everything we do. If you get hit by the boomerang up close try your best to DI or airdoge the right way because if we are not pulling an other bomb, we are certainly coming after you.

As for the bomb, if you have questions try asking me for specific scenarios, But in general we use them to stun you by the throw impact into an aerial or jabs, or just explode them or plant them down as a trap to play around, to apply mental game, pressure and stage control over the opponent and of course edguarding.

Last edited:

Mister.Kim1

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2558-6837-3970
I have came across Young Links spamming arrows at the side of the map.
As for your main, :ultsamus::

Jump your way across to close the gap, drop bombs, forcing Link to move away from his position. Keep a tight space between so you have enough time to punish Link that may try to spam arrows at you. That is my way of dealing spamming Links. Hope you take my word for it.

Top Bottom