• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POE3: WIFE HUSBAND G-REG WOBBLES ZHU ROCKCROCK KELS TINK DREPHEN MACD 2maro! - 6/26

BBQ°

Smash Champion
sure thing BBQ. Not for $200 though, we cant all be big spenders like you :)

2 rounds would be perfect if we have time PEEF
rofl. I'm never doing another $200 money match ever again. It becomes more of a fight against nerves than a fight against your opponent.

I'll money match you for 1-5$, your choice. I like 3 out of 5. I can also record it if you want. Another thing, I may not even be able to make it to this tourney so don't get your hopes up lol. But it is really close to my bday, so we'll see.

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
Can we just sleep at the venue if 100+ people need housing? lol
If people willing to be crowded and/or sleep on the floor, that'll add more people I can house. I can literally see the venue from my outside of my neighborhood, which if anyone wants to go to "The party at PEEF's", I'm willing to carpool anyone who wants to go, which my car can hold about 4 extra people. Just no actual smoking/drinking inside my house.

Also, PEEF, should texture hacks be allowed in-tourney?

EDIT: Peeked at my B-Day gift. I am getting a dazzle, should be able to bring my PC, since it's 3-5 mins away, plus I trust every single one of you except Wiggins. Naw, jk. This will allow for 2 recording stations. I am also getting a wireless NIC, if we wanna livestream with it.

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
IMO they should be allowed, but if a player doesn't wanna play on a setup that has it, he should be allowed to switch.
HYES! I have successfully contributed to this thread XD.
But in all seriousness, if anyone has any requests for texture hacks/music hacks, I'm probably gonna burn megaamounts of discs for this if PEEF gives me the OK. SleepyK, if you could give me any that's not uploaded on the internet, could you give me a copy?

kirkq

Smash Ace
should texture hacks be allowed in-tourney?
I dunno if texture or music hacks should be used, they have a possibility of lagging or crashing the game. I personally wouldn't play any tournament matches on them, if not just for the reason that it is hard to recognize some of the animations with weird character skins.

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
I dunno if texture or music hacks should be used, they have a possibility of lagging or crashing the game. I personally wouldn't play any tournament matches on them, if not just for the reason that it is hard to recognize some of the animations with weird character skins.
Only lag I've ever seen through them is the disc read, which tbh would only affect someone playing Shiek, if they accidently switch to Zelda, which even if they do it, it only keeps them in the invincible transformation sequence longer, which even if someone abuses it, they'll be disqualified probably because of stalling(I wouldn't make the ruling, PEEF would, but I'm 99.999% sure he would). As for crashing, I've never actually had it crash on me, and I've been using the backup launcher since Waninkoko released it. Any disc I burn though, I will thoroughly test until I am sure it will not crash and/or lag. As for "hard to recognize some of the animations with weird character skins", if you don't want to play on it, it's your choice. However, isn't it the same as Daisy Peach vs. Normal Peach?

ScytheMan0

Smash Rookie
@PEEF I might need housing for this, so, if you could, please put me under possible for housing. And sorry to disappoint, but I don't go to IU. I'm actually only in high school >_>

PEEF!

Smash Hero
lol peef u should just spend 3 bucks or whatever and get the name change...so many new people call you rich wheeler lol
I'm gonna, but does it last forever?

Also, PEEF, should texture hacks be allowed in-tourney?
I am also getting a wireless NIC, if we wanna livestream with it.
No to the texture hacks. I will have none of them. We can use them as friendly setups. Just tell me about it.

6th pillar is going to attend
Well that sounds cool. Who are you guys?

@PEEF I might need housing for this, so, if you could, please put me under possible for housing. And sorry to disappoint, but I don't go to IU. I'm actually only in high school >_>
Aww. NP I'll put you down.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Big time public poll.

Should I change my name to PEEF or PEEF!

Thanks. I'm giving in to Premium now that MacD, SleepyK and DJ Nintendo called me Rich in this thread. That was the last straw. DJ NINTENDO! That's just the last straw.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Where did lambchops post to say that he's coming to this? O.o
I wanna falco ditto him.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
He didn't. DJ Nintendo lives with him, and he forwarded us Lambchops interest.

Now answer the question.

PEEF or PEEF!

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Either dmac, JBM or AustinRC should be in that final Midwest spot
We already determined that if you get darkrain, we get AustinRC. As of now, it looks like non-midwest will be: Zhu, macd, AustinRC, DJ Nintendo, Rock Crock, Chad, IHSB (assuming he comes) Me... anyone else I'm forgetting?

Also, I would be happy to captain the Not Midwest (or World, as peef put it... tho idk why because it looks like it's gonna be a US only tourney) if people are okay with that. If not me, I think Zhu should be captain, but idk if he wants to or not.

Dart

Smash Lord
Nop. Crews first and early. Then doubles. While doubles goes on, we will be making singles pools, and we will be able to jump straight into it. I don't think time will be an issue. We can always make bigger pool cuts, or only do one round of pools if needed.

Also, the OoR team will need a captain as well. Hopefully Zhu will step up for that. The teams will be capped at 8v8. If there are less, then the mw team will have to use fewer people, and if there are more, the "world" team will have to make cuts =P
8? :ohwell:

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Yea, 8 is a dumb number. I'm sure we can come up with at least 10 for each side. Also, I vote for "PEEF"

What is "Rich Wheeler" anyway?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
The Midwest team is going to be the iconic midwest. That means no dart or andale haha.

Also, Chad and IHSB are not OoR IMO. They play with us way too much to be on the other team. I think they are both very viable candidates for team Midwest.

Zhu is world team captain.

Rich Wheeler isn't my real name or my tag. Just unfortunately my board name. Now instead of telling me how dumb it is, tell me if it should have an ! or not dammit!

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Big time public poll.

Should I change my name to PEEF or PEEF!

Thanks. I'm giving in to Premium now that MacD, SleepyK and DJ Nintendo called me Rich in this thread. That was the last straw. DJ NINTENDO! That's just the last straw.
Get at me lol!

He didn't. DJ Nintendo lives with him, and he forwarded us Lambchops interest.

Now answer the question.

PEEF or PEEF!
Its the other way around lol. Chops lives with me. To answer your question outta those two names, it should be Rich LOL.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Oh wow, i wanna play lambchops bad lol, you should try to convince him.
And i agree with 8-10 ppl crews =). Tink, Kels, Darkrain, Drephen, Trail, Viperboy, BigD, Matt/Tom R, chexr, Cosmo, Reneblade, samurai. eight of those people should be in the battle.

btw peef, where did rich weeler come from?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Peef, don't just say Zhu is captain... let him say it. I would like to be the captain, but if Zhu wants it, he can have it. The reason I listed Chad and IHSB is because they consider themselves "mid south" which, obviously, is not midwest. Also, let whoever deserves to be on your crew be on it. I've seen vids of dart and jmb and they both look solid. I've played dmac and he is quite good as well.

Hype killed. :|
QFT

PEEF!

Smash Hero
OH MY GOD

Andale you are THE MASTER of not reading sh*t that JUST got posted.

-Chad-

Slackerator
We are not midwest :X

I wouldn't play for midwest for a crew battle. No offense cause I <3 all of you we just simply aren't midwest, we are south.

Dart

Smash Lord
Peef, don't just say Zhu is captain... let him say it. I would like to be the captain, but if Zhu wants it, he can have it. The reason I listed Chad and IHSB is because they consider themselves "mid south" which, obviously, is not midwest. Also, let whoever deserves to be on your crew be on it. I've seen vids of dart and jmb and they both look solid. I've played dmac and he is quite good as well.

QFT
Bolded for truth

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
never had any crashes or lag on hacks >_>

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'm losing interest in crews now =/
lol....welp?

sorry I guess.

Dart, what did you place at SMYM? I know you are good but the point is that it is the BEST of the midwest. In order to make the top 8 team, you would be chosen over at least 8 of the following 15 players: Tink, Kels, Darkrain, Drephen, Trail, Viperboy, BigD, MattR, Tom R, Chexr, Cosmo, Sliq, Vro, JBM and Dmac =/

Both to you and JesusFreak, if this crew thing is to be taken seriously, everyone on both sides needs to be well respected, and be a consistently high performing player that is a quality representation of their region.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
peef my suggestion is to not worry so much about organizing crews yourself

let ihsb and chad choose what crew theyre on and let crews choose their captains, etc.

let the players in the crew battle choose due to the fact that some will surely not want to make the effort to be there for the extra time necessary

man peef no love for bigr

JesusFreak

Smash Hero

let ihsb and chad choose what crew theyre on and let crews choose their captains, etc.

let the players in the crew battle choose due to the fact that some will surely not want to make the effort to be there for the extra time necessary

AMEN! Preach it, brotha! For reals, let us decide who belongs where. As I said before, I'm happy to step up as Not-Midwest captain, but if anyone else wants to, I'm not going to be a douche about it.

Dart

Smash Lord
lol....welp?

sorry I guess.

Dart, what did you place at SMYM? I know you are good but the point is that it is the BEST of the midwest. In order to make the top 8 team, you would be chosen over at least 8 of the following 15 players: Tink, Kels, Darkrain, Drephen, Trail, Viperboy, BigD, MattR, Tom R, Chexr, Cosmo, Sliq, Vro, JBM and Dmac =/

Both to you and JesusFreak, if this crew thing is to be taken seriously, everyone on both sides needs to be well respected, and be a consistently high performing player that is a quality representation of their region.
Interesting. Very interesting.

No hate btw so please don't think i'm trolling.

EDIT: I'm not going to say anything. i don't want people to get the wrong impression of me before they meet me but i've played alot of those people and imo i think i can beat them. but whatever happens will happen. <3 midwest and i hope we win.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
The best player isn't always the best strategist. I've been around for a very long time. I know players well. I know characters well. Sometimes the captain of a crew doesn't even participate in the crew battle.

I have no doubt that both crews will be well represented when all is said and done.

PEEF!

Smash Hero

Yeah BigR has gotta be up there too.

I didn't mean to organize it myself, but not every marthrocks23147 can be on the crew if we intend to keep it legitimate?

BigD will you run the team?

JesusFreak I'm trying to be nice about this. What evidence do you have to be a good strategist? How many major crew battles have you been a part of? How many of the proposed out of Region team players have you actually played with? How many do you know on a personal level? Could you name who they play with? Do they even know you?? In order to be a team captain I would think these things would be somewhat mandatory to make it work.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Eh well, I guess Dart'll just have to become iconic at this tourney then? Oh wait, I'm stealing the spotlight this time, that's right! And just don't put Dart up against a Sheik if OoR even has one of them lolz(insert giving away strategy >=P)

I just looked at the calendar. It's May 9th....this is still more than a month away >=(

Top Bottom