• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POE3: WIFE HUSBAND G-REG WOBBLES ZHU ROCKCROCK KELS TINK DREPHEN MACD 2maro! - 6/26

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'll try to get a ride, but the chances are low.
I'm working on KirbyKaze.

He might not know it yet, but I am slowly breaking down his defenses.

Rearrange the letters in "KirbyKaze unknown team" and you get "Kamikaze Bunny Network"

O_O

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Roy is so bad that I'm not attending this anymore. I think I'm going to go eat some fresh produce with Luke. Going to play brawl. Brawl ftw. Melee sucks =)

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Roy is so bad that I'm not attending this anymore. I think I'm going to go eat some fresh produce with Luke. Going to play brawl. Brawl ftw. Melee sucks =)
lol what is this. i dont even....

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Why are you people still awake?!?! U don't understaaaaand. Lol.

Mad hype for this. Still praying I can go. Chances are slim, but dammit I'm gonna try.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I don't even know if you're kidding or not Blake
+1 for produce though

ScytheMan0

Smash Rookie
Is this only June 26th, or is it multiple days? Also, do we have any times yet [start, end, etc]? I'd like to make this my first tourney but gotta know this stuff before I can come. Thanks

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Is this only June 26th, or is it multiple days? Also, do we have any times yet [start, end, etc]? I'd like to make this my first tourney but gotta know this stuff before I can come. Thanks
wheres the adress for this?
People looking for details: I will update the OP with what I know and tell you here.

The tournament is one day. Signups will begin at 10, and doubles will start at 11. If we have over 100 people I would like to do 2 rounds of pools in singles. Because there are so many OoR players and we would all like to get as many serious matches with eachother as possible, I think a first round pool of top 4 out of 6 would be good, then a second pool round top 3 out of 5. Of course all of this depends on attendance. What I outlined above works pretty well for 84 entrants. It seeds fairly nicely to a 32 man bracket., but I am expecting more attendance. With more people, I might take top 3 out of 5 in the first pool, or maybe even 3 out of 6 if there are enough people. I will have people to help me with those decisions.

The tournament will probably end around 11PM-Midnight.

I will post the address this thrusday. The crew is coming to check out the venue for the final time, and after we approve it we will post it.

@ScytheMan - Are you at IU? I'm going there next year!

PEEF!

Smash Hero
LOL it isn't going to be at "some guy's house" idk where you got that.

It's at a megachurch. Our venue is basically 3 classrooms put together. They have those sliding walls between them and we are opening them up.

Spectating grand finals will be...awesome? I hope we can get use of the projector.

Dart

Smash Lord

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I hope this can fit successfully in one day. It seems like there might not be much time for crews/money matches/friendlies.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Thats what Friday and Saturday night are for. SMYM had 120 and had plenty of time for MMs and friendlies. It is possible we will have more people, but regardless, we will have time if everyone brings setups.

EVERYONE BRING SETUPS IF YOU WANT TO PLAY EACHOTHER.

Dart

Smash Lord
I personally wager that before the ENTIRE tournament everyone meets up for crews. Crews should definitely happen first, that way...

1. It happens most importantly of all
2. It hypes the rest of the tournament
3. We aren't playing at our worst *smashed out* and we aren't at our best *warmed up*

that sounds godly.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
So long as it happens. I <3 crews, and I've never been in a very big crew battle before, so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
It can happen at my house the night before, or it could be the night after. IF there is time at the tournament we can do it. We could do it before the tournament, start it around 11 as soon as registration is finished? Hm. I can have the venue open by 9 for warming up. "World" will be there, but IDK if "Midwest" will be. We haven't even decided on a Midwest team. I nominate TINK or KELS for team captain. We get Darkrain just saying.

Also, to save time, I propose not doing doubles pools. We could go straight to a bracket. I would have several people help me with skill and region-sensitive seeding. We could save alot of time that way, and probably have real time for a crew battle.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I posted lots of stuff and just made an edit. What were you gonna say?

BBQ°

Smash Champion
bbq almost lost a $200 MM to a brawl player, we dont want that scrub here :p

(<3 BBQ)

no but for real, this just keeps getting bigger, wtf? If DJ comes, this will be a national! a tiny national, but a national none the less!
lol reneblade. if I actually make it to this, we should money match.

Dart

Smash Lord
It can happen at my house the night before, or it could be the night after. IF there is time at the tournament we can do it. We could do it before the tournament, start it around 11 as soon as registration is finished? Hm. I can have the venue open by 9 for warming up. "World" will be there, but IDK if "Midwest" will be. We haven't even decided on a Midwest team. I nominate TINK or KELS for team captain. We get Darkrain just saying.

Also, to save time, I propose not doing doubles pools. We could go straight to a bracket. I would have several people help me with skill and region-sensitive seeding. We could save alot of time that way, and probably have real time for a crew battle.
Yeah, skipping pools for doubles sounds good to me ^_^

i really want to do crews though, seeing as this is becoming one huge *** ****ing tournament.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Can we just sleep at the venue if 100+ people need housing? lol

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Being captain is not fun. Tink can have it. I just wanna play.
I just talked to Tink. He doesn't think he can do it, but he suggested BigD and I agree. Hopefully he can step up and captain us. I really want the crew battle to be good. IDK if I can count on these MW guys to be here and warmed up on time. If they aren't here by 10:30 it will be canceled. Everyone staying with me will be on time, I promise that. Oh oh! I wanna help choose ppl for the team too.

I wanna be in crews ^_^
Yeah, you will be. For every person on Team World, we have another MW person to step up and be on the team for sure.

If i have housing then I will bring who ever wants to come from dewcrew with me
Bring setups.

peef posted what i was gonna say
I like the idea of skipping pools in teams in order to make time for crews.
Yeah, skipping pools for doubles sounds good to me ^_^

i really want to do crews though, seeing as this is becoming one huge *** ****ing tournament.
Then it sounds good to me. We will do crews first thing right off the bat. Then Doubles brackets, then singles pools and brackets.

What does everyone think about the idea of 2 rounds of pools so more people get to play tournament matches with eachother?

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
sure thing BBQ. Not for $200 though, we cant all be big spenders like you :)

2 rounds would be perfect if we have time PEEF

PEEF!

Smash Hero
shouldn't we do doubles then singles then crews?
Nop. Crews first and early. Then doubles. While doubles goes on, we will be making singles pools, and we will be able to jump straight into it. I don't think time will be an issue. We can always make bigger pool cuts, or only do one round of pools if needed.

Also, the OoR team will need a captain as well. Hopefully Zhu will step up for that. The teams will be capped at 8v8. If there are less, then the mw team will have to use fewer people, and if there are more, the "world" team will have to make cuts =P

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Thanks Rich =)

Crews should always go first before any other event or else there's no point in doing it.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
If the crew battle gets to be 8v8, I think the MW team should be like....Tink, Kels, Darkrain, Drephen, Trail, Viperboy, BigD, and then the 8th spot should be fought for between the likes of like....Dmac, Dart, Andale, Vro, etc somehow. I know two of those people are from my crew, but to be fair, Dart's already proven he can compete because he beat G$ at SMYM11(sure, friendlies, whatever =/) and 3 stocked Tink's Fox in tourney, and he's improved since then. Andale is kind of a toss up rofl, he'll go from ****** all of us to picking Marth and Fox in SMYM pools and not making it out so that ones iffy xD I'd at least put Dart, Dmac, and Vro up for consideration or something of that nature, then again, I could be overlooking a MW player that's hella good, which is highly likely rofl. Just my $0.02.

Pondering on playing Fox or Falcon at this lolz xD Both are too fun >_<

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Either dmac, JBM or AustinRC should be in that final Midwest spot

Top Bottom