• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Smasher Guys - SSB Fangame

Lovintendo

Smash Rookie
Hi, guys! I'm thinking of creating a fangame of Super Smash Bros. But in a retro / pocket style, and I created this topic for you to help me with this project.
Rules and Tips
1. I've never played SSB in my life, so anything I forget or miss, please correct me.
2. I hate very big posts, but come on.
3. I'm not very experienced in programming, I do not know which program to use and I do not know some characters, so you can help me in that part too.
4. I am a spriter, and I even made some characters, the problem is to make a complete sheet, which gives a lot of work. You can help me here. Remember: characters can only have 6 colors, large characters or many colors can have 9 colors or sprites separated, and the characters must be retro / pocket style.

5. I will use the songs and audios of the original games, but if there is any audio missing or someone makes a good song, I accept the help.
6. The characters can be selected with different colors, right? For here, this goes beyond. You can unlock a new costume for the character (a costume for each, and does not change color) but some characters need different clothes and I do not know any. I'll need some help here.
7. Completing some missions, you get awards that are sprites of the characters or some scene with 3D effect. But I do not have any tools for this kind of thing, although I've already done some, but I'm going to need help here as well.

8. The selection of characters will be very new. A different roster, Portraits of the characters will appear when selected, in addition to the formation of teams of 23 characters, separated by company that created them or game classification. But I need help with the roster, some Portraits, the separation of some characters and the creation of some missions.
9. I am undecided about the messages of "CHALENGER APPROACHING". Over time you will understand why.
Teams
Team Coins
Mario - Luigi - Wario - Donkey Kong - Diddy Kong - Bowser - Bowser Jr - Princess Peach - Rosalina and Luma - Yoshi - Dr. Mario - Mr. Game & Watch - R.O.B - Link - Zelda - Sheik - Toon Link - Ganondorf - Samus - Zero Suit Samus - Ridley - Fox - Falco
Team Rings
Sonic - Tails - Knuckles - Amy - Dr. Eggman - Metal Sonic - Alex Kidd - Joe Musashi - Toejam - Earl - Flicky - Chaz - Alys - Harrier - Axel - Ax Battler - Gilius Thunderhead - Death Adder - Wonder Boy - Centurion (Altered Beast) - Bayonetta - ? - ?
Team Mana/Team RPG
Pikachu - Squirtle - Ivysaur - Jigglypuff - Mewtwo - Charizard - Greninja - Lucario - Ness - Lucas - Roy - Ike - Marth - Robin - Lucina - Corrin - Crono - Cloud - Shulk - ? - ? - ? - ?
Team Fighters
Megaman - Gutsman - Bio Devil - Tron Bonne - Ryu - Chun-li - M. Bison - Akuma - Yun - Rose - Arthur - Son Son - Felicia - Morrigan - Anakaris - Guy - Haggar - Poison - Rolento - Hiryu - Captain Commando - Amingo - Dante
Team Rivals (unlockable)
Terry - Mai - Ryo - Robert - Haohmaru - Nakoruru - Marco
Team Blood (unlockable)
Scorpion - Sub-Zero - Liu Kang - Sektor - Sonya - Kung Lao - Shang Tsung
Team Konami (unlock with Konami code at the Title screen)
Goemon - Simon Belmont - Dracula - Solid Snake - TwinBee - Bill - Konami Man
Team Indie
Shovel Knight - Shantae - Quote - Isaac - Steve - Meat Boy - Underpants
Team Mix/Characters remaining
Kirby - Meta Knight - King Dedede - Pit - Dark Pit - Palutena - Pac-Man - Duck Hunt Dog - Little Mac - Villager - Wii Fit Trainer - Rayman - Captain Falcon - Jin Kazuya - King - Earthworm Jim - Crash Bandicoot - Inkling - Bomberman - Popo and Nana - Battletoads - Dig Dug
Waiting for an answer.

Last edited:

Lovintendo

Smash Rookie
I'm with a problem to solve. I'm in doubt about which bar I use: with normal symbol, team symbol or characters symbol.

Sorry again

AlRex

Smash Lord
I love the sprite-work and the roster's broader emphasis on gaming history, but I'm somewhat baffled by the fact that you've never played Smash. I'd at least try to watch a lot of videos, especially ones that show off movesets/gameplay mechanics in broader detail, and maybe also try playing SSB64 on an emulator if you can. Maybe even look at other fangames, or similar games, like the DS Jump Stars games or the Outfoxies, to see how to do something like this with 2D sprites.

Also, this is more of a "fanboy-ish" thing, but perhaps Shovel Knight could be on a smaller team with other indies like Shantae and Quote from Cave Story. :D

Last edited:

Lovintendo

Smash Rookie
The idea of AlRex is very good, so whenever you think of a character, let me know.

I thought of a team with: Shovel Knight, Meat Boy, Shantae, Underpants (Undertale), Steve (Minecraft), Isaac, Quote. what do you think?

Which do you prefer: with 6 or 9 colors?

Lovintendo

Smash Rookie

Some new stuff

*With a really big help from Physix.

/!\REFERENCE ALERT!!!/!\
In mode b, Duck Hunt Dog's idle pose is the same from Nakoruru, look:

What do you think?

Top Bottom