• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PnT Presents @ BRAWLAPALOOZA 2 @ -Miami , FL-8.17.08 (RESULTS AND BRACKETS in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Now I wanna join the war on the boards.

Ok lemme start by saying that I hate Lee. He is so stupid and ****, *****, ****, a$$ hole mofo. blah blah blah. LoLz.

-advent-

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
wait... so noone hates me....?

<3 afro
Noone hates you. They just hate cause of metaknight, its what all mk users have to go through. ;)

Im posting this from the nexus, im gonna go play ITG2 while i wait for my ride home. Imma do Queen of Light, then Touch Me, then Anubis, then Soapy bubble, all on expert.
Whoa...people still play ITG/DDR? I thought that was dead...I use to be nasty at DDR. :o

AfroQT

Smash Master
You beat me, only for me to adapt and fvckin ****stomp you in our next match. SO BAD that your pathetic *** gave up and took me to norfair as metaknight (BTW a great stage for mk and a horrible stage for snake) and STILL got owned, and now you say you werent trying? YEAH you REALLY werent trying for the set that determined if you got money or not (loser semis) get your bull**** outta here.

Stop denying it, YOU'RE FVCKIN TERRIBLE KID
You ACT like your on some high seat because you beat me (and ALWAYS only to get **** ON by me in our next set in the same tournament), your nothing but a gimick, which is EXACTLY why you cant even manage to place top 5 (hell, BARELY top 10 with your GOD tier character i might add). Atleast rx manages to get top 3 (with the exception of willvo).

You wanna keep talkin **** on the boards though, lets MM for some REAL money.
$50 MM me at the next tourney we are at. Of course you being a little ***** you wont accept, because you KNOW you have no chance. But if your man enough to take it, i'd gladly take your money.

Until you accept our MM (or place top 5 for ONCE, ROFL) dont even speak to me or about me. Your not even on my level of gameplay. SO keep spamming up smashboards hoping to be a big name (not like thats a HUGE deal but....).

Infact no, keep posting, your posts are almost as funny as your HORRIBLE tourney placings with your amazing character :laugh:

Im definitely not a noob and you DEFINITELY suck, before you make another pathetic post saying how you disagree, get to the top 3 at a tourney sometime soon (how long has it been since you won money from singles? 2 months? LOLOLOLOLO)

GTFO my nuts
period
reminder....

OH and as for the comment about reflex, i said that before i even played him or watched him play. Im just like linguini when people ask me questions like that. We both always say they suck.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Btw today's tourney was actually the first time I noticed lag in the PnT screens, most notably in one of my fights with Lee, and for some really weird reason my controller kept inputting itself to walk my characters slightly to the right which is why I often replugged my controller in the middle of the matches.

Lag wasn't TOO bad though, although it felt kind of iffy.

chckn

Smash Ace
Btw today's tourney was actually the first time I noticed lag in the PnT screens, most notably in one of my fights with Lee, and for some really weird reason my controller kept inputting itself to walk my characters slightly to the right which is why I often replugged my controller in the middle of the matches.

idk, theres two tvs there that I noticed that lag. And it was quite substantial. Besides those two, I really didnt notice it. Even while playing melee.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace

The TV couldnt handle my BEASTLY MONKEY KING LoLz, gotta luv Afro and his commentary.

-advent-

Master Raven

Smash Master
Yeah, maybe it's with just a couple of the TVs, 'cause I barely noticed, if any lag whatsoever on most of the other screens.

nevershootme

Smash Master

the tv you were playing on with afro was used with component cables. so there's no freaking way you can get lag >_> unless the wii wasn't set to 480i

Master Raven

Smash Master
Lawlz, I'm going to sleep too. Hopefully we can probably get some friendlies at PnT this weekend.

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
I've missed Galeon... :(

You're funny, Seibrik. I don't even know what you were trying to say with your first few lines, but I just strive to have fun and chill. Quit trying to legitimize stupid johns. I lost to Tommy G who could and did chaingrab me (shocker). I was straight with that loss as I always am and I didn't complain, so don't act like complaining about chaingrabs is legit. I didn't even make dumb johns like, "Oh, I didn't have matchup experience." **** that stupid ****. You hating me is whatever. I'm not gonna be like you were to me at LOLFUL and just sit there with the ole' Seibrik stare (gay version of the care bear stare) and question you on your reasoning. The truth is, I feel that you're quite the selfish know-it-all, which is very surprising seeing as the rest of FIU is probably the most chill group of people I've ever met. They almost make me want to transfer to FIU, but then I remember that there's ***gots like you lurking about.

Afro, I don't need to prove myself through a daaamnn vidjo-ma-game (I forgot how funny King of the Hill is) or any form of competition. I even say in my post that you're the better player, so I don't see what you're trying to prove here. I pretty much only post like this to defend myself from random gay hate. Straight hate is fine. :) So, yeah, I laugh at how you think that I think that I'm a big deal (what terrible syntax). I play primarily for the fun of it and then I see random **** on the boards trying to put me down for no reason. I responded just to Seibrik and you jump in spouting random hate that's somewhat inaccurate. I correct and you get butthurt. As far as my winnings are concerned, I'm still living off what I've won from Gigs3 and LS3, and I should get some money from Frizzizzames soon! So do you (but you know that)! I love knowing how to manage money (truth is, you don't spend it). :)

8-Bit is awesome! I hope this random eDrama cheers him up!

Chckn, yeah, I guess I was talking about you you. As far as our placings, here's the facts:

You placed: 17
beat: Gianni Navaf
lost to: NICK.RIDDLE, HRNUT

I placed: 9
beat: Evan Bolley (this guy was cool), Chazlie, POLMEX
lost to: theguywhowon, BONESAWWWW (good shot, bro)

You can infer whatever you want from that, and I'm sorry you got hurt because of my statements. I can be a **** sometimes like anyone, but your ROB does have potential. I'm pretty sure I said I was impressed with your top usage. If I didn't, now you know and knowledge is half the battle!

So who wants to watch Tropic Thunder after Gigs?

I'm gonna go to sleep now so I that I can do more yard work in the morning... YES

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
the tv you were playing on with afro was used with component cables. so there's no freaking way you can get lag >_> unless the wii wasn't set to 480i
Component cables doesn't help much for lag cases unfortunately. It's the smallest amount of lag though, at least it's not like playing online. People need to quit it with the lag johns.

Master Raven

Smash Master
lol he's really good. Personally I don't think MK (and Snake) has any actual full-blown counters in this game, but there are some characters who have a decent-good advantage against him, and Diddy is certainly one of them. I like to consider these characters as "light" counters.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
lol he's really good. Personally I don't think MK (and Snake) has any actual full-blown counters in this game, but there are some characters who have a decent-good advantage against him, and Diddy is certainly one of them. I like to consider these characters as "light" counters.
True True, but shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......... dont tell anyone about the secret:laugh:

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
lol rx youre probably one of the coolest people that were at my house for that tourney. On top of that youre way too good at piano, easilly top three in FL.
thank you, but i'm definately not top 3 right now

afro seibrik and linguini are all better than me, to name a few.

HunterSFL

Smash Rookie
I'm regretfully making this post, which will now break my streak of only posting on smashboards when it relates to a good fighting game (read: not brawl), both by special request, and also because I just found out that I don't need to drive out to Naples for work this morning because of the storm. So, here's to celebrating.

So, yeah, I laugh at how you think that I think that I'm a big deal (what terrible syntax).
Sorry, no. Maybe you're in some kind of I-try denial since you're obviously also in some kind of I-play-metaknight-well denial, but if you didn't care about being recognized, you wouldn't be making posts saying **** like

I beat [Afro] with all Wario at Willvo and then I just had some fun in our loser's bracket set (Norfair LOL).
and

By the way, [Seibrik is] still 2-1 with me. :lick:
I mean ****, did no one even notice that the first quote is completely irrelevant, and the second quote is barely any better? We're talking about just how bad and braindead your Metaknight is, and you're responding by reminding everyone that you beat Afro in a single set using Wario once. But yeah, you're right, you're not trying to hype yourself up or anything -- just defending yourself.

Listen, it's real simple. You're missing the point and going off about who you beat and when you beat them, when none of it matters at all. The only thing in question is how good (or rather bad) your Metaknight is. So are you really going to sit here, and try to defend the idea that you play a solid as hell, smart as hell, poking-well, spacing-properly Metaknight? Or even worse, are you going to try to argue that your spamming style is somehow better than that?

Just admit that you're a nobody. It'll be ok, man, there's lots of average players and there's nothing wrong with that. Just recognize that you had your 15 seconds of "fame" where you got lucky and fluked your way into placing 7 or 8 spots higher then you should have at a single tournament. And that you kept your name on everyone's tongue for a few weeks longer then it should have been because you post in every thread on this board to remind people you exist after dropping back to the obscurity of barely placing top 10 at small tournaments.

You're not good. Deal with it.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I'm regretfully making this post, which will now break my streak of only posting on smashboards when it relates to a good fighting game (read: not brawl), both by special request, and also because I just found out that I don't need to drive out to Naples for work this morning because of the storm. So, here's to celebrating.

Sorry, no. Maybe you're in some kind of I-try denial since you're obviously also in some kind of I-play-metaknight-well denial, but if you didn't care about being recognized, you wouldn't be making posts saying **** like

and

I mean ****, did no one even notice that the first quote is completely irrelevant, and the second quote is barely any better? We're talking about just how bad and braindead your Metaknight is, and you're responding by reminding everyone that you beat Afro in a single set using Wario once. But yeah, you're right, you're not trying to hype yourself up or anything -- just defending yourself.

Listen, it's real simple. You're missing the point and going off about who you beat and when you beat them, when none of it matters at all. The only thing in question is how good (or rather bad) your Metaknight is. So are you really going to sit here, and try to defend the idea that you play a solid as hell, smart as hell, poking-well, spacing-properly Metaknight? Or even worse, are you going to try to argue that your spamming style is somehow better than that?

Just admit that you're a nobody. It'll be ok, man, there's lots of average players and there's nothing wrong with that. Just recognize that you had your 15 seconds of "fame" where you got lucky and fluked your way into placing 7 or 8 spots higher then you should have at a single tournament. And that you kept your name on everyone's tongue for a few weeks longer then it should have been because you post in every thread on this board to remind people you exist after dropping back to the obscurity of barely placing top 10 at small tournaments.

Hey back off my buddy Gmoney! >=( Or am I going to have to choke a *****!?

AfroQT

Smash Master
I've missed Galeon... :(

You're funny, Seibrik. I don't even know what you were trying to say with your first few lines, but I just strive to have fun and chill. Quit trying to legitimize stupid johns. I lost to Tommy G who could and did chaingrab me (shocker). I was straight with that loss as I always am and I didn't complain, so don't act like complaining about chaingrabs is legit. I didn't even make dumb johns like, "Oh, I didn't have matchup experience." **** that stupid ****. You hating me is whatever. I'm not gonna be like you were to me at LOLFUL and just sit there with the ole' Seibrik stare (gay version of the care bear stare) and question you on your reasoning. The truth is, I feel that you're quite the selfish know-it-all, which is very surprising seeing as the rest of FIU is probably the most chill group of people I've ever met. They almost make me want to transfer to FIU, but then I remember that there's ***gots like you lurking about.

Afro, I don't need to prove myself through a daaamnn vidjo-ma-game (I forgot how funny King of the Hill is) or any form of competition. I even say in my post that you're the better player, so I don't see what you're trying to prove here. I pretty much only post like this to defend myself from random gay hate. Straight hate is fine. :) So, yeah, I laugh at how you think that I think that I'm a big deal (what terrible syntax). I play primarily for the fun of it and then I see random **** on the boards trying to put me down for no reason. I responded just to Seibrik and you jump in spouting random hate that's somewhat inaccurate. I correct and you get butthurt. As far as my winnings are concerned, I'm still living off what I've won from Gigs3 and LS3, and I should get some money from Frizzizzames soon! So do you (but you know that)! I love knowing how to manage money (truth is, you don't spend it). :)

8-Bit is awesome! I hope this random eDrama cheers him up!

Chckn, yeah, I guess I was talking about you you. As far as our placings, here's the facts:

You placed: 17
beat: Gianni Navaf
lost to: NICK.RIDDLE, HRNUT

I placed: 9
beat: Evan Bolley (this guy was cool), Chazlie, POLMEX
lost to: theguywhowon, BONESAWWWW (good shot, bro)

You can infer whatever you want from that, and I'm sorry you got hurt because of my statements. I can be a **** sometimes like anyone, but your ROB does have potential. I'm pretty sure I said I was impressed with your top usage. If I didn't, now you know and knowledge is half the battle!

So who wants to watch Tropic Thunder after Gigs?

I'm gonna go to sleep now so I that I can do more yard work in the morning... YES
nah son, NONE of the **** i've said about you has been inaccurate.
Its all been 100% true, you know it.
And im not getting butthurt, you couldnt possibly ever make me feel bad.
IM just stating facts and keepin it real.

Imma assume you are declining my MM? lol who saw that coming.

AfroQT

Smash Master

and

This post is 100% true.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero

and

Wow, i've never wanted to put a quote in my sig ever. It's too bad this is too **** long to do that. If only I could somehow possibly find a way to summarize this entity of amazingness into one short line that explains everything we've been trying to say since that gigs tourny....

Hmmmm...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Announcement

Ok, I think im done laughing at the situation now, time to really talk.

Seibrik, 8bit, Polmex...no, just stop. All three of you are dumb. Even though i <3 polmex for his support, just stop with all of the "best diddy" talk. Its unfair to even compare us right now

Unlike some other selfish *****es, I actually want there to be a better diddy than me here in FL. He will be better than me very soon, because on top of whatever practice he gets from SFL, I'm personally making sure that hes better than me. Anytime he has a question about a matchup or anything diddy in general, I'll talk his ear off on AIM. Lee getting better than me is beneficial to both of us. Since Ive been here going to so many tourneys, his rate of learning is going to be accelerated since ive played alot of people and gotten them used to banana spam, more or less. Im talking to him about anything that he wants, to save him time on the matchups I had to learn matchups with no help. I dont know if any of you know, but the Diddy forums have been completely useless for character matchups from anyone besides me until a few weeks ago, so being the only diddy here, I just had to wing it to learn what to do against characters. Lee can pay off from all of my hard work as he doesnt have to go through the same bull**** that i did for the past 5 months of "winging it".

For what reason wouldnt i want him to be the best diddy in FL, even for a short time? People think about the same things completely differently. I taught hrnut how to play diddy, and while his diddy isn't as good as mine (mainly because he rarely uses him), Ive learned things I can do that i wouldn't ever think of. There are things that I do that lee wont think of on his own, and vise versa. Making him better only makes me better. If i get better and think of new things, he gets better and thinks of more new things for me to get better off of. We're just going to build off of each other to the point where both of us are ****** everyone. Think of it this way...compare a banana-spamming diddy to a tornado spamming meta knight. The meta knight will eventually evolve to a meta knight that uses more moves and less spam, and then works on perfecting those moves for any situation (like comparing rx/gmoney to m2k). Same thing for diddy. Banana spam diddy (like i used to be, like lee is now) will evolve into a calmer smart-banana diddy (what I am now, what lee will turn into), and will then evolve into a diddy that uses all of his moves to their fullest extent . Im not saying lee is bad in any sense of the word, but he still has to go through the changes in playstyles that regularly going to tourneys will bring. Soon he'll realize how a diddy's best chance to beat anyone is the very first time they play them, if they are banana spam. He'll either get beat or closely win a fight against a person that he ***** the first time they played if he keeps the same playstyle, because its hard to consistently win with that system as your only method. Hes gonna go through the same phases I went through, only faster because I want to make sure he is better than me, for both of our sakes. Hes not there yet, but he will be. The fact that you compare us now is unfair to lee, as many more people are gonna say im better just because they know me. But if you want, i can make a thread declaring adventlee the best diddy in FL to date, if it will make SFL feel better

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Ok, I think im done laughing at the situation now, time to really talk.

Seibrik, 8bit, Polmex...no, just stop. All three of you are dumb. Even though i <3 polmex for his support, just stop with all of the "best diddy" talk. Its unfair to even compare us right now

Unlike some other selfish *****es, I actually want there to be a better diddy than me here in FL. He will be better than me very soon, because on top of whatever practice he gets from SFL, I'm personally making sure that hes better than me. Anytime he has a question about a matchup or anything diddy in general, I'll talk his ear off on AIM. Lee getting better than me is beneficial to both of us. Since Ive been here going to so many tourneys, his rate of learning is going to be accelerated since ive played alot of people and gotten them used to banana spam, more or less. Im talking to him about anything that he wants, to save him time on the matchups I had to learn matchups with no help. I dont know if any of you know, but the Diddy forums have been completely useless for character matchups from anyone besides me until a few weeks ago, so being the only diddy here, I just had to wing it to learn what to do against characters. Lee can pay off from all of my hard work as he doesnt have to go through the same bull**** that i did for the past 5 months of "winging it".

For what reason wouldnt i want him to be the best diddy in FL, even for a short time? People think about the same things completely differently. I taught hrnut how to play diddy, and while his diddy isn't as good as mine (mainly because he rarely uses him), Ive learned things I can do that i wouldn't ever think of. There are things that I do that lee wont think of on his own, and vise versa. Making him better only makes me better. If i get better and think of new things, he gets better and thinks of more new things for me to get better off of. We're just going to build off of each other to the point where both of us are ****** everyone. Think of it this way...compare a banana-spamming diddy to a tornado spamming meta knight. The meta knight will eventually evolve to a meta knight that uses more moves and less spam, and then works on perfecting those moves for any situation (like comparing rx/gmoney to m2k). Same thing for diddy. Banana spam diddy (like i used to be, like lee is now) will evolve into a calmer smart-banana diddy (what I am now, what lee will turn into), and will then evolve into a diddy that uses all of his moves to their fullest extent . Im not saying lee is bad in any sense of the word, but he still has to go through the changes in playstyles that regularly going to tourneys will bring. Soon he'll realize how a diddy's best chance to beat anyone is the very first time they play them, if they are banana spam. He'll either get beat or closely win a fight against a person that he ***** the first time they played if he keeps the same playstyle, because its hard to consistently win with that system as your only method. Hes gonna go through the same phases I went through, only faster because I want to make sure he is better than me, for both of our sakes. Hes not there yet, but he will be. The fact that you compare us now is unfair to lee, as many more people are gonna say im better just because they know me. But if you want, i can make a thread declaring adventlee the best diddy in FL to date, if it will make SFL feel better
^^ I strongly agree with this. Lee (Advent) has what it takes to become an exceptional player in Brawl, let alone become the best Diddy in our state and even region. He has a deep understanding and knowledge of the game and can assertively adapt and construct strategies. lol, Lee was the one who introduced me to the game of smash. I probably wouldn't be as nearly as good as I am. (****, that sounded like a recommendation for college) :laugh:

I think I also played Game Dragon X at ZP. If I remember correctly. You both had very similar styles, except Lee utilizes the bananas more and is a tad more aggressive.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
^^ I strongly agree with this. Lee (Advent) has what it takes to become an exceptional player in Brawl, let alone become the best Diddy in our state and even region. He has a deep understanding and knowledge of the game and can assertively adapt and construct strategies. lol, Lee was the one who introduced me to the game of smash. I probably wouldn't be as nearly as good as I am. (****, that sounded like a recommendation for college) :laugh:

I think I also played Game Dragon X at ZP. If I remember correctly. You both had very similar styles, except Lee utilizes the bananas more and is a tad more aggressive.
didnt we play a friendly at willvolution too? i dont remember what character i used though

i do remember that you rocked me a brawl bash II.

Go back before the long-string of gmoney ultra combos afro in one of seibrik/polmex/8bit posts, if you want to know why i posted that essay

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
The inaccuracies are Afro saying I'm only tornado and so I corrected, but it's whatever. You feel what you guys feel (feel how good it feels to feel) and I'm done with it. Words are funny things. :)

I guess when hungrybox beats me again at some point with D3 (you can own in Brawl too, brahh; I want to see patience combos), I'll say something stupid like, "I just played D3 and it was intense! Like, I played the fat penguin we all love and not just a chaingrab." Then I'll say something like Seibrik being garbage in comparison. This is not the way I feel at all about the situation at all, by the way. It's all quite rude.

spider, go to Gigs so we can hang out!

Lee was way to aggressive with his banana use when I played him. It made it really easy for me to take advantage of them. I don't see how I spammed in that MM... unless he means spamming glide tosses with bananas I stole from his bountiful supply. :lick: He's still got mad potential, but GDX is right about this arguments being pointless.

Master Ghost and Angel, keep on keeping on and good luck like I've always said. Go to Gigs too!

8-Bit, eDrama is entertaining for some, but I guess not for you.

somedude123

Smash Ace

and

I mean ****, did no one even notice that the first quote is completely irrelevant, and the second quote is barely any better? We're talking about just how bad and braindead your Metaknight is, and you' re respondaning by reminding everyone that you beat Afro in a single set using Wario once. But yeah, you're right, you're not trying to hype yourself up or anything -- just defending yourself.

amazing post lol the PR is full of those average players your talking about. u can expect queen colbol esam nick riddle hungry and other good players to replace the current top 10 with an exception of afro and hrnut in the future but theirs not gonna be a number 1 player most likely in the future too many good players will be beating each others and yes that means your gonna get owned afro eventually but adapt and deal with it **** em back. its fate and its inevitable. ur not shiz yet or me or speedn yet. sorryy rx and people like FIU your time of fame will only last for so long lol the old melee pros are taking over this **** as predicted so far seibrik is the fist to figure out brawl. im still getting used to this trash game

chopz on niels account

AfroQT

Smash Master
amazing post lol the PR is full of those average players your talking about. u can expect queen colbol esam nick riddle hungry and other good players to replace the current top 10 with an exception of afro and hrnut in the future but theirs not gonna be a number 1 player most likely in the future too many good players will be beating each others and yes that means your gonna get owned afro eventually but adapt and deal with it **** em back. its fate and its inevitable. ur not shiz yet or me or speedn yet. sorryy rx and people like FIU your time of fame will only last for so long lol the old melee pros are taking over this **** as predicted so far seibrik is the fist to figure out brawl. im still getting used to this trash game

chopz on niels account
i love you lambchops.

chckn

Smash Ace
thank you, but i'm definately not top 3 right now

afro seibrik and linguini are all better than me, to name a few.
lol sorry for late post but yeah for that statement I was referring to your wayyyy too OP piano skills :p. Next tourney I host, I hope you all can come down again. It really was a blast.

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
Holy ****, there was alot of reading going on. I dont know how all this hate built up over SG/Angel's success (Which I play with Angel ALL the time seeing as he practically lives with me, and he played better then he has before and hopefully he keeps it up, and since I last played SG he has improved like 100 folds. and literally practices by himself.) anyways, back to the reason of this post, Original post is updated with Brackets. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom