• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[PMU 1.0 released!] Project M: Ultimate - The best versions of all PM characters!

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896

PMU ver 1.0 has been released! Download here!

Ever miss how much fun 2.5 Sonic was to play? Do you miss the power of 2.1 Ike's swings? Charizard's infinite glide?

Well, lament no more! The build you all have been waiting for is here.

Put simply, this PM is the latest system version but with earlier character versions installed instead of the latest. This allows you to play the strongest versions of each character all in one place! Enjoy the Ultimate version of PM!

1. Where is the changelog?

Scroll down to the bottom of this post. :)

2. Do I need to install anything else with this?

No, just install it as you would any official PM version.

3. What if a character wasn't significantly buffed/nerfed yet?

Then their most current version will be used.

4. Are there any custom stages/music packs aside from the PM default?

No. This may change in the future, but if at all, changes will be minimal.

5. What defines the "best" version of a character? Is it a single version? Or the combination of their most powerful aspects from several versions?

The best version of a character is determined in two ways:

1. The character is talked about frequently due to their buffs in that version, and becomes nerfed in the next;

2. The collective opinion of all the people who will reply about it in a certain character's subforum.

It will be their exact version from that build, so say 2.5 Charizard will be exactly that and have none of the buffs introduced since then. In the future we may be able to edit the files so that we can combine version aspects. Stay tuned!

More to come soon! Post any questions or comments below and they may be added to this post. :) Feel free to report any bugs or other issues in this thread as well!

Please read the FAQs above before asking!

• Dr. Mario alt costume shoots fireballs instead of pills.

Characters reverted to earlier versions:

:4bowser: = v2.5

:4myfriends: = v2.1

:ivysaur:= v2.5

:4sonic:= v2.5

:4lucario:= v2.1

:rob:= v2.1

:ness2:= v2.5

:4fox:= v2.5b

:falco:= v2.5b

:falcon:= v2.5b

:dedede:= v2.6b

:mario2:= v2.6b

:lucas:= v2.6b

:wario:= v2.6

:wolf:= 2.6b

:zelda:= v2.6b

:sheik:= 2.5b

:gw:= v2.6​

Proudly brought to you by:
@ Sapphire Dragon Sapphire Dragon , @ PillsBuryDopeBoy PillsBuryDopeBoy , @ QQQQQQQ7777777 QQQQQQQ7777777 @ AndrewGuy AndrewGuy , and @Rage83

Last edited:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
So that thing Pills kept talking about wasn't just his own daydreams. Who would've thought. (He does do a lot of dope don't you know)

So where's there download link ?___?
This build is expected to be done within the next few weeks, depending on how much time we have. Till then, comment away!
Reading is important.

I also have a question, what defines the "best" version of a character? Is it a single version? Or the combination of their most powerful aspects from several versions?

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I also have a question, what defines the "best" version of a character? Is it a single version? Or the combination of their most powerful aspects from several versions?

1. The character is talked about frequently due to their buffs in that version, and become nerfed in the next;

2. The collective opinion of all the people who will reply about it in a certain character's subforum.

It will be their exact version from that build, so say 2.5 Charizard will be exactly that and have none of the buffs introduced since then; but I really do wish I could mix and match versions. Unfortunately I do not know how to edit the insides of character files but I'd be glad to bring anyone who does to the team.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion

1. The character is talked about frequently due to their buffs in that version, and become nerfed in the next;

It will be their exact version from that build, so say 2.5 Charizard will be exactly that and have none of the buffs introduced since then; but I really do wish I could mix and match versions. Unfortunately I do not know how to edit the insides of character files but I'd be glad to bring anyone who does to the team.
I can to an extent. I could probably edit stat values, but I can't change animations or hitboxes.

Right now I'm trying to add your logo to the opening. (Thanks for giving me permission to do that Pills)

Last edited:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
I can to an extent. I could probably edit stat values, but I can't change animations or hitboxes.

Right now I'm trying to add your logo to the opening. (Thanks for giving me permission to do that Pills)
No problemo man.

And I never thought of combining different buffs and stats to the cast.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
No problemo man.

And I never thought of combining different buffs and stats to the cast.
Edit: The good news is, it didn't freeze. The bad news? Just look for yourself:
2014-06-09 04.09.14.jpg
Ok, this is just weird, the image is shrinking every time the opening replays. Fairly sure this isn't supposed to happen.

Last edited:

AndrewGuy

Smash Cadet
Hey, this is kinda what I've been doing on my own. Except I was actually combining the versions, including brawl buffs. Like I have Ike 2.1+3.0 buffs with Brawl Aether Armor, and ETC. I have done this to a few characters, if you'd like to see.
EDIT: Working on list of what I've done
Ike: Mentioned Above
Mario: Using Alt Costume engine have made the Dr.Mario Alt colors have different damages and effects, Making Doc more like a different character (Clone) instead of just a costume. EX. Forward air Meteors on start up and sends out for the rest
Falco: Buffed/Sped up Brawl attacks with Melee shine
Fox: Brawl Animations but vanilla PM Effects and Damage
-
I can change things and merge if you'd like.

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
AndrewGuy, that would be so awesome! Ike sounds amazing as you have him. As for the others, Dr. Mario may be an extra feature in a later version but for now, I only want to reinstate previous buffs they've had in PM and not add any additional buffs or change animations. So, that's less work you'd have to do.

Sound good? :)

PillsBuryDopeBoy

3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Hey, this is kinda what I've been doing on my own. Except I was actually combining the versions, including brawl buffs. Like I have Ike 2.1+3.0 buffs with Brawl Aether Armor, and ETC. I have done this to a few characters, if you'd like to see.
EDIT: Working on list of what I've done
Ike: Mentioned Above
Mario: Using Alt Costume engine have made the Dr.Mario Alt colors have different damages and effects, Making Doc more like a different character (Clone) instead of just a costume. EX. Forward air Meteors on start up and sends out for the rest
Falco: Buffed/Sped up Brawl attacks with Melee shine
Fox: Brawl Animations but vanilla PM Effects and Damage
-
I can change things and merge if you'd like.
Sounds interesting. Oh and what Sapphire said.

AndrewGuy

Smash Cadet
I HAVE NO PURPOSE ANYMORE!!! Also, cool stuff Andrew.
Thanks?
AndrewGuy, that would be so awesome! Ike sounds amazing as you have him. As for the others, Dr. Mario may be an extra feature in a later version but for now, I only want to reinstate previous buffs they've had in PM and not add any additional buffs or change animations. So, that's less work you'd have to do.

Sound good? :)
Yeah, sure! Just tell me what you want with each character and I'll merge/do it.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Oh hey, I can help with the mixing moves thing, I can edit the attack values and swap the animations, it's pretty easy for me to do.
Also can this turn into Project M Minus please?

Last edited:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Oh hey, I can help with the mixing moves thing, I can edit the attack values and swap the animations, it's pretty easy for me to do.
Mhmmmmmmm sounds very interesting, if we need/could have you I'll let you know sooon.
And this will forever be ultimate PM <3

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I was kind of joking with the PM Minus thing, but I really want that to happen someday. Anyways yeah, just tell me if you want any help with this.

Last edited:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Project M Ultimate Turbo Ultra Platinum Arcade Edition DX + Collector's Edition

Last edited:

AndrewGuy

Smash Cadet
I was kind of joking with the PM Minus thing, but I really want that to happen someday. Anyways yeah, just tell me if you want any help with this.
Project M minus would likely be a lot of fun. But, for now we're just reinstating previous buffs. And I'm even still awaiting instructions, so I can start working.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Anyways yeah, just tell me if you want any help with this.
Awesome. ^^ I'm sure we can use your help, it depends on how much the others can and want to do right now though. Once we get a good outline of what we're doing and how fast we want it done, we may add you to the team to help out with attacks and animations. :D

luxmivozi

Smash Apprentice
So that thing Pills kept talking about wasn't just his own daydreams. Who would've thought. (He does do a lot of dope don't you know)

Reading is important.

i dont think il like that all that well... but in a way i will becaus if all of there best moves get put in itl be unbalensed and some moves are way to cheap and powerful "bowsers side a smash" its a mildly speed move that can kill light character at about %65

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
i dont think il like that all that well... but in a way i will becaus if all of there best moves get put in itl be unbalensed and some moves are way to cheap and powerful "bowsers side a smash" its a mildly speed move that can kill light character at about %65
"Balance" HA! Also your avi brings back terrible memories. DAMN YOU NAME I CAN NOT DISCLOSE ON A PUBLIC FORUM! DAMN YOU!!!

Last edited:

luxmivozi

Smash Apprentice
whats project m minus?

Top Bottom