• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM3.6 | Bowser teleport glitch when grabbing ledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos_Blasta

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes, when Bowser fortress-hogs or is about to grab a ledge in general, he instantly teleports to the middle of the stage, and then back to the ledge again, in just a couple of frames. You can barely see the P1 marker on the stage and the camera quickly adjusting to follow it before it returns to where Bowser is supposed to be. It's happened a few times while my opponent was still respawning, notably.

I've had this happen since 3.6b was released, and it keeps happening on 3.6. I use the Homebrew method.

Chaos_Blasta

Smash Journeyman
Is more information needed? I haven't been able to replicate it consistently at all but it's very annoying as it can make a character lose stocks by taking them off the ledge.

Chaos_Blasta

Smash Journeyman
Version found in: 3.6 Full
Hardware you are running: Wii
Loading Method: CFG USB Loader, hooktype AXNextFrame

Details:
Rarely, when Bowser tries to grab the ledge, the game immediately places Bowser in the middle of the stage, with the camera moving along for a brief instant before placing him back on the ledge, although Bowser starts falling instead of clinging to the ledge like he should have.

It has happened in SV, BF, and FD, at the very least. I would upload a video but I haven't been able to replicate it consistently. I do not have custom content.

I'm afraid I don't have much more to add, it just happens very infrequently.

Narpas_sword

Yea, I've also seen the instant release thing, and am trying to reproduce that too. Haven't seen Bowser appear centre stage though.

Thanks for the link to the video, it at least provides another scenario i can try to use to replicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom