• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data PM Ness Frame Data Thread

TechMage299

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TechMage299
3DS FC
3497-1921-5527
while charging the yoyo in either U-smash or D-smash, does it have a hitbox?

GMaster171

Smash Ace
Depends on what you mean, I can add a section stating how much invincibility you can get with perfect inputs, but I don't really understand what you're asking :/

Bryonato

Green Hat
something like that yeah. or like how early we can cancel lj into something and stuff like that. sorry for vagueness lol

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
in Melee, I used to go for DJC Dairs over the opponent's head to stall slightly and throw off their timing. In P:M, the Dair hitbox ends very early, so it seems Nair is the best option for doing this. Doesn't seem terribly useful though, unless weak Nair has combo potential.

Frame data is awesome, thanks for doing this!

CatieWayne

Smash Rookie
If I could get data on frames in the air and earliest ff on full and short hop that would be delightful.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
in Melee, I used to go for DJC Dairs over the opponent's head to stall slightly and throw off their timing. In P:M, the Dair hitbox ends very early, so it seems Nair is the best option for doing this. Doesn't seem terribly useful though, unless weak Nair has combo potential.

Frame data is awesome, thanks for doing this!
pk fire pretty much replaces that option. it has a lot more flexibility in range, and gives you more benefit.

TomBoComBo

Smash Ace
what frames does PK fire deal damage after it hits? It looks like it's about 5-6 frames between hits

GMaster171

Smash Ace
So in light of 3.5 coming out, and the new debug mode being available, I will be remaking every gif in this thread in the new hitbox display. This will give visuals for yoyos, PKT1, PKF and PK flash. It will also add interpolation and show each move clearly.

Get hype.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
SUPER MASSIVE ALL CAPS UPDATE TO 3.5 GUYS

GOT EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN HERE NOW. IF ANYTHING LOOKS WRONG TELL ME

also some of the gifs look bad in the shrunk version smashboards gives, they look better once you click on them. Also some of them are just worse because idk, might get the motivation to fix these eventually.

jtm94

Smash Lord
How much landing lag is on UpB and what is the cancel all about?
What about the special fall after UpB?

Boiko

:drshrug:
How much landing lag is on UpB and what is the cancel all about?
What about the special fall after UpB?
20 frames of landing lag.
What do you mean by cancel? The edge cancel? In 3.0 he would slide off a platform and go into freefall. It was fixed in 3.5 so that it edge cancels, but only after a certain point, pretty much when the last hitbox comes out.

jtm94

Smash Lord
In the frame data it just said it cancels on frame 20.
What's the landing lag like if he hits the ground after he enters special fall? still 4 frames?
I had someone trying to tell me it was faster than 20 frames.

Last edited:

GMaster171

Smash Ace
if you're touching the ground as early as frame 20, you'll cancel the rest of the animation and go directly into landing lag (20 frames). Landing during special fall is 4 frames.

ilysm

sleepy
OK, this may sound like a bit of a silly question, but how to do get the black backgrounds for those images in debug mode? I've been trying to create some images that would really benefit from a straight black background, and I've been looking everywhere but can't find a custom stage or command that will let me make use of that.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
I looked around for a black background, but got no quick answers...

So I did the most logical thing and deleted 75m's stage file (STGDONKEY.pac), which just happen to leave me with an entirely black stage full of platforms.

I don't remember why I deleted it of all things, but it worked.

ilysm

sleepy
Wait, so you deleted the files for a stage that isn't in the game...and it gave you a new, entirely black stage filled with platforms? I'm not sure I'm understanding this right...

GMaster171

Smash Ace
The file called STGDONKEY.pac is what replaces 75m in PM. iirc its with fountain of dreams. I guess some of the parts of the stage were changed so when it tries to load the default one it just loads the stage collisions.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
When can we have BKB and KBG and hitbox data in general like size etc like every other character's frame data thread?

Boiko

When can we have BKB and KBG and hitbox data in general like size etc like every other character's frame data thread?
That's a huge undertaking when you don't have Sartron's self made program. It requires going through PSA and getting all of the information for every move. I'll see what I can do though.

AuraMaudeGone

Smash Ace
That's a huge undertaking when you don't have Sartron's self made program. It requires going through PSA and getting all of the information for every move. I'll see what I can do though.
Seriously? I just went through doing it by hand for Sheik. :(

Last edited:

Boiko

Seriously? I just went through doing it by hand for Sheik. :(
Yeah, he has a program that calculates the KB and everything. He mentioned it in one of those threads that he did. I went through and did everything by hand also when I made the spreadsheet. Then I double checked my results against yours and his data. But man, what a chore. :/

Jamwa

Smash Champion
im not demanding anything, i understand it takes time, but i'd really appreciate the extra information :)

GMaster171

Smash Ace
Updated with knockback stats, multipliers, direction and other information. Unfortunately With all this information, a vertical list is becoming rather ugly.

Expect another large update that will include the missing moves, a more organized term list and a better looking way to display the stats.

Top Bottom