• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Link 2.5b - Possible Link Footstool Setups

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
Yo guys, I started messing around with footstooling with a few characters and I found that Link has "some" usages with footstooling. I even came up with a small video on what you can do out of a footstool (mainly with zairs since they are fast and can reset your opponent in a neutral position)

Of course, these are just ways to punish your opponent if they failed to tech the footstool. But none of these are definite in terms of being inescapable. There are other options instead of just zairing your opponent after the footstool though. However I like to use zair because if your opponent does manages to tech the footstool, using zair won't really put you in a bad position.

Against ROB though, you can zair before he hits the ground. This causes him to bounce up in a neutral position without him teching the footstool.

Again, I'm not saying that footstooling is extremely good or anything, but it could possibly surprise your opponent if they do not see a footstool coming and they don't tech it. And it can also give you good opportunities to reset your opponent to deal more damage/combo them even further.​
What do you guys think?​

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Neat. This really makes me want to experiment with footstools. If Link could get dair kills off of a missed tech, that would be pretty adequate.

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
Neat. This really makes me want to experiment with footstools. If Link could get dair kills off of a missed tech, that would be pretty adequate.
You could probably do something like that. I remember doing it once against someone in a friendly.
There are a lot of cool things you could do with footstooling for other characters as well. Here are two other theoretical combos (that probably won't work) with other characters.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
If only the button press on uptaunt weren't so awkward... and if I had a button I was willing to waste on this by remapping. I loved footstool combos in Brawl.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
In 2.6, all of the taunt buttons also footstool. So I guess you can mash anywhere on the d-pad. Still pretty hard to pull off though.

Rarik

Smash Journeyman
I switched X (i never use it for jump, ever) to taunt because it's so awkward to hit the D-pad for footstools.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
I've been considering making R my footstool button. I switched it to jump a while back thinking it would be easier to wavedash and djc that way, but in practice I've just been sticking to my old ways with those things.

ReD/WillE

Smash Rookie
Hey BryE saw you on the project m locator thing and I'm only like thirty away if you want to play. Text me
205-826-6286

Top Bottom