• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Ice Climbers Bad/Buggy?

TriffHR

Smash Apprentice
So I have heard from different people and sites saying that the Ice Climbers are bad, and that's believable, but I have also heard that they are buggy and glitchy. Either these sources are screwin with me, or I having noticed something. Is this true?
:icsmelee::icsmelee::popo::popo:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
How about you play the character and come to a conclusion yourself.

TriffHR

Smash Apprentice
How about you play the character and come to a conclusion yourself.
I did, and there is no way I could find all the glitches if there is any. That's the dam reason I made this thread . Also, no need to be rude about it, c'mon.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Being blunt is oftentimes mistaken for rudeness. There's nothing anyone over here can confirm or deny to you unless they themselves play the character, something you can very much do yourself as well, or ask in the ice climbers board. Simply asking are the ice climbers glitchy and then saying you can't reproduce anything you've read should have solidified your conclusion.

TriffHR

Smash Apprentice
Being blunt is oftentimes mistaken for rudeness. There's nothing anyone over here can confirm or deny to you unless they themselves play the character, something you can very much do yourself as well, or ask in the ice climbers board. Simply asking are the ice climbers glitchy and then saying you can't reproduce anything you've read should have solidified your conclusion.
It really doesn't. I would have never found Toon Link's forward smash - taunt glitch, that doesn't mean its not there. And its not like i'm posting this thread because I wanted to know out of the blue. I had received information and I wanted to know if it's true.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
You're still being too general with what you want to identify as glitchy. Reading "toon link has an issue where his secret taunt can interrupt his fsmash if you're holding down" sounds a whole lot more reproducible than "Ice climbers are pretty glitchy can anyone confirm."

It'd sure clear things up if you stated some of these things you've heard.

Kidneyjoe

Smash Cadet
In 3.5 they had a super frustrating bug involving their pivot that has since been fixed. There also used to be a bug that allowed you to control what direction Nana threw during handoffs which I think has also been fixed. Other than that the only things I can think of that might make someone say that they're buggy would be Nana's AI which, as far as I'm aware, is working as intended even if it isn't always perfect.

Hard to say if they're any good or not. There's only like 2 people that play them so it's hard to gauge their viability.

TriffHR

Smash Apprentice
You're still being too general with what you want to identify as glitchy. Reading "toon link has an issue where his secret taunt can interrupt his fsmash if you're holding down" sounds a whole lot more reproducible than "Ice climbers are pretty glitchy can anyone confirm."

It'd sure clear things up if you stated some of these things you've heard.
I don't know any of the bugs except the one this guy ^^ just said. The whole point is that I heard the are glitchy and I wanted someone to clarify if they actually are or not with some examples.

Damp

Smash Apprentice
They're bugs have been mostly fixed up thanks to Hylian's hard work. There are still some odd occurrences, or ways that Nana interacts that are strange, but intended I suppose. So you shouldn't have to worry about bugs affecting your gameplay right now like it did in 3.5.

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
In 3.5 and 3.0, forget about. They were so glitchy it was tererrible making them extremely hard to main. Now, in 3.6, the number of icies mains have significantly increased!

Top Bottom