• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM EX won't work hackless

CajBaj

Smash Rookie
I formatted a 2 GB (1.83 usable) SD card and downloaded the normal file from the Brawl Vault page here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=211526

I put it on the SD card and into a wii with Brawl, turned on the Wii, went to Brawl, went to stage bulider and... Nothing. There's only one file, it's 1.1 GB. What am I doing wrong? How do I fix this? Should I visit another thread? Regular Project M works fine.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
CajBaj CajBaj
Untitled.png

and
Untitled.png

That's how the root of your SD card and the insides of the projectm folder should look like

Last edited:

CajBaj

Smash Rookie
Yeah, and that works for regular PM. Thanks for screenshots. What I don't know what to do (after realizing I'm dumb) is where to put the rar file for PMEX or else what to do with the file. Thanks again for that, though, even though it wasn't exactly what I needed. Maybe I need to replace projectm (the file, not the folder)

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
Yeah, and that works for regular PM. Thanks for screenshots. What I don't know what to do (after realizing I'm dumb) is where to put the rar file for PMEX or else what to do with the file. Thanks again for that, though, even though it wasn't exactly what I needed. Maybe I need to replace projectm (the file, not the folder)
you extract the rar file (using 7zip preferably), open the folder ("Project M EX + Regular PM Stages" or "Project M EX + Stage Expansion" depending on which one you downloaded), and copy all the contents to the root of the SD card.

Last edited:

CajBaj

Smash Rookie
Wow, I really am a dunce! And/or not familiar with many file extensions. Thanks so much.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
CajBaj CajBaj Actually, those were screenshots from a PMeX build. I probably should've taken another screenshot

CajBaj

Smash Rookie
Panudroid Panudroid No, no, it's cool. I actually managed to load it up properly and everything, thanks for your time. Unfortunately, it keeps softlocking at the loading screen after selecting a stage. Too bad, really. I'll get around to figuring out what's wrong later.

DragSamus

Smash Rookie
So I get to the pm launcher, the game goes black screen and then resets to the warning screen that tells you to strap the wii mote to you wrist and it reloads brawl. One thing I notice is that there isn't an info.zml file in my projectm folder.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
DragSamus DragSamus You're probably having a "Too many codes" error. Open gameconfig.txt and change codeliststart to 8056800.

Gabriel Rodriguez

Smash Rookie
CajBaj CajBaj
View attachment 110114
and
View attachment 110115

That's how the root of your SD card and the insides of the projectm folder should look like
I start the hackless version, go to vault, open, brings me to initial first screen (play, update...etc), I hit play and it goes black and immediately brings me back to the home screen for the wii where you select brawl. What do? How should or can I fix it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom