• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM custom music issue

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
I recently discovered smashcustommusic.com, and have simply been downloading songs from it and putting them in the projectm > pf > sound > strm folder to replace songs in Brawl/PM. For the most part, it works like a a charm. However, on an annoying number of songs, it will do the following: It will play normally for about a minute, then start playing this same wierd, loud music. It makes no sense, and was wondering if anyone knows anything about this or what might be causing it. Thanks.

Edit: had to edit to fix a few spelling and grammatical things.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

strm folder to replace songs in Brawl/PM
'replace' sounds like your problem.
Dont do a drop and replace on your SD card - delete the old file, then add the new one in a disctinct 2 step process.

to fix it, ty dragging the entire strm folder off your sd card to your desktop(make sure the whole folder is deleted from SD, not just copied to desktop) , then back again.

Last edited:

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
strm folder to replace songs in Brawl/PM
'replace' sounds like your problem.
Dont do a drop and replace on your SD card - delete the old file, then add the new one in a disctinct 2 step process.

to fix it, ty dragging the entire strm folder off your sd card to your desktop(make sure the whole folder is deleted from SD, not just copied to desktop) , then back again.
I was comtemplating the problem after I posted this. In doing so, I realized that the glitch was actually playing other songs I had put in. I haven't fixed it yet, but I came to the same conclusion as what you just told me. Thanks!

Also, thanks for all the PM help/support you provide. Good help is hard to come by these days.

Top Bottom