• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM crashes upon starting a match as Mario

ComicBryce98

Smash Rookie
I've been having this trouble recently. Other characters load perfectly fine (or at least the ones I've tried), but whenever I try to play as Mario specifically, the game crashes as soon as the warp pipe animation appears. At first I guessed that it was just the custom skin I had just added so I simply removed it, but no, the game still crashes every time. Eventually I straight up replaced the Mario folder in its entirety with what it used to be but now it crashes even if I choose to play as Mario in general. The weirdest part though is how every single skin was working flawlessly, and now it refuses to even show Mario on screen without crashing. I'm guessing it might be because it might be so over-saturated with mods that it can't contain itself anymore, but if i could get a response as soon as possible on this matter it would be much appreciated.

*Also I think it should be noted I am playing the ALM5252 Custom Build of Project M, called Project M EX, running on a Homebrewed Wii.

Last edited:

ComicBryce98

Smash Rookie
did you touch the battle portrait? sounds like its freezing when trying to load that
Actually it got to the part where the match was having the first countdown (the 3, 2, 1, go countdown), but as soon as mario's pipe rises, the game crashes. I never altered the BPs, CSPs, or any other cosmetics either.

Narpas_sword

the entry animations are when the BP's load.

but i noted you mentioned PMEX i n your op - that's beyond me im afraid.
you may want to reinstall and work from there though.

Last edited:

ComicBryce98

Smash Rookie
the entry animations are when the BP's load.

but i noted you mentioned PMEX i n your op - that's beyond me im afraid.
you may want to reinstall and work from there though.
Yes but i never touched the BPs, but i have taken your advice and reinstalled it. Thanks for the help though!

Top Bottom