• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Nanobuds Nanobuds
Thank you for your awesome work and dedication to this thread. I've really enjoyed supporting you and will miss the hype that you and the art team caused me. I'll really miss this.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
This is still an arts & alts thread, and since the official stage discussion is staying up, this fills me with optimism that this thread, my favourite, the reason I signed up for this darn thing, will also stay open. If a mod closes it, I will break.

I thought I'd share an old Crappy Concept Art that I privately showed to Nanobuds Nanobuds that you guys might appreciate.
ceQ9dKQ.jpg
It's based off of Diddy Kong Racing, I think I'll try making it a real thing someday!

Chaos Wolf

Smash Cadet
While I was re-playing Valkyria Chronicles, I'd whipped up a bit of concept art for "Gallian Army Knuckles". as speculation on what Knuckles coulda been. Been using it as my Icon here, but here's the full image. Way I saw it, a Jet Set alt for Knuckles wouldn't have been as fitting as it were for Sonic; So I'd impulsively wanted to give him a Military costume.

valkyria knuckles.png

Last edited:

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942
While I was re-playing Valkyria Chronicles, I'd whipped up a bit of concept art for "Gallian Army Knuckles". as speculation on what Knuckles coulda been. Been using it as my Icon here, but here's the full image. Way I saw it, a Jet Set alt for Knuckles wouldn't have been as fitting as it were for Sonic; So I'd impulsively wanted to give him a Military costume.

View attachment 86007
I had an idea similar to that but i thought it would be cooler to have knuckles look like Axel from Streets of Rage

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Maybe someone else still checks this thread, so I have one question:

What's stopping the PMDT members from uploading the custom skins and new characters individually in BrawlVault like everyone else? I mean, the amount of copyrighted content in BV is ridiculous. Or is the entire Brawl modding community at risk?
It could be because of a lack of motivation, given recent events, but I'm sure there are a LOT of people who were looking forward to the new content, and it will suck to see some random moder "fixing" the leaked PSAs, leaving us with an inferior version.
I don't want to see all that progress wasted, even if that content will never be used in PM tourneys

Last edited:

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
I don't think any things "stopping" them, it's just that it's too soon for them I'd say. Wounds are still fresh and need time to heal, they'll probably release them after a year or so when all the tension is gone. That's my best guess anyway

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion

What's stopping the PMDT members from uploading the custom skins and new characters individually in BrawlVault like everyone else? I mean, the amount of copyrighted content in BV is ridiculous. Or is the entire Brawl modding community at risk?
It could be because of a lack of motivation, given recent events, but I'm sure there are a LOT of people who were looking forward to the new content, and it will suck to see some random moder "fixing" the leaked PSAs, leaving us with an inferior version.
I don't want to see all that progress wasted, even if that content will never be used in PM tourneys
If you want the costumes and skins, absolutely nothing is stopping you from using them right now. We are all up to date on that.

As for characters, never say never but I wouldn't count on that. Take what you can get.

NXero

Smash Apprentice
I don't think any things "stopping" them, it's just that it's too soon for them I'd say. Wounds are still fresh and need time to heal, they'll probably release them after a year or so when all the tension is gone. That's my best guess anyway
That's what I was thinking, but a simple "I'll/we'll continue working on them at a later time" answer will make me infinitely happy. The biggest reason I got into Project M due to the leaked character videos, even if I stayed for the gameplay

If you want the costumes and skins, absolutely nothing is stopping you from using them right now. We are all up to date on that.

As for characters, never say never but I wouldn't count on that. Take what you can get.
I dunno, it doesn't feel right. If there's absolutely no way they'll get released by the creators, then I guess I'll do what I have to...

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

It's because they know they're being watched by the bloodthirsty lawyers, ready to strike with their clipboards any minute now...

Oh crap I think there's one in this very room.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
It's been a week

The PMDT is still the PMDT, they still have a lot to hold onto. I'd be sentimental too

I mean, holy ****, the player devastation is probably nothing compared to more passionate PMDT members.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Damn. Funny to think that, this was the first Thread that I ever viewed on SmashBoards.

I know everyone's already said it, but major thank you to the Project M Art Team, who never spared a single ****ing detail for us.

We are undeserving fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom