• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cnip

Smash Rookie
Is Holy War Marth going to get any more tweaks? The portrait doesn't match its in game appearance (No gloves, no large collar, and a different hairstyle).

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
We only really stick to the "no references to games after brawl" for when we think of new characters. We aren't really strict with that rule for alts, especially with something like a hat for jiggs.

MLGF

Smash Lord
...So if Lyn gets in, can we get a Micaiah alt?
Character references are really fun for FE characters.

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
Idk, I wouldn't say that works as well as the others.

However, I would say that discussing alts for what are only potential characters seems a really silly thing to do. Maybe stick with the cast we have?

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Idk, I wouldn't say that works as well as the others.

However, I would say that discussing alts for what are potential characters seems a really silly thing to do. Maybe stick with the cast we have?
Yeah, the leaks are sometimes confirmed wrong like the Sammi one was when the PM Dev team tried to delete all posts covering the leaked charicters except for her

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Especially in terms of sounds, I get so tired of hearing "IVY, IVYYY, IVY, IVY, IVY, IVYYY, IVY, IVY" over and over, especially since the name thing really isn't much a game thing. Maybe each Pokémon's entrance sound could be their Pokédex sound, akin to Mewtwo's?
I dunno about all the time, but I would like taunts to be featured somehow. Mewtwo feels so lonely.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
Yeah, the leaks are sometimes confirmed wrong like the Sammi one was when the PM Dev team tried to delete all posts covering the leaked charicters except for her
I would discuss/debate this, but I suppose this is not the best place for it.

Samiplz

...So if Lyn gets in, can we get a Micaiah alt?
Character references are really fun for FE characters.
It's... it's not a particularly interesting outfit, in my humble opinion.
Though I concede that may just be me and my tendency to find Micaiah underwhelming in every way.

besides, with Roy's awakening alt,

I think this would be much more appropriate.
1441794504794.jpg

Last edited:

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
Sorrryyy, I should not have said anything more..

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Amittedly, I wasn't thinking at all about some of the costumes already in the game, but clarification is always nice.

I can't wait for HD Kongo Jungle and Fourside.. HD Fountain of Dreams is still something I really want.

You know what would be rad? A competitive F-Zero stage, that comes with a sick Version M remix of Big Blue. Yee-up.
This.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
I also can't wait for HD Kongo Jungle. I also agree Fourside could use some polish as well as a few other old stages, but why FoD? I think that stage looks fine as is.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I also can't wait for HD Kongo Jungle. I also agree Fourside could use some polish as well as a few other old stages, but why FoD? I think that stage looks fine as is.
Eh, I just feel like the water effects on FoD could look a bit better than they do now. Like there's no glimmer effect in the water, and if there is, it's not really noticeable because of the rainbows in the water, and the ripple effects leave something to be desired IMHO.

What other stages do you think should be made HD?

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
There are a lot of stages that we think are good...
But then our expectations are surpassed.

I think all they need to do is give it some extra fancy lighting and maybe add stars... But it sure is pretty already. And people have been porting Wii U stages to Brawl without too much trouble, so I doubt the hardware is super limited in terms of that. I totally messed up my format somehow..I think that Big Blue, Yoshi's Island (Brawl) and Yoshi's Story (Both), Rumble Falls, Skyworlds, and Jungle Japes could use some refining. With the introduction to Z Stages, I really hope to see a new Sector Z redone, maybe in homage to Star Fox Adventures, along with Planet Zebes, they both have such great potential. .

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Eh, I just feel like the water effects on FoD could look a bit better than they do now. Like there's no glimmer effect in the water, and if there is, it's not really noticeable because of the rainbows in the water, and the ripple effects leave something to be desired IMHO.

What other stages do you think should be made HD?
I personally want all of the 64 stages, regardless of them being main/alt stage, to be redone in glorious HD. I'd love to see the background of vDistant planet touched up. And though I'm glad it's back, I strongly believe Rainbow Cruise looks like ass. Oh and Fourside needs some love.
I do agree a bit with the water on FoD, but the rest of the stage is fine. I don't think it warrants an HD remake..just make the water look cool.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I personally want all of the 64 stages, regardless of them being main/alt stage, to be redone in glorious HD. I'd love to see the background of vDistant planet touched up. And though I'm glad it's back, I strongly believe Rainbow Cruise looks like ***. Oh and Fourside needs some love.
I do agree a bit with the water on FoD, but the rest of the stage is fine. I don't think it warrants an HD remake..just make the water look cool.
Given the Project M's definition of "HD", that might just about fit it, haha.

CND

Smash Cadet
I updated my screenshot gallery thread recently mostly with screenshots of stages from the first page and a couple of the alts for reference and your viewing pleasure or displeasure. I thought it would be a good time to point that out with the talk of stages.

http://smashboards.com/threads/cnds...hot-gallery-875-images-updated-9-2-15.380905/

Also, I am interested in seeing Kongo Jungle 64 updated because I like how the stage looks already and think of the 64 stages getting an update it is the one that needed it the least, so it is going to be interesting to see what the remake looks like. I also would like to see Fountain of Dreams get more reflective water but I think it is also fine without it.

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Someone made some console R.O.Bs, I think some of them actually don't look as good as the concept of them does, the GameCube head one isn't very fitting, and I thought I would love them: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209593
I still super want atomic purple.
I actually don't think I like the other console ones much to my surprise. We just lucked out that the virtual boy definitely looks like a face and the wii looks somewhat like a cyclops. The rest are just consoles... Well I guess that's one thing I will no longer request.

But Gameboy Green G&W I'm still waiting on.

Shin F.

Smash Master
The NES one might be better if it was open, so it would be kind of like the wii one, but its kind of boring in color, so I agree.

Atomic purple would still be the best.

Someone made some console R.O.Bs, I think some of them actually don't look as good as the concept of them does, the GameCube head one isn't very fitting, and I thought I would love them: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209593
I still super want atomic purple.
The NES Rob looks the best in comparison to the other 3, but that really isn't saying much. I really want to like the N64 one but I'd be lying to myself about it...

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
So I decided to make a list of stage slot changes with some additional alt stages that are more efficient in keeping the stage slots down. This should leave about 4 stage slots open.

1. Main Stage:
  • Fountain of Dreams = FoD + Balanced Halberd(+ Brawl variant)
  • Dreamland HD = Dreamland HD( + 64v) + Green Greens
  • Saffron City HD = Saffron City HD(+ 64v) + Another Pokemon stage?
  • Kongo Jungle = Kongo Jungle HD( + 64 v.) + Jungle Japes
  • Peach's Castle HD = Peach's HD( + 64 v.) + Princess Peach's Castle
  • Metal Cavern HD = Metal Cavern HD( + 64 v.) + Rainbow Cruise
  • Corneria = Corneria( + Sector Z) + Venom
  • Green Hill Zone( + Braw v.) + Another Sonic stage?
  • Pirate Ship Balanced( + Brawl Pirate Ship) + Another Wind Waker stage?
  • Shadow Moses Island - Balanced? (+ Brawl v.) + MGS3 stage?
  • Infinite Glacier( + Icicle Mountain) + Summit
  • Temple( + Great Bay) + Skyloft
  • Final Destination( + Brawl v.) + Training Room?
  • Onett + Tazmily Village
  • Flat Zone + Flat Zone 2
  • Port Town Aero Dive + Mute City
  • Norfair( + Brawl v.) + Frigate Orpheon

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So I decided to make a list of stage slots in PM that should be changed so there can be more stage slots.

1. Main Stage:
  • Fountain of Dreams

• Mario Bros. = Mario Bros. + 75m

• 75m = Saffron City HD

• Pokemon Stadium 1 = Sandfall's Balanced PS1 + vBrawl PS1

• Pokemon Stadium 2 = Project M Balanced PS2 + vBrawl PS2

• Jungle Japes = Kongo Jungle 64 + Jungle Japes
Explain... Explaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiin!

No but... what exactly do you mean by this thing?

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
So I decided to make a list of stage slots in PM that should be changed so there can be more stage slots.

1. Main Stage:
  • Fountain of Dreams

• Mario Bros. = Mario Bros. + 75m

• 75m = Saffron City HD

• Pokemon Stadium 1 = Sandfall's Balanced PS1 + vBrawl PS1

• Pokemon Stadium 2 = Project M Balanced PS2 + vBrawl PS2

• Jungle Japes = Kongo Jungle 64 + Jungle Japes
Well apparently Sandfall says FoD will probably be moved over Halberd bumping that to alt. Speaking about him, he said the team won't officially use his PS1 mod since the ideal competitive version is frozen which they already have. I do agree about Jungle Japes and they will probably go that route when they add new stages..

But mixing Mario + DK is no good. Also why waste two slots on stadiums when vPS2 can be the zecret alt. Pls PMDT.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
I mean they could retcon the stage layout to something new and then have a slot be both Stadiums, but I doubt they'll touch those stages at this point.

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Well apparently Sandfall says FoD will probably be moved over Halberd bumping that to alt. Speaking about him, he said the team won't officially use his PS1 mod since the ideal competitive version is frozen which they already have. I do agree about Jungle Japes and they will probably go that route when they add new stages..

But mixing Mario + DK is no good. Also why waste two slots on stadiums when vPS2 can be the zecret alt. Pls PMDT.
Ah I understand now... and somewhat agree. I'm personally gonna move stages around whatever way I feel...

CBO0tz

Smash Lord

No but... what exactly do you mean by this thing?
Sorry, I accidentally sent it when it wasn't done.

It's basically just my means of shaving away some stage slots by putting a couple stages in with a stage from the same game universe. I did it out of boredom and inspiration from another guy who posted a list like this on Sandfall's aMa

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I really like the idea of 75m and Mario Bros. having the same slot with one as an alt, though their icon should be something arcadey/vintagey.

I cannot emphasize enough on how much I want Majora's Mask 3D styled Great Bay to be Pirate Ship's alt. Everything fits. Tingle Balloon is not necessary, but I love Tingle with all my heart.

I don't know if this is possible, but it'd be cool to add more transformations to Playstation 2 Pokémon Stadium 2, then they could simply merge the two Pokémon Stadiums into one big casual-ish stage.
They have plungers because they couldn't afford claws. True story.

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I really like the idea of 75m and Mario Bros. having the same slot with one as an alt, though their icon should be something arcadey/vintagey.

I cannot emphasize enough on how much I want Majora's Mask 3D styled Great Bay to be Pirate Ship's alt. Everything fits. Tingle Balloon is not necessary, but I love Tingle with all my heart.

I don't know if this is possible, but it'd be cool to add more transformations to Playstation 2 Pokémon Stadium 2, then they could simply merge the two Pokémon Stadiums into one big casual-ish stage.

They have plungers because they couldn't afford claws. True story.
I'm so glad somebody did it lol.

And I love the idea of PlayStation 1 and 2 Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 combination transformations. Vanilla Stadium 1 so we can have the Windmill plz! (I miss that from the Melee dayz) The Stadium 2 transformations can be reworked though... I'm not a big fan of those.

CND

Smash Cadet
So I decided to make a list of stage slot changes with some additional alt stages that are more efficient in keeping the stage slots down. This should leave about 4 stage slots open.

1. Main Stage:
  • Fountain of Dreams = FoD + Balanced Halberd(+ Brawl variant)
  • Dreamland HD = Dreamland HD( + 64v) + Green Greens
  • Saffron City HD = Saffron City HD(+ 64v) + Another Pokemon stage?
  • Kongo Jungle = Kongo Jungle HD( + 64 v.) + Jungle Japes
  • Peach's Castle HD = Peach's HD( + 64 v.) + Princess Peach's Castle
  • Metal Cavern HD = Metal Cavern HD( + 64 v.) + Rainbow Cruise
  • Corneria = Corneria( + Sector Z) + Venom
  • Green Hill Zone( + Braw v.) + Another Sonic stage?
  • Pirate Ship Balanced( + Brawl Pirate Ship) + Another Wind Waker stage?
  • Shadow Moses Island - Balanced? (+ Brawl v.) + MGS3 stage?
  • Infinite Glacier( + Icicle Mountain) + Summit
  • Temple( + Great Bay) + Skyloft
  • Final Destination( + Brawl v.) + Training Room?
  • Onett + Tazmily Village
  • Flat Zone + Flat Zone 2
  • Port Town Aero Dive + Mute City
  • Norfair( + Brawl v.) + Frigate Orpheon
Someone from PMDT said that they are only going to use z alts for the 64 version of the 64 stages for the time being. I would think in the case of something like GHZ having another Sonic stage, then the Brawl version would be the Z alt, and Z-alts would be primarily the original version of alltered or updated stages. Unless they add a preview for secret alts like they have for the L alts, I don't think something like Temple, Great Bay, and Skyloft work as well together. I think the music might prevent Rainbow Cruise from being paired with Metal Cavern. Also, think it would be cool for Final Destination to have its 64, Melee, and Brawl versions all represented.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom