• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM 3.6 wont start on friend wii

Xenor

Smash Rookie
Hi guys im new to smashboards and i have a problem with project m 3.6

On my wii it works fine, but on my friend's wii it wont start. We have tried many times and many methods but it just wont load project m.

I have project m on a 32gb sdhc card (i know the sd card needs to be 2gb but it works fine on my wii) and i have an ntsc smash on my usb, wich is loaded by neogamma with ocarina on and hook tipe VBI, and it load project m just fine. But when i do this same thing but with my friend's wii it wont start. (Also my wii is the white model, but my friend's wii is black)

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

hmm
SD (2gb) is only a requirement of hackless booting method - so thats not an issue here.

Im unfamiliar with neogamma - sounds like a usb loading tool though.
have you installed all the required USB loading cios on your friends wii?

also may be worth checking your friends wii is updated to 4.3. SDHC compatibility was added with a patch to the wii consoles, not native.

Xenor

Smash Rookie
hmm
SD (2gb) is only a requirement of hackless booting method - so thats not an issue here.

Im unfamiliar with neogamma - sounds like a usb loading tool though.
have you installed all the required USB loading cios on your friends wii?

also may be worth checking your friends wii is updated to 4.3. SDHC compatibility was added with a patch to the wii consoles, not native.
Ah, the wii is updated to 4.1E. So we need to update the wii to 4.3? If yes, how we do it? (Also, yes neogamma is a usb backup loader like usb loader gx )

Narpas_sword

4.1E should be fine.

have you installed all the same USB loading tools on your firensd wii as yours?

as a PAL user myself i use usbloader GX, so not sure how to troubleshoot neogamma sorry.

Xenor

Smash Rookie
4.1E should be fine.

have you installed all the same USB loading tools on your firensd wii as yours?

as a PAL user myself i use usbloader GX, so not sure how to troubleshoot neogamma sorry.
Strange...we tried loading it with usb loader gx too and it worked on my wii but not on my friend one. We also tried loading usb loader gx and pm with my sdcard but nothing worked. (Idk maybe i need to install some cios or update the hombrew channel?)

Xenor

Smash Rookie
have you installed any cios on your friends wii? or just chucked your sd in and expecting it to work?
I wasnt the one who modded his wii so i dont know what cios there are and stuff but not so much time ago we did an update to the homebrew channel and we installed the ios58 nintendont required to work. (We did the update because nintendont wont work without the last version of the homebrew channel also when i said cios in the post before i meant ios not cios im sorry)

Last edited:
Top Bottom