• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM 3.6 Video Search Thread

Sefthuko

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone!

I learn a lot from watching videos of other players and currently one of the most convenient places to go for PM videos is https://vods.co/projectm. However, one "problem" with this site is that it only contains videos from major tournaments.

I wrote a Python script using the Youtube Data API to run through a bunch of PM channels and organize match-ups based on video titles. Relative to vods.co, it is definitely a quantity over quality approach. For example, if my script doesn't recognize the formatting of a video title, cannot find a character name, or was released before PM 3.6 came out, it gets dumped.

To everyone still interested with this thread, I moved over all the updated data to a new website:
smashvods.github.io

This website loads much faster than the forum post used to, and I'm able to edit it much easier :)

If people want their videos added to this site, please message me with specific channels or playlists. If you want a detailed list of all the channels I currently track go to https://smashvods.github.io/pm/about.html

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Wow so many videos of me

To all aspiring Ganon mains, use these an example of what not to do lol

Smolder

Smash Apprentice
Could you possibly edit the script to also search through tags? I didn't spend much time on Python, but I imagine it could.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I know I have 3.6 videos on Tourney Locator's Channel. I think this script passed over Bowser's Revenge 20, 21, etc. Don't see vids from that tourney series of other players I know were on stream.

Sefthuko

Smash Rookie
i could pm u some more lucas vods of myself if you'd like
Do it!

Video 1: Can't detect because there is no character name in the video title
Video 2: Can't detect because there is no character name in the video title
Video 4: Will fix it momentarily! I have a list of character nicknames that are associated with a certain character, and Doc wasn't on it surprisingly. Thanks for the catch!

About video 3... I honestly don't know. My searcher has 3 modes, search through a dedicated Project M channel (ie: Socal Project M) , search through a smash channel that has dedicated Project M playlists (ie: Tourney Locator), or search for specific playlists my searcher can't find (ie: Shuffle VIII - Project M). Unfortunately, searching through an entire channel is the most unreliable. The Alamo Smash House channel has 160 videos currently and my script only detects 124. Unfortunately that video and some others are missed if your in channel search mode. Now if I switched it over to playlist search mode it'd be way more reliable but, all the videos on your channel aren't on playlists :/

Could you possibly edit the script to also search through tags? I didn't spend much time on Python, but I imagine it could.
I definitely could but the output would be messy. How would you organize it? Would you put every players tag against every opponent they played? I'll post a link to my output spreadsheet if your really interested in seeing what videos my search.

I know I have 3.6 videos on Tourney Locator's Channel. I think this script passed over Bowser's Revenge 20, 21, etc. Don't see vids from that tourney series of other players I know were on stream.
Nice Catch! I only had the IaB! playlists added. I'll make the change momentarily.

EDIT: So... This is a long post (over 17 000 lines) and smashboards isn't happy about me editing it. So, I'm gonna look into some other medium of posting updates to this.

Last edited:

Smolder

Smash Apprentice
I definitely could but the output would be messy. How would you organize it? Would you put every players tag against every opponent they played? I'll post a link to my output spreadsheet if your really interested in seeing what videos my search.
Ah. I can see what you're saying. But yeah. Post the output. I'd really like to see it!

Last edited:

Sefthuko

Smash Rookie
To everyone still interested with this thread, I moved over all the updated data to a new site I made:
http://pmvods.github.io/

I'm definitely not the website master, but it loads much faster than this forum post for my computer, and I'm able to edit it much easier :) I'd update this thread post to redirect people to this new website, but my web browser crashes when I try to edit it haha... so hopefully people notice.

If people want their videos added to this site, please message me on smashboards with specific channels or playlists. If you want a detailed list of all the channels I currently track go to http://pmvods.github.io/about.html

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Is it just me or is the main page broken now
I tried loading it on my phone and laptop and neither showed the character icons
or reference I<m using firefox47 on both

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I like the new navigation style, although the large icons on the main page are a bit jarring and don't look as good as the CSS-style icons on the second menu.

Top Bottom