• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[PM 3.6] Troubleshooting Custom Build

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
I know troubleshooting custom builds is annoying as crap, but hopefully this one will be manageable because it's somewhat repeatable.

Repeatable issue: So initially (for testing purposes) I created a match with 4 CPUs, unlimited time, unlimited lives, slot 1: Wario Man (green), Ice Climbers (Green), Kirby (Purple PM alt), and Marth (red) and choose Halberd as the stage. Eventually game freezes.

What hasn't changed from PM 3.6: I didn't change any PSAs or movesets. When freezing occurs, there are no custom costumes being used, however each character does have at least 1 alt costume I added (not used in freezing match though).

Custom content involved: I have a custom sound pack for Wario, that's it. Everything else in the match was Vanilla PM.

Test 2: I then repeated this using normal Wario instead of Wario Man. It still froze eventually (eventually = after about 10-15 minutes or so of leaving the match going).

Test 3: To test it again, I used the same combo of characters on Final Destination. It still froze after some time.

Test 4: I even tried Mario instead of Wario, and it also froze eventually (so I guess it's NOT Wario?).

So I'm thinking one of the other characters is causing the game to freeze. I'm currently going to Final Destination with 4 Vanilla PM Yoshi's to see if I can replicate the freezing that way.

Testing on both Dolphin emulator and hackless Wii. Same issues occur.

Edit: Maybe one more thing I should mention, the build is about 1.7 GB, 700 MBs of it is music files. Not sure if that's important info or not.

Update: Held the 4 Yoshi's for about 30 minutes, never froze. Trying different characters (Jigglypuff instead of Kirby and still on Halberd) and removed Wario's custom sound effects.

Update 2: So I'm thinking it has to do with Kirby now. The Puff match has never frozen (been going for almost an hour now). I also have a setup where it's Wario, Kirby, Marth and ICs (still on Halberd), but I'm having Kirby being controlled by a human player (aka Kirby's just sitting around getting killed not performing any moves).

Any idea what this might mean? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Top Bottom