• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM 3.6 MK Change Suggestions?!?

SoulOfSmash

Smash Journeyman
So by now I'm sure most of us MK players have adapted to the new play style brought in 3.5. However, I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds the character significantly more bland then when they first picked him up. Now don't get me wrong I think he is a fun character and certainly still has competitive viability. Despite that though the same 3.0 MK flare isn't there. So pretty much the main point of this is putting out suggestions in hopes that maybe PMDT could look at them and possibly consider something for the next PM update.

D-Throw:
Personally I have no major problems with this change but it would be nice if it knocked down opponents at low % like it did before forcing them to tech. I don't really care either way though since B-Throw is good at low % to setup tech chasing.

D-Air:
I actually really like the Brawl-inspired D-Air. It's pretty fast, has a wide hit box, and is great for tech chasing. It functions basically the same as it did in Brawl where it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that it was awesome in that game. However, it seems like it has a bit much end lag if not fast-falled/L-cancelled. Also I know everyone misses the Drill Dive D-Air from 3.0, if you don't your lying, but I got another idea for that I'll talk about later.

Up-B:
I don't know why, whether I'm bad at gliding or the mechanics changed or something but change it back to the way it was in 3.0 i miss flying under the stage. Was there really anything broken about that, it was super punishable and easy to hit him out of. Also it probably only bothers me but why can you kill yourself on the sides if you do a Shuttle Loop too close to the boundaries. Something else that may be cool would be getting rid of the glide completely and change the Up-B to a Smash 4 inspired one. Just make the 2 hits actually connect easier or make it one hit like Marth's.

Side-B:
Fix the ledge grab box back to the way it was. It's super hard if not impossible to sweet spot in anyway that doesn't leave you completely open for an easy punish. I don't know guess it's not that bad but pretty annoying if you miss the sweet spot by just being slightly under the lip.

3 vs 4 Jumps:
I don't know why they felt like taking out one of MK's jumps but it was one of the hardest things to adapt to, along with the new jump heights, for me and I still am getting used to it. I'd like to go back to 4 jumps but it's ok to me by now.

Down-B:
So the big thing with MK that was advertised when they announced him was being able to act out of the Down-B teleport. This was just plain awesome and made MK's play style very diverse and allowed for a lot of neat mix ups. However, this has been taken out and I just want to know why?! You could put it back to the way it was, in my opinion the opening between teleport and attack was pretty large considering certainly more then Mewtwo, and his hurt box sticks around longer then Mewtwo's does. Of course hitting you after you activated the Down-B can be pretty bad for you since it eats all your jumps, so not really unpunishable or without risk. If this is too crazy of an idea for some reason then at least change it so you can drift a bit more after you get out of the Down-B, just dropping straight down is pretty bad since you should gain momentum from the Down-B movement. (Same with the Neutral-B)
Ok now one last thing I think would be cool is something could be done with the Down-B and D-Air similar to Zero Suit Samus does. Normally you would have the Brawl D-Air, but what if you activated the Down-B then get the Drill Dive D-Air from 3.0. This would be great to add to MK's mix up game and give us back one of the coolest moves in the game, while keeping the balanced Brawl-style D-Air. One last thing that may be nice would be to cancel the Drill Dive D-Air with a jump. To do that you would have to activate the Down-B from the ground and go into the Drill Dive then cancel in time to recover but enough to gimp your opponents recovery, so not completely broken.

Well that's really the only big ones for me but let me know what ya'll think and any suggestions you can think of.

Slaudial

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0233-0174-7067
I actually found it really funny when I found out that they removed ANOTHER of Meatknight's jumps. Like, what, are they gonna take away ANOTHER jump in 4.0? But yeah, the drill dair was probably removed to tone down his recovery/landing options. I think he is more boring though. Drill combos looked pretty badass.

Thing is, you probably have to do a lot of things to keep a character like Meatknight balanced. He has a sword, fast ground speed, and multiple jumps. Enough said. I've actually thought it might be better if Meatknight didn't have multiple air jumps. That way he could keep the drill and his other stuff. But as it is
you have to be careful with a character that has such strong attributes. I think it's kind of limiting in a way. Like, having a dair like that is probably alright on a character that doesn't have multiple jumps. Oh also I'm pretty sure his "new" Dair is only half as good as the Brawl one lol. It's still good but yeah. The Brawl dair was pretty borked.

Also, something random. I remember some guy where I live saying that 3.5 Meatknight was SOOOOO BAD. Like, in his words, "All you had to do was nerf the tornado on Brawl Meatknight and he would be fine!"

Lol. I would really like to see Brawl Meatknight minus tornado in PM! That totally wouldn't be completely ****ing broken beyond belief! Brawl Dsmash, Dtilt, Nair (19 damage, high knockback, 3f startup, stays out for awhile, WTF?), Dair (ranged Fox shinespike), SHUTTLE LOOP, 5 jumps + floaty..........yeah.....tornado was the only issue I'm sure.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
I'd only suggest to fix the animations, some of them (especially f-tilt) make you think MK's range was more than it actually is. I wouldn't buff him that much, other characters also were nerfed.
I'd understand a slight buff for maybe one or two moves at best, but we shouldn't start the power creep all over again (true for most characters).

MLGF

Smash Lord
MK lost his get out of jail card, and I'm happy he did. I dropped him because he wasn't interesting and his recovery was braindead, but now I'm having a lot of fun. I think his recovery nerfs should stay.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
I think he should actually be interesting.

I'm gonna be a hipster and say I just want his dair to be a little stronger. It has so little knockback jeez.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Things MK needs:
  • A better tech roll
  • More interesting d-air hitboxes (at least one needs more knock back at a lower trajectory angle)
  • Revert f-tilt back to 3.0 stats
Things I'd like to have:
  • 1 more jump
  • Being able to act slightly faster out of d-throw
  • Ability to attack out of aerial down-B

MLGF

Smash Lord
You probably aren't getting any of those wants, lol.
Although, the needs are pretty reasonable. A sweetspot on dair especially sounds amazing.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
only real wishlist I have:
-better weight
-bring back a heavily nerfed version of 3.0 dair over his much more boring brawl dair
-keep the cute DC tricksies he has right now since they're only really spacing options at best currently

I'd say MK is perfectly balanced right now, but he's also super unexciting to play as compared to someone like kirby, which quite frankly isn't something that should ever be allowed to be true but there you go

Chef Besh

Smash Rookie
Acting out of down b is really something I want back, as well as maybe increasing the speed Dair can be thrown out.

CuteDogIRL

Smash Rookie
I only started playing MK in 3.5 and I really like the hitbox of his dair and I don´t want the old project m version of the dair back. Though I wish it´s angle was a bit more pointed upwards to allow for followups or have the angle pointed down so it can be used as a finisher or the move should be more powerful also to use it as a finisher.

I also want a bit more hitstun on the first two hits of his fair. It's impossible to get a guaranteed followup on an L-cancelled fair with only the first two hits (I think) while I feel like it should be possible.

Last edited:

ossman4148

Smash Rookie
I'm new to smashvoards but what if his up b was changed to sm4sh's I feel like itd help his vertical recovery which is lacking and it would be an awesome u air combo finisher like soul of smash said..

Last edited:

Faust the Lich

Smash Cadet
It already can finish enemies after a string off the top with his up-b. The sweetspot is pretty strict however. I've killed many floaties like zelda at like 66%. Its actually ridiculous.
I feel like hes a solid character. He has a lot of mobility and power. I feel like he needs:

1. A fair that isn't transcendent, meaning it can clank/break projectiles. Metaknight suffers against a lot of projectile users. Or thats just me being bad. But I think metaknight is just bad against them.

2. One more jump. His vertical recovery is lacking and I feel like 4 midair jumps is just enough. Maybe its 1 too much, but having 1 extra jump is way better than 1 too little. He doesn't need a ridiculous recovery: just something that lets him go in moderately deep.

3. A dair that breaks crouch cancel. I contemplating his dair, and I remember someone saying that a buffed/quicker dair would make him have an easy way to get down to the ground, and it would be free shield pressure. To balance this out, if his dair broke crouch cancel he would be top tier, because CC absolutely poops on metaknight

It would also be nice to see the glide part of his Up-b not be so lame.

And please keep DC Drifting.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
MK's recovery is S tier as it is.

I agree with:
I'd say MK is perfectly balanced right now, but he's also super unexciting to play as compared to someone like kirby, which quite frankly isn't something that should ever be allowed to be true but there you go
It's like, I can pick Mario and have an absolute blast playing him, he's got so many cool little things he can do. And then MK is just like... N-air, The Character. He's effective, but boring. I want some tricks! Which is why I kind of want the old D-air back (even if heavily nerfed, which it would probably have to be), just to have some fun stuff to be able to do.

Fun Stuff:
  • Keep DC Drift in the game
  • Old D-air
  • Aerial attack out of Down-B (aerial and grounded, or just grounded)
  • 3.0 F-tilt (so that you have OPTIONS when using it)
  • Less endlag on Side-B so that people will actually use it more, it's a cool move!

Last edited:

Dandizzle

Smash Journeyman
Would anyone agree with a weight buff because I don't think it would be uncalled for considering how light he is. It always bothered me that he was lighter than Kirby but their may be some explanation for that in the games or some ****. More weight wouldn't overbuff him or anything so it's probably the safest bet unless devs wanted to really put MK under the microscope.

Dandizzle

Smash Journeyman
Oh, and give him some move to beat projectiles besides dash attack, his lack of something that's pretty much guarenteed on the other characters can be pretty silly against some characters. For example, Dins Fire is one of these moves that can't be beat with an aerial or the like. I'd say put it on his forward air if at all.

Btw I would keep this on one post but for some reason it double posted so sorry.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
one thing I wanna heavily throw out there again is that MK is a really good character

like... man's got recovery of the gods. not even a flat-gone nerf from 3.0 changed that, he has nearly a dozen different options to work with (taking into account ledge or on-stage, all of his specials, and reverse shuttle loops), unless they have the character that can justify going deep enough to use up his jumps, they have to guess to punish him properly

but... again, he's not a character unique enough for me (and most people looking at MK, considering the sudden drop) to play reasonably. I don't get up in the morning thinking about all of his recovery options, you feel me?

I am absolutely, positively willing to take even more recovery nerfs for some actual spice in MK's life. do something like nerf reverse shuttle-loops since those are super-free on stages like SV, idc I just want something that makes people actually want to care about him

Last edited:

Faust the Lich

Smash Cadet
since I will assume 3.6 wont be as big as 3.5 because of the leap in version number (3.02->3.5, 3.5->3.6), I think his flaws in design should be fixed before they make him more hype. That might be dumb logic though.

Like, look at falco, mewtwo and marth. Their combo game is sick. And all MK does is u-air -> down-b/up-b. The finishing moves are cool, but bringing someone upwards and finishing a combo isn't exactly cool. Maybe nairing someone across platforms, hitting them with the side of u-air upwards onto the next platform, caping underneath them and starting a juggle to up-b off the top. stuff like that

Ariyo

Smash Apprentice
I just want to attack from a ground-to-air DC.

But, a dair that makes breaks CC would be nice. Would make it so anti-MK strategy isn't simply pushing your control stick down. Nerf his recovery further if need be.

Faust the Lich

Smash Cadet
I think if they made a player able to end a dimensional cape early without a slash we would see cool combos with dimensional cape drifting. Just a thought

choZo

Smash Rookie
Needs:
Better weight
Iasa buffs on ftilt 1/2
Tech roll buff
Retooled dair (keep new animation but fix hit hitboxes)
Wants:
Ability to act out of down b, but lose jumps
Increased air mobility
Longer wavedash
4 jumps again

ForgottenLabRat

Smash Journeyman
I think all his specials need to be changed. His Up is the only good one. The only reason to use the other specials would be used is when you are recovering, ohhh you have two ****ty options which will it be? I'm a little disappointed that a character has so much potential just to be shut down with unusable specials. I'd love it if he had a teleport as an up B and more interesting specials that don't all put him into special fall.. Yes I know this would unbalance him as a character, but I'm kind of hoping to get rid of the stupid 5 Upairs into UpB combo and flesh him out as more of a real character making people try new things. Maybe a projectile wouldn't hurt, or something technical.
Also give him at least 1 jump back please, he is supposed to be a Kirby character not fast faller Pit.

Last edited:

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
I think all his specials need to be changed. His Up is the only good one. The only reason to use the other specials would be used is when you are recovering, ohhh you have two ****ty options which will it be? I'm a little disappointed that a character has so much potential just to be shut down with unusable specials. I'd love it if he had a teleport as an up B and more interesting specials that don't all put him into special fall.. Yes I know this would unbalance him as a character, but I'm kind of hoping to get rid of the stupid 5 Upairs into UpB combo and flesh him out as more of a real character making people try new things. Maybe a projectile wouldn't hurt, or something technical.
Also give him at least 1 jump back please, he is supposed to be a Kirby character not fast faller Pit.
If they gave him an extra jump, he would just be really hard to kill because he will have an easy time to air camp. All of his specials are actually good for recovering though, especially tornado if you are quick with it. If you want something technical, look up: metaknight dimensional cape drift.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
So by now I'm sure most of us MK players have adapted to the new play style brought in 3.5. However, I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds the character significantly more bland then when they first picked him up. Now don't get me wrong I think he is a fun character and certainly still has competitive viability. Despite that though the same 3.0 MK flare isn't there. So pretty much the main point of this is putting out suggestions in hopes that maybe PMDT could look at them and possibly consider something for the next PM update.

D-Throw:
Personally I have no major problems with this change but it would be nice if it knocked down opponents at low % like it did before forcing them to tech. I don't really care either way though since B-Throw is good at low % to setup tech chasing.

D-Air:
I actually really like the Brawl-inspired D-Air. It's pretty fast, has a wide hit box, and is great for tech chasing. It functions basically the same as it did in Brawl where it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that it was awesome in that game. However, it seems like it has a bit much end lag if not fast-falled/L-cancelled. Also I know everyone misses the Drill Dive D-Air from 3.0, if you don't your lying, but I got another idea for that I'll talk about later.

Up-B:
I don't know why, whether I'm bad at gliding or the mechanics changed or something but change it back to the way it was in 3.0 i miss flying under the stage. Was there really anything broken about that, it was super punishable and easy to hit him out of. Also it probably only bothers me but why can you kill yourself on the sides if you do a Shuttle Loop too close to the boundaries. Something else that may be cool would be getting rid of the glide completely and change the Up-B to a Smash 4 inspired one. Just make the 2 hits actually connect easier or make it one hit like Marth's.

Side-B:
Fix the ledge grab box back to the way it was. It's super hard if not impossible to sweet spot in anyway that doesn't leave you completely open for an easy punish. I don't know guess it's not that bad but pretty annoying if you miss the sweet spot by just being slightly under the lip.

3 vs 4 Jumps:
I don't know why they felt like taking out one of MK's jumps but it was one of the hardest things to adapt to, along with the new jump heights, for me and I still am getting used to it. I'd like to go back to 4 jumps but it's ok to me by now.

Down-B:
So the big thing with MK that was advertised when they announced him was being able to act out of the Down-B teleport. This was just plain awesome and made MK's play style very diverse and allowed for a lot of neat mix ups. However, this has been taken out and I just want to know why?! You could put it back to the way it was, in my opinion the opening between teleport and attack was pretty large considering certainly more then Mewtwo, and his hurt box sticks around longer then Mewtwo's does. Of course hitting you after you activated the Down-B can be pretty bad for you since it eats all your jumps, so not really unpunishable or without risk. If this is too crazy of an idea for some reason then at least change it so you can drift a bit more after you get out of the Down-B, just dropping straight down is pretty bad since you should gain momentum from the Down-B movement. (Same with the Neutral-B)
Ok now one last thing I think would be cool is something could be done with the Down-B and D-Air similar to Zero Suit Samus does. Normally you would have the Brawl D-Air, but what if you activated the Down-B then get the Drill Dive D-Air from 3.0. This would be great to add to MK's mix up game and give us back one of the coolest moves in the game, while keeping the balanced Brawl-style D-Air. One last thing that may be nice would be to cancel the Drill Dive D-Air with a jump. To do that you would have to activate the Down-B from the ground and go into the Drill Dive then cancel in time to recover but enough to gimp your opponents recovery, so not completely broken.

Well that's really the only big ones for me but let me know what ya'll think and any suggestions you can think of.
Well, if you want to drift out of down b, you can use the DC drift by pressing the C stick up right after hearing the sound of his cape unraveling. For more info: http://smashboards.com/threads/dimensional-cape-drift.378879/

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Obligatory reminder that MK is still very good, because in the Melee/PM engine, speed is the number one neutral tool and also a huge punishment tool, and MK is fast horizontally and downward, with some upward mobility as well. At this point in PM MK doesn't really need much more than quality of life touch-ups, and maybe improved ability to handle projectiles. It's a shame it's been so hard for the devs to make his sword swings have standard priority.

MegaAmoonguss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaAmoonguss
3DS FC
2251-4929-9404
MK needs some sort of counter to crouch cancelling. Grabs are pretty good, but they can be hard to exclusively use in order to rack up percent on a character like Bowser. In 3.0 his dair was really good at going in on people and running away, as well as popping them up at a fairly nice percent and just countering CCs in general. But now, any heavy character can CC any of MK's moves and punish him super hard. I don't really know how this issue would be fixed, but it's something that I really struggle playing against as MK. Especially now since you pretty much can't combo out of d-throw, and all it's good for is tech chasing...

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
Obligatory reminder that MK is still very good, because in the Melee/PM engine, speed is the number one neutral tool and also a huge punishment tool, and MK is fast horizontally and downward, with some upward mobility as well. At this point in PM MK doesn't really need much more than quality of life touch-ups, and maybe improved ability to handle projectiles. It's a shame it's been so hard for the devs to make his sword swings have standard priority.
Wait, why is it hard to change mk's sword swings to regular priority?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
MK needs some sort of counter to crouch cancelling. Grabs are pretty good, but they can be hard to exclusively use in order to rack up percent on a character like Bowser. In 3.0 his dair was really good at going in on people and running away, as well as popping them up at a fairly nice percent and just countering CCs in general. But now, any heavy character can CC any of MK's moves and punish him super hard. I don't really know how this issue would be fixed, but it's something that I really struggle playing against as MK. Especially now since you pretty much can't combo out of d-throw, and all it's good for is tech chasing...
Grabs and good spacing are all you really need. It works for Marth very well. Having multiple jumps also lets you poke grounded opponents easily while stay out of reach of their quickest CC options.
Wait, why is it hard to change mk's sword swings to regular priority?
Any time PMDT a has tried to do so, it gives all his attacks the ability to be clanked with aerials, and his aerials would clank with anything at all except transcendent stuff

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I'm not exactly sure why so many people are asking for him to not have transcendent priority on his sword moves. It simply means that one of his signature quirks is that he almost never clanks, only trades or beats. It's like how Ike gets decreased hitlag on his moves or how Lucario gets to cancel his moves on hit. It's an individual thing that makes him unique, not broken.
It's also realistic, because who would want to punch a swinging sword just to 'clank' with it. :smash:

Having a weakness against projectiles is fine. Lots of characters have weaknesses against projectiles. MK has speed, multiple jumps, and even a teleport to punish projectiles. If you really want to clank with something, you can always use dash attack or his specials. I would imagine he could drill rush or 'nado through stuff to catch people off-guard. It does suck that MK no longer has his divestab, but he still has tools to work around projectiles.

Personally, I just feel that MK simply needs one more jump and something between his old teleport and his current one.

Last edited:

Faust the Lich

Smash Cadet
Meta knight is still really good, as mentioned before, and is actually still extremely viable despite his weaknesses. I think people need to realize that, even though he does deserve buffs to help him deal with things, he has enough strengths that only more pertinent things should be added in, and maybe he even deserves a few very minor nerfs (although probably not). All of his specials are great for recovering and finishing combos and they barely need change: up-b is fine for horizontal recovery, side-b is good for catching people not ready to properly edgeguard you (ie if they jump off and try to intercept you), neutral b is a great mixup for recovery for maps which good platforms (I find it great on skyworld). Only thing I would propse would be to give his down b a bit more horizontal height, or even secretly add in an advanced technique where, if he up-b's onto a platform, he has a few certain frames to be able to drop through it.

Heres my stance on a few things:
3 vs 4 jumps: personally I dont mind 3, but 4 would be nice. I think that if hes not given a good option to projectiles, 4 jumps is a must.

Old dair: cool idea, cool move, but really frustrating and cancerous. Keep it out

New dair: I proposed this before, and I think dair should break crouch cancel. It should have less landing lag aswell. Better hitboxes would be nice

Nair: With all the buffs to MK, I think if there was 1 thing to be nerfed to keep him balanced, it should be his nair. A RAR bair does what a nair does but better, and the nair is just so strong. I slight tone down would be enough, but once again, is not necessary

Grabs: make d-throw lead into combos or end earlier so he can CG

Fair: would be nice to see this clank with projectiles, but as mentionned, its fine to have certain chars weak to projectiles and the PMDT has had trouble making it so.

Recovery: is fine

Weight: I dont mind. He has such a good recovery that he can deal with it, but a bit heavier would be nice.

Techroll: needs to be faster and/or further

If you doubt meta knight and thinks he needs buffs badly, watch the VODs of chapas at BAM7, or whatever recent aussie tournament had PM. Put on a show against top American players in the spacie matchup. He made me believe in MK's strength

also: If I remember correctly, the first few hits of up-smash make lucario bend down (flinch) just enough to duck the rest of the u-smash hitboxes. Makes me so mad

EDIT: F-tilt needs to be noted. Its not safe on shield, which is should kinda be. Would like to see less ending lag, but once again, is not necessary.

Jab needs to send at a slightly higher angle. It can be a cool combo extender, but its just a combo finisher with that angle.

down-b slash is also very powerful when instacasted, and it might need a nerf. Insanely potent combo finisher

When you up b onto a platform and edge cancel it, you call backwards again. In that backwards fall, you cant use aerials. I would like to see this changed as it would open up all manner of beautiful jank

Last edited:

Faust the Lich

Smash Cadet
usmash seems to just not connect sometimes i wish they would fix that
They can smash DI out, which is why. Also, the first two hits can send opponents out of the blender and avoid the strong third hit at higher percents and on platforms. Its fine though, as if you get someone close enough to you when you u-smash its a guaranteed setup, and instead of usmashing for Anti-air, you can DD-DACUS and bait out an aerial. Try subbing in u-tilt; its actually an amazing move when theyre comming down on you. The hitbox lasts quite a while actually. Its not something you should just throw out anyways.

Sadface

Smash Apprentice
Up smash also loses to CC. GW can CC it at 999% lol. An mk player beating pb&j and taking 1 game off of mango is not enough for me to think MK is particularly good. I think they just didn't know the MK mu and also Chappos is a great player.

Down b doesnt need a nerf he can barely combo into it reliably. U throw is the best option for ff in it and even that only works at certain % ranges, and on some chars that % range will not lead to a kill except on like yoshis or if they're near a blast zone. And they can DI to make the side b really hard to land from behind. MK already has slightly sub-par killing power compared to a lot of characters. His bair is the only safe move he has that KO's reasonably well. Nair is ok at killing and d smash is better at gimping than killing and it kind of relies on bad DI. U smash only really kills floaties above 110%.
I think down b is fine and mk could use a bit of KBG increase on a few moves. Also MK's damage output isn't that great compared to a good number of other characters. Might not need a buff in that area but it is something I notice a lot.

I don't think MK needs a lot to make him a lot better, but for now I don't see MK winning anything substantial in 3.5

EclipseKirby, Chexr, and Kappy are decent MK's I've watched and they do well but still not as well as other characters have been. I'm glad to see Chappos doing well I could learn from him, but even with all of these good mk players, I think MK is lacking.

Sorry If I'm being negative but I used to think MK was a really good character in 3.5 but as I discovered more good things with mk, I also found more holes.

Also I agree u tilt is an amazing move as an anti air, much better than up smash.

Faust the Lich

Smash Cadet
He also beat S2J's falco, which is ok. I want to disagree with you and say that he has good combos and is a good character, but I generally only play vs anthers ladder scrubs, so I think Im probably just noobsmashing. If hes not good in singles, I strongly believe hes a great teams character. Has powerful moves he can just throw out, is quick and can play as a support or carry, can edgeguard fairly well and can aid his teammates recoveries very well.

ForgottenLabRat

Smash Journeyman
If they gave him an extra jump, he would just be really hard to kill because he will have an easy time to air camp. All of his specials are actually good for recovering though, especially tornado if you are quick with it. If you want something technical, look up: metaknight dimensional cape drift.
I know about/ how to use Dimension drift which is a cool trick but its more of a gimmick than anything else. Besides it is gonna be patched in 3.6 sadly anyways.
Take 3.02 Metaknight for example, he was nowhere near the top of the tier list and he had one more jump compared to 3.5 MK. And I didn't see anyone having a hard time killing him because he is the second lightest character in the game. Sure he is a decently fast faller. but any horizontal kill moves can take him out at low percents.

Sadface

Smash Apprentice
Yeah MK is a lot better in teams, having lots of quick moves is nice but mk has a hard time killing floaty/heavy characters and needs a teammate with good KBG on their safer and faster moves.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
I know about/ how to use Dimension drift which is a cool trick but its more of a gimmick than anything else. Besides it is gonna be patched in 3.6 sadly anyways.
Take 3.02 Metaknight for example, he was nowhere near the top of the tier list and he had one more jump compared to 3.5 MK. And I didn't see anyone having a hard time killing him because he is the second lightest character in the game. Sure he is a decently fast faller. but any horizontal kill moves can take him out at low percents.
One thing that I forgot to mention is that the extra jump means that he can up air > up b and kill off the top really easily no matter the opponent's DI. Also, how do you know for sure that the drift is getting patched? The drift is like samus's super wavedash from melee, so it would make more sense if they kept it. I also heard from one of the mk players that they wouldn't change it unless they changed his down b and accidently removed the glitch. But I think that the main buff mk should get is to make his dair a little bit more rewarding while still maintaing the lag he currently gets.

ForgottenLabRat

Smash Journeyman
It means that he can get one more Upair before killing, but I don't see how he could follow their DI with another jump. I heard many people talking on the Drift Forum that it was going to be patched in the next update. I think that the PMDev team didn't intentionally have it in PM. My guess is that they wanted to have all the tech be implemented by them to make balancing a tiny bit easier.
I think they should change his play style from a mega nerfed Brawl MK to something new and fresh, but thats just my opinion.

Top Bottom