• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM 3.6 Beta | Falco Changes

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone noticed that Falco's floor blaster (d-throw) animation seems a little longer in 3.6?

If anyone notices any other changes, feel free to post here.

EDIT: I found in the misc section of the changelist that "throw release points have been updated to match Melee, fixing a bug where characters rotated drastically when being thrown". Is this why Falco's d-throw animation seems longer? I tried it on Ivysaur and Falcon and it felt the same (longer animations for both).

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Most throws are weight dependent, but you could test the same characters in 3.5 as you did in 3.6 with frame advance and see if there is any difference.
Possibly the release point is higher and it just takes people a bit longer to hit the ground.

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
It might be possible that the release points are just higher.

By the way, I can never ledge cancel with Falco's Side-B when going from one edge of a platform to the other on Battlefield. I've seen it done numerous times in the Melee version. Either Falco's Side-B in PM is a little longer, or the platforms are a little shorter.

Last edited:

Jacuzzi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jaccuzi
3DS FC
0748-3832-8660
It might be possible that the release points are just higher.

By the way, I can never ledge cancel with Falco's Side-B when going from one edge of a platform to the other on Battlfield. I've seen it done numerous times in the Melee version. Either Falco's Side-B in PM is a little longer, or the platforms are a little shorter.
I've platform canceled his side B multiple times in 3.5. It should be the same in 3.6, since the only change to his side B was a bug fix, I believe.

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
I can't do it no matter how many times I try. It's easy on Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2, but it's really difficult for me to get it right on Battlefield.

Jacuzzi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jaccuzi
3DS FC
0748-3832-8660
I can't do it no matter how many times I try. It's easy on Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2, but it's really difficult for me to get it right on Battlefield.
I'm legit doing it right now, lol. You can do it standing in the middle of either platform, and pixels away from the teetering animation on the inward side of the platform.

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
@Narpas_sword I didn't see anyone make a thread on this, but just want to make sure - On Peach's Castle HD, I go right through the moving platform instead of grabbing the ledge when I use Side-B or Up-B horizontally towards it. Is that how it's made, or is that considered a bug?

Last edited:

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
I'm legit doing it right now, lol. You can do it standing in the middle of either platform, and pixels away from the teetering animation on the inward side of the platform.
I gave up trying to do it just now.

Standing on the middle of the platform? Isn't Falco's Side-B too short to reach the end of the platform is he's standing in the middle of the other one?

Last edited:

Jacuzzi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jaccuzi
3DS FC
0748-3832-8660
I gave up trying to do it just now.

Standing on the middle of the platform? Isn't Falco's Side-B too short to reach the end of the platform is he's standing in the middle of the other one?
No, not at all. He goes pretty much to the middle of the opposite platform.
EDIT: Wait, are you trying to go to he outward end of the platform to drop down? Or just cancel the lag from it?

Last edited:

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
No, not at all. He goes pretty much to the middle of the opposite platform.
EDIT: Wait, are you trying to go to he outward end of the platform to drop down? Or just cancel the lag from it?
I'm trying to go to the outer end of the other platform. So let's say I'm on the right platform of Battlefield. I do a running-off-the-platform into an immediate Side-B on the other. Instead of being able to ledge cancel like on PS2, Falco just ends up in his falling animation.

The thing is that I've seen Westballz do it plenty of times on Battlefield in Melee. So what I want to know is if the platform distances are closer or shorter than the Melee counterpart.

Jacuzzi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jaccuzi
3DS FC
0748-3832-8660
I'm trying to go to the outer end of the other platform. So let's say I'm on the right platform of Battlefield. I do a running-off-the-platform into an immediate Side-B on the other. Instead of being able to ledge cancel like on PS2, Falco just ends up in his falling animation.

The thing is that I've seen Westballz do it plenty of times on Battlefield in Melee. So what I want to know is if the platform distances are closer or shorter than the Melee counterpart.
Ohhhh, okay. My bad, I got your question confused with simply platform canceling Side B. I've ledge canceled Falco's Side B on BF before, but not by running off then immediate Side B. I don't really consciously do it, so I couldn't tell you where to stand at. But, I have indeed done it before, so it is possible!

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
it does feel like falco's side b doesn't ledge cancel at the same places as in melee.
it still ledge cancels on ps2 perfectly if you run off the platform, just on battlefield i cant get it to work
Yeah, I can't ledge cancel unless I do a jump-airborne Side-B from below the platform towards the other ledge.

So it's either one of two things:

1. The platform lengths on PM Battlefield are shorter
2. The distances between the two platforms are shorter

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
Falco feels so much better in 3.6. I think he's in a good spot now.

Jacuzzi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jaccuzi
3DS FC
0748-3832-8660
Falco feels so much better in 3.6. I think he's in a good spot now.
I agree with you on this, even though they made like no changes to him other that fixing his side B bug.
I guess they made the overall feel of the game more fluid? Cause I noticed Falco feeling a bit smoother when I first tried 3.6.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
I guess physics polishes are just going to continually happen with each new iteration. Kind of refreshing tbh.

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
He doesn't feel any different to me. If anything, his wavedashing feels a bit different. I'm used to surf wavedashing, and it just feels different from 3.5. I have to get used to it again. It was much easier to surf wavedash in 3.5, but I feel that I have to time it more precisely now to surf wavedash perfectly in 3.6.

Jacuzzi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jaccuzi
3DS FC
0748-3832-8660
He doesn't feel any different to me. If anything, his wavedashing feels a bit different. I'm used to surf wavedashing, and it just feels different from 3.5. I have to get used to it again. It was much easier to surf wavedash in 3.5, but I feel that I have to time it more precisely now to surf wavedash perfectly in 3.6.
What is surf-wavedashing? This is the first time I've heard of this.

Top Bottom