• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plucking pikmins while running

Blobulle

Smash Rookie
Hey there,

While watching Shuton playing Olimar, I noticed he was able to pluck pikmins while running. Here's an example at 0:36 :

https://youtu.be/8IbmeFlXk_I?t=35s (I once saw him doing it twice in a row, but I can't find the video anymore)

He briefly stops (but it's barely noticeable) when doing it, but when I try with dash => B => dash, I get either a much longer stop, or a pikmin toss.

How can this be done?

Last edited:

A Scrub

BonghornLeghorn
NNID
BonghornLeghorn
It looks like it might be done at the end of an extended dash. You wouldn't slide and you can act immediately.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Neutral B is coded to where the Pikmin is generated on frame 1, and the first active frame of the move is 9. That means the move essentially has no lag. You're likely just timing your inputs incorrectly. Since you can cancel the pluck with any other actions he's just starting a new dash after he plucks.

Blobulle

Smash Rookie
It looks like it might be done at the end of an extended dash. You wouldn't slide and you can act immediately.
Neutral B is coded to where the Pikmin is generated on frame 1, and the first active frame of the move is 9. That means the move essentially has no lag. You're likely just timing your inputs incorrectly. Since you can cancel the pluck with any other actions he's just starting a new dash after he plucks.
Ok thanks, I'll keep practicing then :)

Top Bottom