• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(PLEASE!) Why Are My Full Hops Shorter Sometimes?

UltraInstinctNeo

Smash Rookie
I feel like I'm losing my mind... With Dr. Mario, sometimes when I go for a Full Hop Aerial it just gets snuffed by a platform. It's so weird.

This shouldn't make sense because Dr. Mario DOES NOT have a no-impact-land-height-jump!!! Someone please help, I'm so confused. The only thing I can think of is maybe Up-Air has physics properties, so maybe when I do it fast enough it changes the logistics of my jump. But that feels wrong...

Please someone smarter help!

Edit: Just to be clear about what's going on... 99% of my full hops are gravy. No nonsense, business as usual. But for some reason 1 out of 100, or whatever, LITERALLY jumps less high. And I want to know why because it literally looks all "no impact land-y". If it's something I can take advantage of, I'd like to know how. But yeah, like, I jump the perfect height for my Up-Air to immediately get snuffed because I landed, it's really weird.

It's not a short hop by the way, I know I'm bad but like I've been playing for a while just to be clear! It's like some Smash 64 variable-jump-height kinda **** and it's messing with me frfr.

OH ALSO!!! (This is important, I think) It only seems to happen out of intense dash dances. That might not really matter, just something I feel like I've noticed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom