• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

please someone explain ike vs sheik

A Scrub

BonghornLeghorn
NNID
BonghornLeghorn
Ike vs Shiek - Basics:

Your best friend it this matchup is going to be tilts, max spaced aerials, and grabs.

Shiek is light, Ike is a powerhouse. 3x up-throw to fair is usually enough to get Shiek to kill percent. A well place fair over 110 or utilt around 90-100 can kill with rage little rage.

Throw out 1 and 1-2 jabs, but never the 3rd unless the first or second connects. Make sure to mix up your 1 and 1-2 jab. You can convert it into a d-tilt or rush in for a grab depending on their reaction.

If you approach with fair and hit shield, but space it well, throw out a jab to prevent being grabbed. If they attack you, you'll trade and be able to reset neutral.

Bouncing fish can be countered, especially if they're aggressive and going offstage with it. If they are rushing you down, pivot tilt is a good get off me move.

_---
Some of the bigger stuff to remember is this: Ike is hard to kill, and Shiek has a hard time killing to begin with. Learn her setups. I don't believe she has anything more than 50/50s at kill percents

Make sure you DI well. And when you're at 180+, which is common in this matchup against Shiek, do not let her kill you. You can easily close a stock out under 90 with max rage Ike. A good read with an u-tilt, f-air, or u-air with close it out easily.

This goes for Ike in general, but especially against Shiek: Do not burn your double jump until you have to. You will pay with a stock

Last edited:

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
is it that bad?
Rango vs. Vinnie (Tipped Off)
Rango vs. Vinnie (MomoCon)
Rango vs. VoiD (MomoCon)
Ryo vs. Kameme (Frame Perfect Series)

Match is a nasty, 70-30. No Ike has ever had success against a Sheik in bracket when it comes to top-level play.

If you HAVE to fight a Sheik and you go Ike, I'll give you the tools I can.

-Stay grounded. Don't challenge in the air unless you retreat with Bair.
-Tilts. DTilts.
-Jabs. Keep her off of you.
-Be wary of recovery. Don't throw out Aether unelss you want a Grenade to bomb you.
-Uair may actually be a good kill move considering how much time Sheik spends in the air.
-Above all else, standard Ike fundamentals, keep her cornered. Value positioning over simple combo damage. Mixup edgeguard attempts on the stage to finish her off. Don't go offstage with Sheik. Use your nairs, retreat auto cancel Bairs, DTilts, and grab mixups when she's on the edge.

Best of luck. I do strongly recommend picking a secondary for this matchup. Someone like Mario, who also gets a lot off of grab combos, is recommended. You can also use Marth, who is a proficient disjointed character.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Rango vs. Vinnie (Tipped Off)
Rango vs. Vinnie (MomoCon)
Rango vs. VoiD (MomoCon)
Ryo vs. Kameme (Frame Perfect Series)

Match is a nasty, 70-30. No Ike has ever had success against a Sheik in bracket when it comes to top-level play.

If you HAVE to fight a Sheik and you go Ike, I'll give you the tools I can.

-Stay grounded. Don't challenge in the air unless you retreat with Bair.
-Tilts. DTilts.
-Jabs. Keep her off of you.
-Be wary of recovery. Don't throw out Aether unelss you want a Grenade to bomb you.
-Uair may actually be a good kill move considering how much time Sheik spends in the air.
-Above all else, standard Ike fundamentals, keep her cornered. Value positioning over simple combo damage. Mixup edgeguard attempts on the stage to finish her off. Don't go offstage with Sheik. Use your nairs, retreat auto cancel Bairs, DTilts, and grab mixups when she's on the edge.

Best of luck. I do strongly recommend picking a secondary for this matchup. Someone like Mario, who also gets a lot off of grab combos, is recommended. You can also use Marth, who is a proficient disjointed character.
Unless you are MkLeo levels of good, I don't recommend :4marth: for this MU, sure he bodies Mr. R but he also happens to have a losing record against VoiD.
Anyway regarding :4myfriends: VS :4sheik:, everything A Scrub A Scrub applies perfectly, additionally when recovering, if the Sheik is grounded, recover as low as possible because if you try to recover high, you'll be eating Needles for days.

Top Bottom