• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Lock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticJon

Smash Cadet
well since general character discussion has been put to rest, i dont really know where to post this, so why not here?

anyway, the point of this thread is to get everyones opinion of the final 35 characters in SSBB.

did your favorite veteran/newcomer make it in?
are you happy/disappointed with the final roster?
could it have been better or is pretty much what you expected?

my 2 cents, im happy with what we have (Wolf is a big +), but it seems as though Sakurai didnt really listen to what we fans wanted. of all the characters that were being asked for, what did we actually get? seriously,

no Dark Samus
no Ridley
no Mewtwo
no Roy
no Krystal
no Bowser jr/Shadow Mario
no Megaman
no Black Shadow
no K. Rool
no Geno

-there have only been 3 Mother games ever, one of which was Japan only, but it gets 2 reps in likely clones Lucas and Ness, while Metroid and F-Zero get just one each? wouldnt Dark Samus have been a perfect fit for those players who didnt want to deal with Samus' forced FS transformation to ZSS? and Dark Samus likely wont appear in any future Metroid games, so her/its popularity can only go down. SSBB was the last chance for her/it to make an appearance.
-Ridley was #4 on Sakurais poll and hes made into a boss?! wheres the logic in that?
-once Lucario was confirmed, many were hoping to be able to pit him against Mewtwo, but alas, it will never happen. i know how popular Jigglypuff is in Japan, but Mewtwo (along with Pikachu) is an American icon to those who have played the Pokemon series since Red/Blue. hes the first real legendary and deserved to return.
-again, Wolf was a huge addition for me, but instead of leaving Falco out (hes just a clone anyway) and replacing him with Krystal (who could have a sweet staff-based moveset) Sakurai decided three clones would be a good idea.
-Bowser jr should have made it in to start with, but giving him a Shadow Mario transformation as his Down B move (like Zelda/Sheik) would have made him even more unique and exciting to play.
-Megaman... i thought Sakurai stated that he wanted at least three 3rd party characters? many people wanted Megaman, so what happened?
-Black Shadow and K. Rool would have served as the villain reps for their respective franchises, but instead, we get only 'good guys'.

would this roster not have been much better?

again, im not unhappy with the final 35 characters, but it obviously could have been so much better. oh well, see you all on the 9th.

please post your opinions, thanks.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why is this in R.O.B's section...?

Defiance

Smash Apprentice
Well instead of complaining about what we don't have and asking questions that can never be answered, why not be constructive and talk about actual game content. There are many other threads for this sort of thing already. Maybe you should send some personal e-mails to sakurai.
Besides, a lot of what you have to say is littered with speculation and heresay. Do some research on characters before making such brash comments. 3 fox clones?

Still, i do agree with many of the things you have said...

Zevox

Smash Lord
Shouldn't this go in the "General Brawl Discussion" area? It sure as hell isn't R.O.B. specific...

Zevox

smashbot226

Smash Master
I'm PRETTY sure that in technicality, Zero Suit is ALSO a Metroid rep.

That leaves only Captain Falcon alone... at least with another POSSIBLE fellow character.

R.O.B, Olimar, IC, and Game n Watch are just fine as standalones...

What it is for them to NOT be in:
Dark Samus= Good
Ridley= Cough*toobig*Cough.
Mewtwo= :( Lucario seems a bit much like Mewtwo...
Roy= YAYAYAY!!! But... we need ONE more...
Krystal= Extreme Sadness... Krystal > Falco.
Bowser Jr= Extreme Sadness... ONE slot would do for him...
Megaman= Sadness... but he was deconfirmed by his MAKER.
Black Shadow= I'd prefer Goroh, but he's my back up.
K. Rool= Uhhh... why not?
Geno= FRIGGIN' A! I'M GLAD HE'S FINALLY BEEN DECONFIRMED!!!

I don't care if I'm the ONLY person in the universe who hates Geno, HE WASN'T IN MELEE IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, ORE FORM... and if he isn't in Brawl, then he won't be a PC in the possible sequel...

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
well since general character discussion has been put to rest, i dont really know where to post this, so why not here?

anyway, the point of this thread is to get everyones opinion of the final 35 characters in SSBB.

did your favorite veteran/newcomer make it in?
are you happy/disappointed with the final roster?
could it have been better or is pretty much what you expected?

my 2 cents, im happy with what we have (Wolf is a big +), but it seems as though Sakurai didnt really listen to what we fans wanted. of all the characters that were being asked for, what did we actually get? seriously,

no Dark Samus
no Ridley
no Mewtwo
no Roy
no Krystal
no Bowser jr/Shadow Mario
no Megaman
no Black Shadow
no K. Rool
no Geno

-there have only been 3 Mother games ever, one of which was Japan only, but it gets 2 reps in likely clones Lucas and Ness, while Metroid and F-Zero get just one each? wouldnt Dark Samus have been a perfect fit for those players who didnt want to deal with Samus' forced FS transformation to ZSS? and Dark Samus likely wont appear in any future Metroid games, so her/its popularity can only go down. SSBB was the last chance for her/it to make an appearance.
-Ridley was #4 on Sakurais poll and hes made into a boss?! wheres the logic in that?
-once Lucario was confirmed, many were hoping to be able to pit him against Mewtwo, but alas, it will never happen. i know how popular Jigglypuff is in Japan, but Mewtwo (along with Pikachu) is an American icon to those who have played the Pokemon series since Red/Blue. hes the first real legendary and deserved to return.
-again, Wolf was a huge addition for me, but instead of leaving Falco out (hes just a clone anyway) and replacing him with Krystal (who could have a sweet staff-based moveset) Sakurai decided three clones would be a good idea.
-Bowser jr should have made it in to start with, but giving him a Shadow Mario transformation as his Down B move (like Zelda/Sheik) would have made him even more unique and exciting to play.
-Megaman... i thought Sakurai stated that he wanted at least three 3rd party characters? many people wanted Megaman, so what happened?
-Black Shadow and K. Rool would have served as the villain reps for their respective franchises, but instead, we get only 'good guys'.

again, im not unhappy with the final 35 characters, but it obviously could have been so much better. oh well, see you all on the 9th.

please post your opinions, thanks.
Replace Ashley with a more worthy Wario Ware Character(namely Mona) and replace Midna with Geno and it'd be perfect.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
[/SIZE]
Yes. In fact, I was just thinking that today. Except...Take out Ashley and add Falco. And...take out either K. Rool, Dark Samus, Claus/Ness/Lucas, or Midna and add another classic character or two.

Also, I agree...why is this in the R.O.B. section??

I'm PRETTY sure that in technicality, Zero Suit is ALSO a Metroid rep.
In that case, Overalls Wario counts as another Wario character. >_<

Zamus in now way counts.

Yaifrog

Smash Rookie
If anyone seriously wanted Batman... uh, I mean Black Shadow in Brawl then I take pity on you ;)

In all seriousness, the only grievances I have with the roster are:

1) The new pretty boy Lucario replaced the ever-iconic and overly-awesome Mewtwo. WHAT THE HELL?!?

2) MOTHER (mainly a Japan-only release with only three games) gets TWO reps, while Metroid (the ONLY franchise that's not popular in Japan, yet still has something like ten games) only gets one! Don't give me Zero Suit Samus arguments on this, because she's still the same character. In my opinion, if Lucas deserves a spot then so does Dark Samus (they both have to be clones anyway :ohwell: )
This is the most prominent example of Japanese favouritism...

3) Snake. He just doesn't fit in, plus he's not Nintendo. I know Sonic isn't Nintendo either, but he actually looks like he's supposed to be in the game, plus Sega and Nintendo are sort of married now :laugh: Snake is just too mature to deserve a spot...

4) Zero Suit Samus is basically a slap in the face to Metroid fans :mad:

Now, characters from that mock-up that I'm glad DIDN'T make it in:

1) Black Shadow. Too obscure and looks like Batman.

2) Claus. The LAST thing we need is ANOTHER MOTHER rep :dizzy:

3) Any other third-party characters. I'm not a big fan of them, except for Sonic who I can tolerate.

4) Micahaiahaia or whatever. Same reason as Claus. Fire Emblem is just too small and mainly Japan-only to warrant three reps.

And finally, characters who I'm glad got in.

1) ROB. Very unique and a gaming icon. Who else deserves a spot?

2) Wolf, just because StarFox is awesome :bee:

3) Did I mention ROB?

I won't go into who I think should've gotten in, because I know complaining about it won't reverse time (I know I'm complaining about other things, but they're minor and due to my opinions who who I think should have gotten in, and not my own personal wishlist.)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If anyone seriously wanted Batman... uh, I mean Black Shadow in Brawl then I take pity on you ;)

In all seriousness, the only grievances I have with the roster are:

1) The new pretty boy Lucario replaced the ever-iconic and overly-awesome Mewtwo. WHAT THE HELL?!?

2) MOTHER (mainly a Japan-only release with only three games) gets TWO reps, while Metroid (the ONLY franchise that's not popular in Japan, yet still has something like ten games) only gets one! Don't give me Zero Suit Samus arguments on this, because she's still the same character. In my opinion, if Lucas deserves a spot then so does Dark Samus (they both have to be clones anyway :ohwell: )
This is the most prominent example of Japanese favouritism...

3) Snake. He just doesn't fit in, plus he's not Nintendo. I know Sonic isn't Nintendo either, but he actually looks like he's supposed to be in the game, plus Sega and Nintendo are sort of married now :laugh: Snake is just too mature to deserve a spot...

4) Zero Suit Samus is basically a slap in the face to Metroid fans :mad:

Now, characters from that mock-up that I'm glad DIDN'T make it in:

1) Black Shadow. Too obscure and looks like Batman.

2) Claus. The LAST thing we need is ANOTHER MOTHER rep :dizzy:

3) Any other third-party characters. I'm not a big fan of them, except for Sonic who I can tolerate.

4) Micahaiahaia or whatever. Same reason as Claus. Fire Emblem is just too small and mainly Japan-only to warrant three reps.

And finally, characters who I'm glad got in.

1) ROB. Very unique and a gaming icon. Who else deserves a spot?

2) Wolf, just because StarFox is awesome :bee:

3) Did I mention ROB?

I won't go into who I think should've gotten in, because I know complaining about it won't reverse time (I know I'm complaining about other things, but they're minor and due to my opinions who who I think should have gotten in, and not my own personal wishlist.)
1) MOTHER kicks ***

2) Claus is an alt of Lucas...He's ****in' in!

smashbot226

Smash Master
Yes. In fact, I was just thinking that today. Except...Take out Ashley and add Falco. And...take out either K. Rool, Dark Samus, Claus/Ness/Lucas, or Midna and add another classic character or two.

Also, I agree...why is this in the R.O.B. section??

In that case, Overalls Wario counts as another Wario character. >_<

Zamus in now way counts.
Haha. YOU good sir have either misread my message...

Or I worded incorrectly. Overalls Wario and Ware Wario have THE SAME moveset.

I consider SEPARATE characters with DIFFERENT movesets separate characters.

Now, let's see: Zero Suit Vs. Samus.

Yes, I thought so. They may be the same person, but not the same fighter.

Now, before any of you get angry over this, and lay claim to Toon Link and Link...

They may be the same person, but they fight EXACTLY the same.

Not ZSS or Samus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom