• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
It's not even that serious Alex...it really isn't. We get it, like seriously we do. This is your thing. No one is trying to take that from you. But you have to understand, "back in your day" you weren't getting numbers like BUM is so you can't just waltz in and act like your this amazing tournament director. I'm not trying to disrespect you at all, if anything you started this. I would love to work with you, it makes everyones job easier. All I ask is that you cool your jets.
I just wanna clarify that I did get these numbers and more on Zenith's and weeklies for brawl its timing rather than promotion. I did promoting and got people from the nyc to do this. To say Brawl was brought on by anyone but the simple fact that it was a new game is insane.

And to be honest...I like to think im a pretty good organizer to warrant what I got in the last few days.

CasshernDGZ

Smash Journeyman
I just wanna clarify that I did get these numbers and more on Zenith's and weeklies for brawl its timing rather than promotion. I did promoting and got people from the nyc to do this. To say Brawl was brought on by anyone but the simple fact that it was a new game is insane.

And to be honest...I like to think im a pretty good organizer to warrant what I got in the last few days.
Nobody is denying that your good man....just don't take it overboard. This isn't even worth arguing for the last pages or 2, we might as well just drop it and focus...

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Nobody is denying that your good man....just don't take it overboard. This isn't even worth arguing for the last pages or 2, we might as well just drop it and focus...
focus on what?

btw best way to sovle this is meeting up early and playing and laughing...

that way we can just talk about ish..

but as i said i take it personal for reasons i stated.

Cia

das kwl
Don't w**** yourself to D1 and join his bubble tea crew THEN LOLOLOL

na jk

<3<3<3<3 RENOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
LMFAO!!!! yes, bubbletea is must.. ohm and i highly doubt i'll be entering anything either (MAYBE singles.. maybe) so if anything, i'm just going to hang out

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
There's so much BS in this weekly thread. lolz

Glad all the semi-drama is over though.

Point of this post: my status of me coming depends on whether teh bf goes or not. Whoosh.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
All you guys need to calm the hell down, take deep breaths, and just kick your ***** kicked in brawl by Peach since she is such a bad character and no one wants to play her and quit her as thier mains. Any takers? :)

And yes This is to change the subject.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Break It Up Lol Let Me Add My 2 Quarters In This

dude I want to help. Simple as that. Reason I get upset is because I do not like Ims and calls about stupid **** or mistakes that happen...this is all common sense and as i keep saying if you mess that up something is wrong.

Now I do get hot headed when people question me and I am sorry but I do not act like I am the best because I run tournaments I just happen to be good , if not better, than most people in the NYC area and have enough sense to do things correctly.

thats just my thing. The one thing you gotta understand is that the weeklies are not suppose to be this serious that its 50-60 people and it never should be. That should be sat events...these events...when I designed them , were to be a little get together that we can build our skill....it was my luck that thanks to KF and ppl like D1 and ish that a lot of ppl came. I'd understand if you were not around for that because simply...it was back in the day...hell to me thats silly cause back in the day is 2004...and this was only 1-2 years back at the most.

Point being is I stopped for a reason and I feel that I am in that place to do it again. I am not gonna just be a **** and tell bum step off...Bum is a stand up guy and while he isn't perfect he did his **** and just like Ace I'll show him the little things that separate a random person from a person who knows how to do things right and further the community. As for you Cass I ask that you do not disrespect me because I pulled my seniority card...simply put, I feel that because of my experience I can help out the most and if you do not believe that I'll just show you the aim convos of people asking me to help.

YOUR RIGHT ABOUT THAT CASS HOW ABOUT THIS EVERYONE NEEDS TO CHILL EXPECT ME AND ALSO I REMEMBER I CAME UP WITH HE WHOLE IDEA BEHIND WEEKLIES TO YOU ALEX BUT I JUST DIDNT HAVE THE PLACE TO DO SO AND YOU RAN WITH MY IDEA BUT DO I CRY NOPE SO PPL NEED OT CHILL OUT. I SWEAR PPL WANT THERE NOTHING AWARDS FOR THINGS LOL. JUST TAKE A PAT ON THE BACK AND CALL IT A DAY.

I KNOW I KNOW I AM A DRAMA KING SUE ME LOL.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
YOUR RIGHT ABOUT THAT CASS HOW ABOUT THIS EVERYONE NEEDS TO CHILL EXPECT ME AND ALSO I REMEMBER I CAME UP WITH HE WHOLE IDEA BEHIND WEEKLIES TO YOU ALEX BUT I JUST DIDNT HAVE THE PLACE TO DO SO AND YOU RAN WITH MY IDEA BUT DO I CRY NOPE SO PPL NEED OT CHILL OUT. I SWEAR PPL WANT THERE NOTHING AWARDS FOR THINGS LOL. JUST TAKE A PAT ON THE BACK AND CALL IT A DAY.

I KNOW I KNOW I AM A DRAMA KING SUE ME LOL.
You kinda made a deal out of it at one point as I recall.

But who cares? It's in the past. It was all worked out.

Point is, he ran them and ran them well. And he just loves running tournies, so let the issue lie, it's over.

Yeah I'm really bored at work, I sware.

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
Not trying to sell anyone's cookies, but if I were a betting man I would say that Eli is the MINIMUM second best player in New York. This dude is sick! I've played about 80+ people, and besides Bum and MAYBE(could be better than him) Azen I would say Eli is the best I've fought.

If comp here in NY is serious like that I am amped to come play, so lets go blackanese ,alukard, d1, ninja link, mop, shinigami, vanz, venomNY, wes, zro, HAB, etc!

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Not trying to sell anyone's cookies, but if I were a betting man I would say that Eli is the MINIMUM second best player in New York. This dude is sick! I've played about 80+ people, and besides Bum and MAYBE(could be better than him) Azen I would say Eli is the best I've fought.

If comp here in NY is serious like that I am amped to come play, so lets go blackanese ,alukard, d1, ninja link, mop, shinigami, vanz, venomNY, wes, zro, HAB, etc!
ur basing this solely off how you do against eli. let eli go to tournies n **** and then prove to everyone hes one of the best in brawl, not discrediting him at all but really...

and i take it most of who you've played has been over wifi? watever.....

i **** reno at melee...no offense <3 my asian buddy, so with that said according to him im the best player in ny...and hes played like evryone in ny at melee. But no doubt that Reno would tell me im top 3 at melee in NY lol, which is not tru at all:laugh:

LOL not bashing u at all though, everyone has a right to their own opinion. Even though fact is Reno's sheik is the best sheik by far in both melee and brawl.

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
Duh bruh, just MY opinion. I haven't even played some of the NY cats, but Eli is nasty fo sho.

I heard a lot about you as well. I'd like to play you.

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
ur basing this solely off how you do against eli. let eli go to tournies n **** and then prove to everyone hes one of the best in brawl, not discrediting him at all but really...

i **** reno at melee...no offense <3 my asian buddy, so with that said according to him im the best player in ny...and hes played like evryone in ny at melee. But no doubt that Reno would tell me im top 3 at melee in NY lol, which is not tru at all:laugh:

LOL not bashing u at all though, everyone has a right to their own opinion. Even though fact is Reno's sheik is the best sheik by far in both melee and brawl.
\

Yo HBK, i think ur getting off top, wat i think he means is that eli is beast in brawl cuz it seem he plays him online, and ur talking about melee. Remember Melee and Brawl are 2 different games even tho they are part of the Smash bros. series....BRawl is way different. and also, really, there really hasn't been a NY-Sponsored tourney yet so we dont know who the best in brawl yet...but Reno's shiek is pretty good...no complaints tho

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN

\

Yo HBK, i think ur getting off topic, wat i think he means is that eli is beast in brawl cuz it seem he plays him online, and ur talking about melee. Remember Melee and Brawl are 2 different games even tho they are part of the Smash bros. series....BRawl is way different. and also, really, there really hasn't been a NY-Sponsored tourney yet so we dont know who the best in brawl yet...but Reno's shiek is pretty good...no complaints tho

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
Yes just played Reno his Sheik is nasty.

Hope everyone has fun at the weeklies today. It's dead now here, so that means people are gonna show up on time right :) ?

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Wes Vision Is Back

I Am Bringing Back Wes Vision Today Any Takers There Will Be Lots Of Fun Full Of Mm's And Freindlies Starting Wes Vs Any Contestants. So Who Is Down For This.

chun1

Smash Apprentice
great tourny

hey guys, awesome tourny. Alex, Jay, I was really impressed with how you guys ran the tournament. You guys worked really hard and made sure all the matches worked out. you could teach some of these smash directors in the midwest a few things. Seriously, great job.

had a lot of fun and it definitely made my trip to NYC worthwhile. only rough part was playing all those dam R.O.B's; he's too good. I'll definitely let the Chicago and Illinois smashers about your tournies and if i'm ever in town i'll make it out to one these again.

-chicago ray

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Alright good **** today

good games to the people i played D1,, Dial, Reno, and some kid(dunno your name)

hope to see you guys next week!

btw this is scarlet disaster <3

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
same.

get at the double doubles matches. vanz + tec0 is kinda ********

RESSSSSSSSSSST jab, DAYUMMM

Lmao, those matches were OD fun. I mean really, half the time tec was screaming "OHH ****, YOU'RE OFF THE EDGE, IMA PERFECT SPACE FAIR YOU, OR YOU JUST GOT BAIRED!!!" or some ish like that (I really don't remember lmao). Yoooo, and get at our team shenanagins. First time like teamin ever, that was sexy stuff.

and yeah, brawl was fun when I played, but I hate the fact that the character I love to play has camping as one of the aspects of his highest form. No me gusta camping, no esta divertido =/

But yeah, really, these weeklies are mad fun, and I definitely wanna keep coming.

EDIT: Ohh wow, I'm mad spacey lol

Shout-outs

Luck - Doubles was good stuff, just read above ^ lol

Vanz - Doubles was too fun, you an tec were definitely the loudest people in web2zone lmao

Tec0 - Never really talked to ya before, but it was way too fun/crazy playin w/ ya today

D1 - Yoshi??? Yoshi!!??!? 1) I didn't see that coming, 2) that is sexy stuff lol. Fun talking to you as usual, but I really have to play you. Playing you at the weekly is like my new mission lol.

Alex/Jay0/Bum - Good stuff seein ya guys on the way in lol, and definitely good stuff w/ the tourney. *thumbs up*

Leo - Falco dittos are mad orgasmic, we should do them more often, *definitely homo*

Hot Box - I will beat your bowser lol. I know what I must do *cough* bombs/arrows/bomberangs/bair spams *cough*

Aight, I'm sorry if I missed anyone that I talked to/played/didn't see at all but woulda said "what up" to if I did. Out

OHH, and WHERE THE HELL WAS TIER?

Top Bottom