• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playtonic announces publishing subset, Playtonic Friends

playtonic.jpg

Playtonic, the studio behind Yooka-Laylee and Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair have recently made an unexpected announcement: Their own publishing division titled Playtonic Friends. The company hopes to bring fresh and compelling games to the table by helping them with advertising. Playtonic has included a FAQ on their website about the recent development.

The first partners have already been announced for this endeavor include Awe Interactive, Fabraz, and okidokico. Awe Interactive is known for their 2020 Steam debut, BPM: Bullets Per Minute, with both rhythm game and action elements. Fabraz debuted in 2018 with their first game Slime-san, available on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam. okidokico are the creators of the OK Golf series on iOS and Android.

Author's Note: I still haven't got around to Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, but it's nice to see the team behind Yooka-Laylee publishing other people's games. I hope this endeavor goes well for all involved. Your thoughts?

Credits:
Editing & Writing: Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa
Graphics: @Zerp
Social: @Zerp

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

D
Hoping that Playtonic Games keeps going forward with future projects and such.

I was one of the few people who liked the first Yooka Laylee, and Impossible Lair turned out to be a really enjoyable game too.

Top Bottom