• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playtime's over, Mini Kangaroo Hops on into Smash!

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
image.jpg

This thing is a kangaroo. However, unlike other kangaroos, it was the mascot of the Nintendo Mini Game Series line of toys from the 1970's.

http://blog.beforemario.com/2011/09/nintendo-mini-game-series-introduction.html?m=1

http://challengerapproaching.tumblr...-screencapped-the-4chan-post-sent-in-to-us-by

Now then, how would she fight? Well, she could use the pouch of her's to take out various toys Nintendo had produced at the time.

Less Cringey Supporter Name List

WonderSmash
8-peacock-8
TheSeanMan
Handy Man
legendofrob1
Leafeon523
Azure Warrior
lolazerz
smashkirby
Magikarpow
ZestyN
POKEMONSPIKA
TheJukeBox

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
The reason people aren't discussing this is the leak he is featured in is likely false. Although I would love to see her in Smash just for the reaction people would have when she is revealed if she is, which means that I support.

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
The reason people aren't discussing this is the leak he is featured in is likely false. Although I would love to see her in Smash just for the reaction people would have when she is revealed if she is.
Most threads on here are hypothetical anyway. And many of the reactions to her would stuff be "What game is he from?"

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I don't understand how would you design that logo into a Smash Bros. character. It makes something like Mr. Game & Watch a cakewalk. Is the Sakurai team so desesperate for a challenge? Not likely.
I'm calling this leak fake like many others, no matter how many Ridleys and K. Rools you put in there.

Also, Slippy over Krystal? This aint Project M.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
The fact that an Ultra Hand could be her grab should be enough to support her. :p
Totally agree, 100% support :p

I don't understand how would you design that logo into a Smash Bros. character. It makes something like Mr. Game & Watch a cakewalk. Is the Sakurai team so desesperate for a challenge? Not likely.
Dude, he just come with the idea of using classic nintendo toys, this is not even a match for sakurai's team :laugh:
Also "kangooros", moveset comes naturally from his body: tail attacks, boxing, JUMPS... easy to guess.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Dude, he just come with the idea of using classic nintendo toys, this is not even a match for sakurai's team :laugh:
Also "kangooros", moveset comes naturally from his body: tail attacks, boxing, JUMPS... easy to guess.
While I'm certain Sakurai can pull of movesets from rocks if he wanted to. I think this would be just to show off.
And I dont think Sakurai would resort to kangaroo fighting style, that would be too cheap for him. Might aswell naming him Roger Jr. from Tekken too.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
While I'm certain Sakurai can pull of movesets from rocks if he wanted to. I think this would be just to show off.
And I dont think Sakurai would resort to kangaroo fighting style, that would be too cheap for him. Might aswell naming him Roger Jr. from Tekken too.
Well he gaved optic blast and kirby's jet to rob you know ;D

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Bandai-Namco has a fighting game franchise named Tekken.
Tekken has many different types of fighting characters.
One of which is a boxing Kangaroo.
Bandai-Namco is co-developing Super Smash Brothers for Nintendo 3DS & Wii U.
The game is currently lacking in the forgotten Nintendo heroes department.
Nintendo has a Kangaroo character that was the mascot of a series of toys from the late '70s.
A recent "leak" suggests she will be one of the playable characters in these iterations of Super Smash Brothers.

Sure, why not?

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
(Oh God if that leak was real and Daisy was playable (UNLESS she was an Alt costume only), I'd cancel my preorder. Thankfully it isn't!)

Anyways, regarding this Mini Kangaroo character, there's obscure, and then there's TOO obscure. Also, it essentially is basically just a kangaroo with a giant pouch that would be basically...a hopping reference for whatever Nintendo toys she uses. Game and Watch at least had a handheld system to have some sort of recognition. I would not want to see Mini Kangaroo. At all. Sorry.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
(Oh God if that leak was real and Daisy was playable (UNLESS she was an Alt costume only), I'd cancel my preorder. Thankfully it isn't!)

Anyways, regarding this Mini Kangaroo character, there's obscure, and then there's TOO obscure. Also, it essentially is basically just a kangaroo with a giant pouch that would be basically...a hopping reference for whatever Nintendo toys she uses. Game and Watch at least had a handheld system to have some sort of recognition. I would not want to see Mini Kangaroo. At all. Sorry.
"Too obscure" isn't a good argument. Especially for a series like Smash.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master

But how wouldn't you like Smash with BOTH K.Rool and Ridley?

Seeing how Namco has put a kangaroo into Tekken, it could work.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
But how wouldn't you like Smash with BOTH K.Rool and Ridley?

Seeing how Namco has put a kangaroo into Tekken, it could work.
(Don't care about Ridley. K Rool would be...cool)

I think one WTF character is good enough per Smash (WFT). This kangaroos should at least have some sort of re-introduction from Nintendo if she should be seen in Smash. Even using a google search pulls up maybe 1-2 pages of this character at best. A game of Nintendo All Stars deserves just that; I want to see some bigger names that are still out there (Mewtwo, K Rool, and even Ridley who I don't care about should be focused on first at this point)

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
If we got a Peach clone over any other Mario character (Geno?) I'd die.

And yeah I think Wii Fit Trainer filled the WTF character this time. I ain't buyin this. But other than that.. Ridley and K. Rool being included is cool..

Also I skimmed through ESRB's site, they mention this in the FAQ:

• Finally, given the manufacturing and print advertising deadlines to which publishers are subject (which may fall 60-90 days before a game ships), games are typically submitted to ESRB for rating before they have been finalized or fully tested.
ESRB might not have received the final version.

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
She'd probably need to go through a redesign. That pouch is rather large, but one of her victory poses could be stretching it out to resemble the logo or something.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
is.. this from the 70s? wouldn't the same thing that disconfirmed the hanafuda cards president (can't remember name) would also deconfirm this? (whatever this is)

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'm sorry, if we're going to get a kangaroo, I think it's going to be Ricky from the Zelda: Oracle games.

TheSeanMan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seanybobo2
3DS FC
2492-5096-7585
So...Much...Yes...I love oddball characters in smash (Proud creator of the Mr. AR thread over here) and I would LOVE anything obscure to get into smash! Something like this could represent a time BEFORE Nintendo made videogames. Add me to the list.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
is.. this from the 70s? wouldn't the same thing that disconfirmed the hanafuda cards president (can't remember name) would also deconfirm this? (whatever this is)
Maybe, wouldnt be the first time a sakurai's quote is misinterpreted but yes.

That would be a good stage though, for it's shoutout to Smash bros 64. (Could have the original 12 character plushies in the background too)
Better have some amiibos :B
Honestly, i cant stop thinking in how perfect as an idea this is xD

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sakurai said Color TV Game 15 is the oldest game represented in SSB4. This kangaroo is older than the Pong rip-off.

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
Something to one up Game and Watch in being the oldest thing around? Hell yeah! Imagine how confused people would be to see that thing fighting! XD
Hell, I consider myself a pretty solid Nintendo fan, and even I didn't know what the hell it was until 30 seconds ago!
If not Lip, than I hope Mini Kangaroo makes it in as a retro rep! Even though I think it's probably infinitely times as unlikely as Lip...

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I like it because I'm always a fan of non-humanoid characters in fighting games.

Sign me up, I guess

OrsonZedd

Smash Rookie
I'm PRETTY sure there's not a quota on strange characters, and quite frankly, Mini Kangaroo is the character I never knew I wanted. I'd always thought a Pre-Video Game Nintendo rep would be fun, but I'd always thought, "Well, maybe Mr. Hanafuda..." but this is so much better.

Nor do I think there SHOULD be a quota on strange characters. We've got an electric rat, a ninja frog who uses water shurikens, an emperor penguin. I mean, come on.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I'm okay with this. I came up with a rough special set of what toys she'd use. I imagine her kid pulling these out.
B: Ultra Machine (Her kid throws a baseball. Goes further and hits harder depending on how long you hold B)
B Up: Hopping Game (Spins and bounces up off of a spinning top-like object. The top drops down and can hit into an opponent.)
B Side: Ultra Hand (Long range grab, sort of like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat's "Get over here!", though with an extend-o-arm rather than a harpoon)
B Down: Challenge Dice (Two part thing where a cube is smashed onto the ground, then a pointy peg into the cube)
FS: Tenbillion (A puzzle appears. Kangaroo is spared, and based on placing, whoever solves it last gets the most damage via being rolled over by the giant barrel)

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Add me to the supporters list. Sakurai has been killing off retro character choices lately and Mini Kangaroo might just be the Ridley sized nail in the coffin for Smash 4. She just sounds like a very interesting addition and could potentially add something new to the roster as far as the gameplay and her toy move set.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
YesyesyesyesYES!

While I don't think anything of the leak in general, it's because of that leak I found out about this character. And it's the best "character I don't know or have attachment to but really like anyway" I can think of. I really want to see Mini Kangaroo make it in, it would be such a cool homage to Nintendo's pre-video game days, and her "series trophies" could all be based off of the various toys in the "Mini Game" toy line, which would be really cool.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'm thinking about drawing a redesign of Mini Kangaroo but in modern Mario style. Maybe I should use the 3d world art as a reference?

Top Bottom