• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PlayStation

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I'm really contemplating on letting my PS4 preorder go. There's not much that I want on PS4... Compared to what I want and am getting on Wii U and 3DS. Tough call :l

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, just because there's nothing coming out for it now, doesn't mean there won't be. You could always do what I'm planning on doing and wait until next fall.

finalark

SNORLAX
Its a mistake in general to buy a console at launch. Since nothing worth while is going to be out for a year or so buying a console at launch pretty much means that it becomes a brick for several months unless you want to buy low-quality software you're not really interested in just to have something to play on the damn thing.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Its a mistake in general to buy a console at launch. Since nothing worth while is going to be out for a year or so buying a console at launch pretty much means that it becomes a brick for several months unless you want to buy low-quality software you're not really interested in just to have something to play on the damn thing.
That last part is what bugs me about a lot of people. I know some people genuinely like the games, but there's are quite a lot of people that buy stuff that they normally wouldn't have *cough* EA and Ubisoft games *cough* and try to defend and justify their purchase of the console by saying it has an amazing library.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah...a plethora of sports and racings games with "almost all the same" FPS games, isn't really what I think of when I think "amazing library".

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
The 10 games I have on Wii U are the games I have a genuine interest in. But I wouldn't say it has an amazing library. There's not much to play on it anyways, so why not? The quality of the games I own on the console aren't low quality by any stretch.

Except, you could say Zombi U. I was most excited for that game when I first saw the concept but even then I was dubious on how it would turn out. I mean, they quickly switched it from Killer Alien Freaks to a zombie game within a year. And although I did enjoy it in the end, I will admit it isn't the most polished game and it certainly would fall in the "low" quality realm... But ironically not in a totally bad way.

Game has a great concept. But the execution of said concept was really rough around the edges.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So who's playing this on PS3? Just installed the game yesterday, but haven't done anything else. What server should I hang out on?

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
The PS4 has enough launch AAA's to keep one busy. BF4, COD, Knack, Minecraft, DC Universe Online, FIFA, etc. and online support that trounces everyone else.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'll be waiting for ff14 to be transferable from PS3, MGS5, and whenever KH3 comes out it. Probably 2-3 years from now.

Also, I don't play NBA 2K, but it looks sick on next gen compared to crappy NBA Live.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
What does everyone make of this promo? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPwP5BKEt94

It might be a new PS4 exclusive Street Fighter spin-off/sequel, it might be a promo for Ultra Street Fighter 4, but here's what I think.

I highly doubt Capcom would make a PS4 exclusive Street Fighter game. The series is too big to go to console exclusive. I reckon it could be a promo for an upcoming racing game that features any character Sony can get their hands on.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Could be a temporary exclusive. Capcom is also extremely low on cash (165 million), so Sony may have offered to bank roll something or another.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I'm hoping that the PS4 gets an exclusive fighting game to go head-to-head with KI on the XB1.

All my gaming friends here in NC are VERY excited about the upcoming launch of the PS4. Personally, I haven't been this excited about a new console since the PS2 was released here in the U.S. back in 2000.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Guilty Gear Xrd

Sure, it'll be on the PS3 as well, but it's still the best Fighting game the PS4 could start with.

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
When I finally get a job I am so getting this along with the Wii U. MGS5 is a must get. I'm also interested in FF15.

finalark

SNORLAX
All the cool kids are going with the PS4/Wii U combo this time around. The PS4 for third-party titles and the Wii U for Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 8. :grin:

Nintendo Console + Sony console has pretty much been to my go-to combo ever since the GC days, since both companies tend to have amazing exclusives.

I've decided that I need to go and get into SMT so I can fully appreciate SMT X Fire Emblem when it comes out. I've only ever played a little bit of Persona 3 and 4,sadly.

finalark

SNORLAX
I waited so long for this that I grew out of it. :urg:

Finally, someone who understands me.

Some perspective: I'm twenty at the time of posting this. Kingdom Hearts 1 came out eleven years ago, meaning that I was nine years old when it came out. KH2 came out in 2006, meaning that I was thirteen when it came out. Between KH2 and 3, I have finish middle school, high school and I'm half way through college. Frankly, I just have a hard time getting excited for KH3 now. Doesn't help that the mediocre handheld spin-offs really killed my enthusiasm for the franchise.

That being said, I'll probably end up picking up KH3 at some point anyway, if only for nostalgia's sake and to see what the series' grand finale is.

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
PS4 looks like an amazing console. Even without buying any games, with just the console I can get Blacklight Retribution, Contrast, DC Universe Online, Resogun, Sound Shapes, and Warframe.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Sony is reaching for worldwide video game domination with the PS4 and given the console's impressive specs and relatively low price I believe they're going to achieve their aims.

Xbox One sold 1 million units globally at launch which sounds pretty good until you realize that the PS4 sold that many units in the United States alone. I guess greatness awaits for next week when the PS4 ships in Europe and Australia.

Some say it's too early to name a victor of 8th gen video gaming but I say the PS4 is already the clear winner.

finalark

SNORLAX
I wonder if MS will drop out of the console race in the near future. I heard that their new CEO wants to discontinue the Xbox brand or will sell it off to somebody else if the Xbone under performers.

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
Sony is reaching for worldwide video game domination with the PS4 and given the console's impressive specs and relatively low price I believe they're going to achieve their aims.

Xbox One sold 1 million units globally at launch which sounds pretty good until you realize that the PS4 sold that many units in the United States alone. I guess greatness awaits for next week when the PS4 ships in Europe and Australia.

Some say it's too early to name a victor of 8th gen video gaming but I say the PS4 is already the clear winner.
Not to mention neither of them are for sale yet in Japan until February. Ask anyone on PS4 vs. Xbone releases in the states and they'll say the PS4 was the bigger night. Xbox has some good exclusives, but PS4 is giving the best product at the best price.

I wonder if MS will drop out of the console race in the near future. I heard that their new CEO wants to discontinue the Xbox brand or will sell it off to somebody else if the Xbone under performers.

Next generation is looking to be a streamline of windows products. Windows phone, OS, and Xbox all run on versions of Windows 8. I wouldn't be surprised if they shifted the focus from Xbox to more of an all-in-one TV/PC/Xbox/entertainment center. Sony might be a bit similar, but they don't have a computer OS and I don't think they have any real status in the phone market (could be wrong).

finalark

SNORLAX
Next generation is looking to be a streamline of windows products. Windows phone, OS, and Xbox all run on versions of Windows 8. I wouldn't be surprised if they shifted the focus from Xbox to more of an all-in-one TV/PC/Xbox/entertainment center. Sony might be a bit similar, but they don't have a computer OS and I don't think they have any real status in the phone market (could be wrong).

Sony is only really looking for true synergy between the Vita and PS4, something they've been working on since the PSP. At least Sony is focusing primarily on the games rather than trying to be an all in one media center, which seems to be working in their favor so far. After all, I buy consoles to play games, not to send emails.

Top Bottom