• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PlayStation

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
No word yet on what exactly the PS4 Slim will cost but it does look really nice.

I'm kinda surprised that Sony even made changes to the controller.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
More info on the PS4 Pro.

I don't feel compelled to trade up to the Pro but if I was a first time PS4 buyer I'd probably choose it over the base model. That's just me, though.

The honest truth is that I probably play my original Wii more than the PS4. There are several reasons for this including the fact that PS4 games always need to download some sort of patch before I can go on-line. That gets very annoying real quick!

Unless I get a Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros. clone or perhaps a new Armored Core game soon for my PlayStation 4, I'll probably keep using the original Wii as my primary gaming device. Games like Project M 3.6, CTGP Revolution and the Samurai Shodown Anthology ultimately make it much more compelling for me.

Sony has proven that it can create really good hardware but in my opinion the diversity of software for the PS4 is an issue. Hopefully future game releases for the PS4 in 2017 will rectify that situation.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm more interested in getting the PS4 Pro, but I would need to get myself a 4KHD TV before I do so.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I know this thread hasn't been updated since last September, but I really need some advice. I really want to get a PS4, especially with Injustice 2 and the new Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, as well as other titles I'm interested in, but here's the thing. My television is an old school tube style set, meaning it's a pretty thick set. Is the PS4 capable of running on all forms of tvs, or is it only compatible with flat screens?

finalark

SNORLAX
My television is an old school tube style set, meaning it's a pretty thick set. Is the PS4 capable of running on all forms of tvs, or is it only compatible with flat screens?
I don't know if you just walked out of 2001 or something, but the question you need to ask yourself is "does my TV have an HDMI port?" If the answer is yes, then you should have no problems with the PS4. If no, then you're going to have issues. As far as I know, the PS4 doesn't support AV anymore.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Spider-Man PS4 really makes me want to buy a PS4 Pro just for that game alone. I don't have any interest in other PS4 exclusives, so it seems like a bad financial decision to spend $460 on one game. Hopefully it gets ported to PC or something, but I wouldn't test my luck.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
wait wut? HOLY **** YALL CHECK THIS OUT
Edit: Uh wasnt this post a page back? Why is it over here now? and didnt it have alot more likes?

Last edited:

JamesD01

Smash Rookie
Now its own PS5 is arrive now we should wonder what would be PS6 it look like.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
With the online stores for the Playstation 3, Playstation Portable, and Playstation Vita shutting down this summer, what are some games that you'd recommend?

I'm debating about whether I should get Resident Evil 1-3, Mega Man Legends 2, and the Misadventures of Tron Bonne or not (I already have Mega Man Legends 1) - I'm not a fan of horror games, but I figure that much like the original Halloween movie, the original Resident Evils are old enough at this point that they wouldn't be as frightening to a modern audience. (for the Mega Man games, I haven't played Legends 1 yet)

Also, I feel like it's worth noting to get DLC if you haven't - if you've got something like Persona 4 Arena Ultimax or the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure fighting game, there are quite a few characters that seem like fan favourites who will be permanently inaccessible once this shutdown happens.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I got a PS2 earlier this year. What do you think of my collection so far?
Awesome. Lots of classics there. Definitely a system I want to get into more and don't know why. I'm very curious to see if prices will start go up beyond the exclusive RPGs.

Been really focusing on my PSP collection as of late and trying to get what I can off of the PSN as it becomes harder and harder to get digital exclusives for the PS3.

If anyone has recommendations for PS2, PS3, and PSP I'd love to hear them. Am going to a convention this weekend and I really want to focus on PSP, DS, and Wii.

Last edited:
Top Bottom