• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playstation Vita/VitaTV

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Yeah, the difference between an OLED screen and a LED screen are huge. Now if only Sony would give the Vita some more love . . .

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but what are some of the things that make the Vita worth owning?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but what are some of the things that make the Vita worth owning?
For me, it's cool to have a portable library of a lot of PS1 Classics, especially since I do love RPGs.

PSP/Vita games I do recommend would be:

Persona 4 Golden
Danganronpa 1 & 2
Ys Seven
Ys Memories of Celceta
Trails in the Sky FC and SC
Trails of Cold Steel
Dragon's Crown
Hatsune Miku

There's also a lot of ports on there like the Neptunia series, Atelier series, and soon Odin's Sphere. All I can say is it's a very niche system with games that cater to a small group than a wide one. If the types of games I listed interests you, definitely go buy one. If it doesn't, I can't really suggest buying one. I do really like my Vita, but it's hard to recommend to people that aren't into these games.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Now that I have a PS4, I'm also considering getting a PS Vita just to play certain games for it, although I probably should've bought it back during the holidays when it was still like $160. Oh well, but I'm thinking about it.

Desu_Maiden

Smash Cadet
The PS Vita was a good system, and I still play it on a regular basis, everyday, but it was sadly abandoned by Sony before it could have accomplished anything. The PS Vita was Sony's least successful system, although it was overall a pretty good portable system. The only games that get released on the PS Vita these days are mostly from Limited Run Games, and this publisher mainly releases physical editions of PS Vita games that typically get very few copies made. And I have never actually bought a single LRG for the PS Vita mainly because I rarely shop for physical games and stuff online (I mainly buy digital goods from Steam, PSN and Nintendo's e-Shop). And usually by the time, I am able to purchase and want to purchase a game from LRG, the game I'm trying to purchase has already been sold out on the LRG online store, since there are very limited copies manufactured by LRG (usually less than 10,000 copies of any particular game).

Top Bottom