• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playstation All-Stars...Round 2? [Possible Sequel Discussion]

Should Playstation Allstars Round 2 Come to be?

• Yes. (wether or not it needs a new gameplay style or just more characters)

Votes: 59 83.1%
  • No. Such Ripoff.

Votes: 12 16.9%

• Total voters

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Link to the original game's thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale.349967/

Since Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale's entrance into the gaming market, it has been shunned by many as being labeled a carbon copy of the acclaimed "Super Smash Bros" franchise, as well with the negative reaction, there has been some cult following. The game received by others has been seen as a great opportunity to celebrate Sony's extraordinary lineup over the years and give those who have hoped to have a "Smash title" with their favorite Sony characters. With lead development by Omar Kendall of Superbot entertainment (which is no more, or at least not partnered with Sony anymore), he and the Superbot team collaborated to make sure that this game (they're first) was for the fans and was conceptualized because of the fans. Although the game, didn't meet fans' expectation, it was still welcomed by the community which continues today (will be at EVO 2014).

Fast forward to the game's almost second anniversary, after being revealed at E3 2012, there has been hopes and rumors of a sequel to the game, and although doubtful, there has been some glimmer's of hopes, starting with statements from Sony Playstation's President Shuhei Yoshida who, interviewed by Playstationlifestyle.com would go on and claim that it would be a possibility of a sequel, in his eyes and according to sales, the game did well enough to permit such, thus selling over a million copies worldwide, be keep it in mind with every console version sold, a free digital copy of the game was available for Vita owners.
"http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...-an-xbox-one-exclusive-is-part-of-growing-up/"

Since then, there's been a recent uproar in a recent rumor that hit the internet, a bit before E3 2014 when a leaked animated image was circulated around different online outlets.

The animated screen featuring one of Square's Final Fantasy cute character's, the Moogle popping out of the back of the title screen. This would quickly spread hype for the possibilities; There's was almost an immediate roar of anxiousness to see whether or not this was a real leak. With a square character in the title fans immediately jumped to the idea of possibly having square character's who have played a big role in Sony's history including Cloud Strife. And originally according to a Gamefaq's poster, that idea wasn't to far off from the original game. The poster would bring a quote from a friend of his who supposedly worked on the game:

"So I know someone who actually worked on this very game, and she managed to tell me some neat little tibits about behind the scenes factors regarding this game. She told me this about a year ago, so about 9 months or so after the game was released. Considering this time frame, you can safely assume that it has nothing to do with a sequel or potential DLC whatsoever, this is all retrospective."

"Remember that Ryu Hayabusa and Lightning leak? Well, apparently, they were intended for the game. Supposedly what happened is both were on the final roster, but as the deadline came near, they ran out of time, so they had to make cuts, and those two were just the unlucky ones to get the axe. They were going to be used for DLC, but apparently Temco (or whoever makes Ninja Gaiden) did not approve of this and pulled the plug on Ryu, basically saying "Initial Roster or bust." Considering the stance of development at the time, "bust" was the only realistic option.
I don't know why Lightning was pulled; it's possible because of the "Rivals" aspect of the game, but then that begs the question why not just make a new rival for her with a 1st party character? So there was probably something else going on here, to which I don't know.

Speaking of Lightning, Superbot asked to be able to use one of Cloud or Sephiroth. Square-enix responded with "no, they're our mascots, we can't let you use them" or something along those lines. Yes, this around the same time they claimed Lightning was their "modern mascot" so I'm calling bull**** on Square-enix's excuse here, as their real reason was "Promote Lightning as much as humanly possible!" considering they really wanted her to be the next Cloud, the mascot excuse just seemed like a convenient way to say "no" to Superbot.

Also, considering Lightning was intended for the game, this explains the alleged Final Fantasy item that would have been in the game but never was. With no FF character in the game, it makes no sense to put FF material alongside it."

"http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/69403988"
(I do encourage you to click the above link and read the whole post, for it has some interesting tidbits)

To many's dismay, the image was unveiled to be false, but that didn't put fans off of the possibility still. Currently the PSABR community has been making a push to contact Sony/Sony Santa Monica in hopes to receive some light on the possibility. As with the discussion of a potential sequel came the possible ideas of what could be improved in a Playstation All-Stars' second chance..

People mostly have their gripes with the game in the aspect of roster, game mechanics, and balance..

Now on the hand of game mechanics, President Shuhei Yoshida stated in the same interview that the game could only possibly return under the pretenses that it will be with different game mechanics.

Balance has been a big issue for this game, and probably it's biggest setback, with developers constantly putting out different patches months at a time.

And with the roster, there were multiple roster/DLC cuts made due to different factors, these being:
Dart Feld (Legend of Dragoon)
Abe (Odd World)
Helghast Soldier (Killzone)
Kulche (LocoRoco)
Blasto
Dr. Nefarious
Cyber Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)
Eucadean Soldier (Warhawk)
Buzz (Buzz!)
Patapon
Rau Utu (Mark of Kri)
Chimera (Resistance)
Knight (Fat Princess)
Soldier (Fat Princess)
Chop Chop Master Onion (Parappa The Rappa)
Ellen (Folklore)
Lightning (Final Fantasy)
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)

These names (most) can be directly confirmed through Pre-alpha interface design by Ryan Trenhaile, who worked on the game and posted the images on his website.

http://trenhaile.net/portfolio-items/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/

Trenhaile, who worked on the game had multiple images of his work on the game, and one of them was of the roster, now nothing of this manner was out of the ordinary, but upon refreshing the page I noticed that the same image of the roster except there were characters who weren't involved in the game, including Spyro, Crash, Cloud Strife, Sora, Shadow the Hedgehog, Lara Croft, Solid Snake, and Ryu Hayabusa who was originally tipped to be in the game, so the question arises, was this originally the roster? Why would a person who took part in the game's design, feature characters who were not in the final game. I personally screenshot both images of his background and the roster image we've all probably seen before:

Trenhaile wasn't the only one to post pre-alpha images of the game prior to it's release, multiple others including John Wu and Chris Capili who have posted images of the game during its Alpha where it was initially titled: Playstation Title Fight!

Some other character possibilities could include: Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Snake (MGS), Uber Hero (Patapon), Cloud Strife, Sora (Kingdom Hearts), Wander (Shadow of the Colossus)...etc

There were even stages that were cut like a finalized Gravity Rush & Journey crossover stage, that just didn't make it..

Not only were images unveiled by the devs of Superbot, but even Omar Kendall himself showed the Alpha of the game when it was still titled "Playstation Title Fight!" in video form during 2012's San Diego Comic Con:

Now originally, Title Fight! Was to be a "Capture the Flag" game developed by Naughty Dog, but was too busy with the Last of Us' development, so there could be a possibility that the team could return to their original project now that Superbot is no longer in control; and actually a "mysterious" poster on Pastebin had this to say:

"I work for Naughty Dog and we are currently working on a highly revamped "sequel" to 2012's PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale." http://pastebin.com/9ZYrBC0N

Now this isn't recent, but found recently, it was originally posted a year ago 06/22/2013. Now this is to be taken with a grain of salt, since it is random, and not to mention that Uncharted 4 was just recently confirmed to be in development, but who knows..

With all of this uproar in coincidences and rumors, do you think there's a possibility of a reveal or a greenlight for a sequel to the Playstation All-Stars title, if so, who will develop it, who will be in it, and what could be changed to actually allow the game to live up to the fan's expectation and it's own potential..

Discuss!

Media:

Chris Capili:
http://www.chriscapili.com/psabr/
http://www.chriscapili.com/playstation-all-stars-pre-vis/

John Wu:
http://www.therealjohnwu.com/gallery_scea_projects.html

'

Ryan Trenhaile:
http://trenhaile.net/portfolio-items/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/

Haildesign:
http://www.haildesign.com/#portfolio

Daniel L Chevalier:
http://dlcgameart.com/416052/art-user-interface/

Dart Feld (Legend of Dragoon) All-Stars Render:

Gravity Rush x Journey stage:

Booster

Smash Lord
No thanks. Also Sony shut down the company behind the game it flopped so badly.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I really want a sequel. All it needs is some improvements, the key characters we want, and better marketing.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I want a sequel, but good lord get rid of that ****ty mechanic where you HAVE to use a super to KO someone.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Even though I don't have a problem with the KO system, I don't mind if it changes to something else, just as long as it's not ring outs.

I say just give every character a life bar.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Round 2 would need to add these characters..

Crash
Spyro
Jersey Devil
Captain Blasto

It would also be nice to see some Square characters too! Since Sony is a major stake holder!

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Round 2 would need to add these characters..

Crash
Spyro
Jersey Devil
Captain Blasto

It would also be nice to see some Square characters too! Since Sony is a major stake holder!
Cloud and Lara Croft are obvious Square characters that should definitely be in the game.

Last edited:

TimpaniGamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
TimpaniGamer
3DS FC
1203-9427-6727
I'm sure that my idea will never happen, but I REALLY wish that Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft could work together just once and create a Smash Bros with fighters from all 3 companies, and maybe some indie companies as well. If only the industry worked together well...

(PS: I don't really know if Xbox has true mascots, but it would give us an excuse to see Banjo (Rare) and Steve (Mojang))

GloriousV

Smash Cadet
First game was decent, it didnt deserve the hate it got.

If they somehow make a sequel they should take out the super kills mechanic. It made the game extremely defensive and luck based at times. Sure it was creative but, that alone doesnt justify it. Also I would take out the filler characters.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I'm sure that my idea will never happen, but I REALLY wish that Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft could work together just once and create a Smash Bros with fighters from all 3 companies, and maybe some indie companies as well. If only the industry worked together well...

(PS: I don't really know if Xbox has true mascots, but it would give us an excuse to see Banjo (Rare) and Steve (Mojang))
And have it be called Console Wars. :awesome:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
First game was decent, it didnt deserve the hate it got.

If they somehow make a sequel they should take out the super kills mechanic. It made the game extremely defensive and luck based at times. Sure it was creative but, that alone doesnt justify it. Also I would take out the filler characters.
I personally prefer no character cuts. Each character had an interesting moveset and they were all very diversed.

ansossy

Smash Apprentice
They should really just go for an all-out Smash Clone. Just look at how similarly Street Fighter 4, Mortal Kombat 9, Killer Instinct (2013) play. Rivals of Aether is an upcoming game made by the same Lead Designer of Killer Instinct (2013) who is making a near-clone, but All-Stars should just really appoint to Smash fans or their 12 year old fanbase by making it an FPS game because that totally is such a rare genre that people are demanding for.

I really like how they added Parappa as he was an old relic from the Playstation 1 days.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
So if you could pick out a roster of like 40 or so PlayStation icons for Round 2, who would you guys have? I'd have to get back on my choices. But I have a solid list in mind.

angelcrome

Smash Rookie
Me and some friends made a list not too long ago on our dream team for Round 2. With this info, changes were made to accommodate.
Returning cast:
KRATOS
PARRAPA THE RAPPA
FAT PRINCESS
SLY COOPER
SWEET TOOTH
NATHAN DRAKE
SACKBOY
NARIKO
SIR DANIEL
JAK & DAXTER
RATCHET & CLANK
SPIKE
KAT
TORO
-----------------------------------
New Cast, with this information
DELSIN ROWE - INFAMOUS SECOND SON
FETCH - INFAMOUS SECOND SON
ECHO - KILLZONE SHADOW FALL
WANDER - SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS
DART - LEGEND OF DRAGOON
RUDY ROUGHNIGHT - WILD ARMS
RAVEN - GRAVITY RUSH
SIR GALAHAD - THE ORDER 1886
KUTARO - PUPPETEER
KNACK
TOMBA
MAXIMILIAN - DARK CLOUD
MONICA - DARK CLOUD
DR NEFARIOUS - RATCHET & CLANK
CARMELITA FOX - SLY COOPER
THE TRAVELER - JOURNEY
JOEL & ELLIE - THE LAST OF US
LIL & LAARG - ESCAPE PLAN
IOTA/ATOI - TEARAWAY
ELLEN - FOLKLORE
BLASTO
RAU UTU - MARK OF KRI
MAIDEN IN BLACK - DEMON'S SOULS
JEANNE D'ARC
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Third Party guest characters
SNAKE - METAL GEAR SOLID
YU NARUCAMI - PERSONA
CHUN LI - STREET FIGHTER
ABE - ODDWORLD
RYU HAYABUSA - NINJA GAIDEN
OLIVER - NI NO KUNI
NOCTIS - FINAL FANTASY
CRASH BANDICOOT
SPYRO THE DRAGON
SORA - KINGDOM HEARTS
HANDSOME JACK - BORDERLANDS
SELVARIA BLES - VALKYRIA CHRONICLES
KAZUMA KIRYU -YAKUZA

... And that is our list.
I believe that Sony potentially has something that can make Playstation All-Stars special and unique, and that is the guest characters. Sure Smash has some guest characters too, but Sony can really bring some odd but awesome characters into a world that you could hace never imagen being. Similar to Issac Clark in thw first game. That was a pleasant and unexpected surprised. And that "surprise" element can work to their advantage.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
They should really just go for an all-out Smash Clone. Just look at how similarly Street Fighter 4, Mortal Kombat 9, Killer Instinct (2013) play. Rivals of Aether is an upcoming game made by the same Lead Designer of Killer Instinct (2013) who is making a near-clone, but All-Stars should just really appoint to Smash fans or their 12 year old fanbase by making it an FPS game because that totally is such a rare genre that people are demanding for.

I really like how they added Parappa as he was an old relic from the Playstation 1 days.
I don't get what you're saying. Mortal Kombat 9 is not a Street Fighter 4 clone (don't know about the new Killer Instinct, though). They're just part of the same genre, just like how Smash Bros. and PlayStation All-Stars are. If Smash Bros. fans don't like it because it's not completely the same as Smash Bros., then that's their problem.

Third Party guest characters
SNAKE - METAL GEAR SOLID
YU NARUCAMI - PERSONA
CHUN LI - STREET FIGHTER
ABE - ODDWORLD
RYU HAYABUSA - NINJA GAIDEN
OLIVER - NI NO KUNI
NOCTIS - FINAL FANTASY
CRASH BANDICOOT
SPYRO THE DRAGON
SORA - KINGDOM HEARTS
HANDSOME JACK - BORDERLANDS
SELVARIA BLES - VALKYRIA CHRONICLES
KAZUMA KIRYU -YAKUZA
... And that is our list.
I believe that Sony potentially has something that can make Playstation All-Stars special and unique, and that is the guest characters. Sure Smash has some guest characters too, but Sony can really bring some odd but awesome characters into a world that you could hace never imagen being. Similar to Issac Clark in thw first game. That was a pleasant and unexpected surprised. And that "surprise" element can work to their advantage.
If any Final Fantasy character should get in, it's Cloud. FFVII remains the most popular and influential rpg on that was made for the PS1 and is also the console's second best selling game. Cloud is an absolute must, just like Crash and Spyro.

Also, you left out Lara Croft. Another must-have that should be in the game/series.

I also would like to see Fei Fong Wong from Xenogears.

Last edited:

angelcrome

Smash Rookie
I don't get what you're saying. Mortal Kombat 9 is not a Street Fighter 4 clone (don't know about the new Killer Instinct, though). They're just part of the same genre, just like how Smash Bros. and PlayStation All-Stars are. If Smash Bros. fan don't like it because it's not completely the same as Smash Bros., then that's their problem.

If any Final Fantasy character should get in, it's Cloud. FFVII remains the most popular and influential rpg on that was made for the PS1 and is also the console's second best selling game. Cloud is an absolute must, just like Crash and Spyro.

Also, you left out Lara Croft. Another must-have that should be in the game/series.

I also would like to see Fei Fong Wong from Xenogears.
We made this list after the news of the next Tomb Raider being timed-exclusive to xbox.
Also, based on this news, Square wasn't going to let Sony use Cloud. Instead they offered Lightning in order to promote FF13. So it would make sense for them to give permission to use a character from their most recent FF.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
We made this list after the news of the next Tomb Raider being timed-exclusive to xbox.
The newest Tomb Raider being Xbox exclusive doesn't keep Lara Croft from being a possible character.

Also, based on this news, Square wasn't going to let Sony use Cloud. Instead they offered Lightning in order to promote FF13. So it would make sense for them to give permission to use a character from their most recent FF.
But fans don't actually want a character from the most recent Final Fantasy game. They only want Cloud.

Last edited:

rodriGOAT

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rod_elCrack
The roster certainly looks better I wouldn't mind a sequel as long as Wild ARMS gets a rep.

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
Sense this game is an iffy topic to the Smash community, I wanted to see how many Smash fans actually hate or like Playstation Allstars. If you think it's a ripoff put your reasons down below. If you think it should come back, what characters would you like to see?

Unpopular opinion: I kind want Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII ;3;

I've actually made a list of 120 characters who could work for the next Allstars game (Not a dream roster but more of a "who should at least be considered" list)
  1. Kratos (God of War)
  2. Zeus (God of War)
  3. Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)
  4. Fat Princess (Fat Princess)
  5. Parappa (Parappa the Rapper)
  6. Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper)
  7. Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
  8. Radec (Killzone)
  9. Jak & Daxter (Jak & Daxter)
  10. Ratchet & Clank (Ratchet & Clank)
  11. Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
  12. Cole McGrath (InFAMOUS)
  13. Spike (Ape Escape)
  14. Toro (Doki Demo Issyo)
  15. Sir Daniell (MediEvil)
  16. Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet)
  17. Dante (Devil May Cry)
  18. Big Daddy (Bioshock)
  19. Raiden (Metal Gear Solid)
  20. Heihachi (Tekken)
  21. Kat & Dusty (Gravity Rush)
  22. Emmett Graves (Starhawk)
  23. Isaac Clark (Dead Space)
  24. Hades (God of War)
  25. Poseidon (God of War)
  26. Calypso (Twisted Metal)
  27. Rammy Lammy (Parappa the Rapper)
  28. Carmalita Fox (Sly Cooper)
  29. Lucas Kellen & OWL (Killzone)
  30. Dr. Nefarious (Ratchet & Clank)
  31. Deslin Rowe (InFAMOUS)
  32. Abigail Fetch (InFAMOUS)
  33. Sayaka (Ape Escape)
  34. Kuro (Doki Demo Issyo)
  35. Toggle (LittleBigPlanet)
  36. Vergril (Devil May Cry)
  37. Raven (Gravity Rush)
  38. Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
  39. Dr. Cortex (Crash Bandicoot)
  40. Spyro (Spyro the Dragon)
  41. Captain Blasto (Captain Blasto)
  42. Dart (Legend of Dragoon)
  43. Abe (Oddworld)
  44. Herc (Herc's Adventure)
  45. Croc (Croc)
  46. Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
  47. Cloud (Final Fantasy VII)
  48. Leon (Final Fantasy VIII)
  49. Klanoa (Klanoa)
  50. Ryu (Street Fighter)
  51. Pacman (Pac Man)
  52. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
  53. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
  54. Chris Redfeild (Resident Evil)
  55. Pyramid Head (Silent Hill)
  56. Rayman (Rayman)
  57. Tomba (Tomba)
  58. Mr. Domino (Mr. Domino Saves the World)
  59. Megaman Volnut (Megaman Legends)
  60. Zero (Megaman X)
  61. Gex (Gex)
  62. Swampy (Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge)
  63. Ayane (Dead or Aive)
  64. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
  65. Andy (Heart of Darkness)
  66. Tempest (Atari)
  67. Eucadian Soldier (Warhawk)
  68. Robbit (Jumping Flash!)
  69. Wander (Shadow of the Colossus)
  70. BUZZ (BUZZ!)
  71. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
  72. Yu Narakami (Persona)
  73. Amaterasu (Okami)
  74. King of the Cosmos (Katamari Demacy)
  75. Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
  76. Frogger (Frogger's Adventure)
  77. Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog)
  78. Ryo Hazuki (Shenmue)
  79. Agent 47 (Hitman)
  80. Max Payne (Max Payne)
  81. Sergeant Cortez (Time Splitters)
  82. Glitch (Metal Arms: Glitch in the System)
  83. Jade (Beyond Good & Evil)
  84. Ty (Ty the Tasmaniac Tiger)
  85. Mister Mosquito (Mister Mosquito)
  86. Jake (Dog's Life)
  87. Crypto (Destroy All Humans!)
  88. Earl (Big Mother Truckers)
  89. Joel & Ellie The Last of Us)
  90. Hooded Figure (Journey)
  91. Chimera (Resistance)
  92. Kelche (Locoroco)
  93. Polygon Man (Playstation Allstars Battle Royale)
  94. Jodie Holmes (Beyond 2 Souls)
  95. Altiar (Assasin's Creed)
  96. Alice Liddel (American McGee's Alice)
  97. Death Jr. (Death Jr.)
  98. Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII)
  99. Dante (Dante's Inferno)
  100. Monokuma (Danganronpa)
  101. Joe Ramirez (Ghost Recon)
  102. Slender Man (Slender)
  103. Hatsune Miku (Vocaloid)
  104. Filia (Skullgirls)
  105. Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)
  106. Meat Boy (Super Meat Boy)
  107. Knack (Knack)
  108. Josh (Until Dawn)
  109. Messanger (Tearaway)
  110. Ghallad (The Order 1886)
  111. Ally (Horizon)
  112. Hunter (Bloodborne)
  113. Henry (Firewatch)
  114. Noctis (Final Fantasy XV)
  115. Trevor Phillips (Grand Theft Auto V)
  116. The Phantom (Persona 5)
  117. Aiden Peirce (WATCH_DOGS)
  118. The Keeper (The Evil Within)
  119. AR Bots (PS4 Playroom)
  120. Neir 2015 Main Character (Neir)

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Of course, the IP deserves a second shot. However they got a lot to fix. And they NEED to do a good job of getting in touch with the right people and getting their icons from every PS system together. They need Spyro, Crash, and a lot of other characters they missed from last time. Also get rid of the dumb gimmick of NEEDING a special move to win.

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
Of course, the IP deserves a second shot. However they got a lot to fix. And they NEED to do a good job of getting in touch with the right people and getting their icons from every PS system together. They need Spyro, Crash, and a lot of other characters they missed from last time. Also get rid of the dumb gimmick of NEEDING a special move to win.
Yeah, they do need something new. Smash was special because it could be casual and competitive unlike normal fighters and Allstars' gameplay. They need some that can be casual and competitve.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Uh...it could go either way for me. I mean I've never played Playstation All Stars before cuz I never owned a PlayStation 3 and if they do make a sequel for it, I would definitely get it. Besides, I've been thinking about buying a PlayStation 4 for sometime now.

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
Uh...it could go either way for me. I mean I've never played Playstation All Stars before cuz I never owned a PlayStation 3 and if they do make a sequel for it, I would definitely get it. Besides, I've been thinking about buying a PlayStation 4 for sometime now.
If you do end up getting a PS4 I'd recommend first trying InFAMOUS Second Son, GTA V and when they come out Final Fantasy XV, FFVII Remake & Kingdom Hearts 3

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If you do end up getting a PS4 I'd recommend first trying InFAMOUS Second Son, GTA V and when they come out Final Fantasy XV, FFVII Remake & Kingdom Hearts 3
Eh, I'm not interested in the first two games but I do have my eyes locked on the two Final Fantasy games and maybe Kingdom Hearts 3.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

To be more specific, Sony gives whoever they have develop the game this time more freedom. Superbot to my knowledge was ot even allowed to talk to Activision or Team ICO about permission of using characters for the game, which is why guys like Spyro/Crash/Wander and the like were not allowed in the game(and why Omar Kendall had to keep using the phrase "stay tuned" just to dodge questions about Crash.) On top of that they need to be more careful and more strict on protecting the product-every character except for Heihachi and the DLC characters were leaked through sources such as Paul Gale, some idiot running the Sony Facebook Page, Dataminers of the online beta and others, whcih showed a huge lack of interest in the product(in comparison to Nintendo with Smash 4, who sued and fired the employee who leaked the hidden characters of SmashU and made sure no one knew anything about the last 3 DLC characters at all by not leaving excess data in the updates.) The Super System I feel should be more integrated and stay, but it should not be mandatory-as the game evolved certain characters with amazing super Setups like Raiden dominate everything while ones with Terrible supers like Nariko struggle to stay viable.

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
To be more specific, Sony gives whoever they have develop the game this time more freedom. Superbot to my knowledge was ot even allowed to talk to Activision or Team ICO about permission of using characters for the game, which is why guys like Spyro/Crash/Wander and the like were not allowed in the game(and why Omar Kendall had to keep using the phrase "stay tuned" just to dodge questions about Crash.) On top of that they need to be more careful and more strict on protecting the product-every character except for Heihachi and the DLC characters were leaked through sources such as Paul Gale, some idiot running the Sony Facebook Page, Dataminers of the online beta and others, whcih showed a huge lack of interest in the product(in comparison to Nintendo with Smash 4, who sued and fired the employee who leaked the hidden characters of SmashU and made sure no one knew anything about the last 3 DLC characters at all by not leaving excess data in the updates.) The Super System I feel should be more integrated and stay, but it should not be mandatory-as the game evolved certain characters with amazing super Setups like Raiden dominate everything while ones with Terrible supers like Nariko struggle to stay viable.
They also needed a bigger budget and development time. Something they were missing when developing the game. But if I may add. The DLC would've continued too. After the Zeus and Isaac Clarke DLC there was supposed to be an Abe from Oddworld and Dart from Legend of the Dragoon DLC but due to the low sales of Zeus and Isaac the DLC was cancelled. After those 2 Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII and (possibly) Cyber Sweet Tooth were planned after that.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
I know this is sacrilege to say, but I actually like All-Stars a little better than Smash Bros. Honestly, I love Smash, it's a classic series, and has a great gameplay idea that makes it stand out, but I mainly play it because of Samus, the DK characters, and Captain Falcon and Mewtwo. This applies to all games, not just the new one.

So yes, I think that there should be a sequel for All-Stars! I think there's some definite ways to improve it. Me and a friend were talking, and this is probably way out there, but it would be neat if there a few different modes that changes the gameplay. For one, you could have classic style, with the building up combos to charge Supers like always, but then they could add a stamina mode, just like Smash, that way you could try to just beat out health instead. Another mode we discussed is maybe something totally new, where all the characters play in a 3D environment like Uncharted, and they get all their own special weapons and what not of course. I realize that's a crazy idea, though, especially when some characters wouldn't work there. It'd still be entertaining to see.

Classic and stamina are most plausible, though. I would like some changed up and improved gameplay for all characters, better supers, and maybe even make it to where supers are still usable in stamina mode, only doing massive damage, or they're just plain disabled. I thought the concept of the characters interacting in arcade mode with their respective rivals was fun, but I would also love to see a full story mode like that of Subspace Emissary. Given that voice acting is more common in the Sony games for the most part, and there was plenty of it in the last All-Stars, then seeing the characters voice acted and interacting with all the others would be a really treat to see.

There was actually a ton of ideas they had early in development that would have made it even better to begin with, but Sony basically had almost all of them scrapped due to them having SuperBot rush the game out. So... bring those back.
So those are just a couple of ideas I've tossed around, particularly with my friends.
My main would still be Sweet Tooth. Because Sweet Tooth is epic.
I should have voted for Sweet Tooth in the Smash Ballot despite having no chance, because why not?

EDIT
... (possibly) Cyber Sweet Tooth [was] planned after that.
I... what? What is this "Cyber Sweet Tooth"? Where did you hear this? I need to know!

Last edited:

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I had to find out the hard way that the game was screwed over by all of the limitations. Kind of gets me jealous but still, no use crying over spilled milk.

As for the Cyber Sweet Tooth thing, I found out that I was wrong on that. It was actually Lightning and Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden planned for DLC. They were originally going to be in the starter roster but due to the development hell, they were moved to DLC and for one reason or another it never happened.

777Laser

Smash Apprentice
I wish, but the demand isn't there sadly. Playstation Battle Royal and Smash are my favorite fighting games of all time.

I also like the online more in that game

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
As for the Cyber Sweet Tooth thing, I found out that I was wrong on that. It was actually Lightning and Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden planned for DLC.
Awww, but I saw someone else mention it too! Heh, I already had a friend jokingly tell me "great, now I can picture Sweet Tooth with a machete launcher grafted to his arm". LOL
Even if it were just a costume, that'd be fine with me.

Y'know, they never did give us those Polygon Man minion skins... I remember a lot of people asked about them. Oh well...

I hope that one day Sony decides to pick All-Stars up again. It had so much potential, and in my eyes, still does.

Last edited:

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
Awww, but I saw someone else mention it too! Heh, I already had a friend jokingly tell me "great, now I can picture Sweet Tooth with a machete launcher grafted to his arm". LOL
Even if it were just a costume, that'd be fine with me.

Y'know, they never did give us those Polygon Man minion skins... I remember a lot of people asked about them. Oh well...

I hope that one day Sony decides to pick All-Stars up again. It had so much potential, and in my eyes, still does.
Yeah, I really hope Playstation Allstars makes a return too...
Here's hoping to E3 2016...maybe...idk

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The game is a rough gem.

Properly cut, it could become something very special.

Give it a sequel.

Top Bottom