• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale REBOOT(Current Job: Voting for Summons)

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
For a long time, Smash was the only time a major company had the idea of using their characters against themselves. But then Sony decided to ride along the Smash bandwagon and released PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale. We can all agree that while PSASBR had some good concepts, it had terrible execution. But would we fare better if we created this game? Would there be actual summons? Will we pick good ideas for 3rd party characters? And will this thread be the first that I finish?

LET'S FIND OUT TOGETHER!
FIGHTERS(3/32):

Kratos(God of War)
Kat(Gravity Rush)
Astro(Astro's Playroom)
STAGES(2/40):

Hades(God of War/Patapon)
Journey(Journey/Starhawk)

MODES:

Arcade Mode

ITEMS:

Spear of Destiny(God of War)

SUMMONS:

Lil and Laarg(Escape Plan)​

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 1: How many characters should we have in our roster?(Has to be a multiple of two due to rival battles, Limit is 50)

Job 2: Should we include 3rd Party?

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
1. 24. Yes, it's limited. However, I think a smaller number of characters could lend to an effective base-game roster with tightly packed and effectively-picked characters - and if we try and limit ourselves to one character per series similarly to the original game, we would still have space for both the obvious picks that spring to mind as well as some of the more obscure but interesting ones. Bear in mind that this doesn't include DLC - you could keep DLC going for a while after this point.
2. Yes, but I'd like to suggest that we do make sure to have some Sony-specific jobs. Sure, a lot of the most prominent and famous PlayStation series have been third-party, but there's still a lot of first-party series that would make sense to include, and we shouldn't ignore them.

D

Deleted member

I agree with Knee. They should be there but shouldn't be the majority of the roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Suggestion time is done now due to me not being available later today. We will unanimously have third party( and we will try not to overflow the roster with them.)
Job 1 Voting: Main Game Roster Number:
Vote for your Top 3 ideas where your own post isn't in first.

Job 3: Submit a first party character from the original game

Job 4: Sumbit a new first party character

Last edited:
Job 3:
Kratos (God of War)
1677431396530.png
An obvious choice and he is a flagship character of Playstation console.

I feel he would have movesets based on both eras. His design would be based on "Norse" era games.

Job 4:
Aloy (Horizon)
1677431377937.png
The main character and face of the series. She is human that tries to survive the post apocalyptic-Earth ridden by robots inspired by dinosaurs and extinct animals.

She would be an obvious choice for the game since her first game was a huge hit and it's sequel was also a huge hit.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I missed the first round but I can pitch in. You can take a PSASBR roster in many ways, even if the idea was done before.

Job #1:
  1. 40
  2. 42
  3. 36
If we're going to have third parties, I'd like to have an extensive roster so that we can have room for more interesting first-party picks.

Job #2: Princess Plump (Fat Princess)

1677432122170.png

Fat Princess was my favorite character in the first game and I think she was a pretty unique addition that nearly made herself synonymous with the title. Not to mention she's the only character hailing from the PlayStation network iirc.

Job #3: Jin Sakai (Ghost of Tsushima)

1677432184616.png

A pretty predictable choice but Jin still has plenty of moveset potential that could set him apart from similar games of the current PS generation.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
1. 32
2. 36
3. 24

I think anything over 40 is going overboard. Will submit characters later

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job #01:
  1. 32
  2. 36
  3. 40
Job #02:
Character Name: PaRappa
Character Origin: PaRappa the Rapper (1996)

I was going to do this in rhyming couplets but I am incompetent so that's fun, anyways - PaRappa's cool. He's a solid PS1 rep, but aside from being pretty historically important (being from one of the first games out there to feature cel-shading!), he's also just a lot of fun and he's a fun character to see getting involved in something like this.

Job #03:
Character Name: Vibri
Character Origin: Vib-Ribbon (1999)

Speaking of "funky animal-themed rhythm game characters with a particularly unique visual style", here's an awesome vector rabbit with a lot of potential (seriously!) Honestly I think Vibri would be a lot of fun to see - they're so funky and cool and fresh and they'd bring a lot of life to the roster overall. Also: if you think a vector character can't work in 3D, I'd point you to the Brick Frog from the ENA series. They're cool too!

D

Deleted member

1. 40
2. 36
3. 32

Nathan Drake (Uncharted)

Hunter (Bloodborne)

Both feel pretty self explanatory. Drake is a must have. Bloodborne is a beloved game with a lot of moveset potential.

Last edited by a moderator:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Kratos - 15 points
Sackboy/Ratchet and Clank - 7 points
Nathan Drake - 6 points
Kat - 4 points
PaRappa - 2 points
Princess Plump - 0 points

Astro - 10 points
Aloy - 8 points
Jin Sakai - 7 points
Vibri/The Hunter - 4 points
Knack - 3 points
Dart - 0 points

Kratos and Astro Bot are our first fighters! And music will be like Smash!

Job 6: How many stages should we have?

Job 7: Submit a returning and new stage(make sure to elaborate on the franchises crossing over on those stages.)

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
We should have 37 stages.

Returning Stage: Hades(God of War/Patapon)
New Stage: Turismo Track(Gran Turismo/Cool Boarders)

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
40 stages

Returning stage: Metropolis (Ratchet and Clank/God of War)
New stage: Journey (Journey/Starhawk)

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Sorry I'm a little late...

Vote for your favorite in each category with your own submission not in first!

Stage #:

Returning Stage:
Hades(God of War/Patapon)
Metropolis(Ratchet and Clank/God of War)

New Stage:
Turismo Track(Gran Turismo/Cool Boarders)
Journey(Journey/Starhawk)

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
We will have 40 stages, the first two being Hades(God of War/Patapon) and Journey(Journey/Starhawk). PlayStation All Stars finally has a Journey Stage Now!

Job 8: Submit a mode for the game

Job 9: Should Kratos' default design be from the classic or modern games?

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 8: Arcade Mode

Same as PSASBR, but maybe different bosses than just Polygon Man.

Story Mode

Story Mode is a type of a gamemode that appears in many games and it's a mode where it includes a story something like Subspace Emmisary where fighters need to save the world from big threat or some stuff.

The story mode would be something like Melee's Adventure mode mixed with Subspace Emissary mode (Lots of unique levels, cutscenes with voice acting and bosses).
Also we could unlock characters in this mode.

As for the lore, we could decide which lore would fit the story mode.

I think story mode would make sense for PSABR reboot game, since the prevous game didn't had any narrative story, so this game should have a lore somehow.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 9: classic Kratos is better than the norse Kratos, the greek era Kratos is iconic than the norse era kratos

Job 8:All-Stars Mode

All-Stars mode is similar to All-Star mode from Smash games,KO all the characters from the roster,the fighter order is similar to Smash 4,the oldest character to newest character,the mode begins against 6 characters,after defeat all the 6 characters,the player character is putted on rest area showing the next 6 characters and a teleporter to the next fight.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Vote for your favorite mode(Top 2,self vote in second):
Arcade Mode - Me
Story Mode - Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
All Stars - DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26

I think Kratos should be in his Norse form for his default.

Job 10: Submit an item.

Job 11: Submit an equivalent of Assist Trophies

1. Story Mode
2. Arcade Mode

Top Bottom