• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PlayStation

finalark

SNORLAX
I never really got the whole "LOL (insert new console here) has no games" thing.

Really, tell me at least one console that had a massive, sprawling library filled with tons of high quality games of every genre after being out for less than a year.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Free Games for PS+ September 2014:

PS4: Velocity X2; Sports and Friends

PS3: Playstation All Stars Battle; Hoard

PSVita: Joe Danger; TxK

Note that some games such as Playstation All Stars Battle are cross-buy so you can also get it on Vita for FREE!

Also, anyone here with a PS4 and getting Destiny send me a PM!

Twewy

Smash Lord
I never really got the whole "LOL (insert new console here) has no games" thing.
I gotta agree, man. Talladega Nights was a hella exclusive.

Jokes aside, I'm close to finishing up Rayman Origins. I think the next PS3 game I'll work on is Dragon's Crown. I almost had it beat before a hard drive corruption a few months ago, and the playerbase should be decent for online since PS+ has it, right? (RIP my Elf)

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Ill be getting a PS4 in the mail here for free from attending the Disney Infinity Toy Box Summit (with the 2.0 collectors edition! :awesome: ). Any other games yall all recommend? Gonna be my first Sony console~

R0Y

Smash Master
Are any of you guys into JRPG's? I gave this its own thread but this would obviously come to PlayStation platforms so I think this fits here. This is a thing that really could happen and Bandai Namco games just needs more fan support to show it can be a good business move:

I never really got the whole "LOL (insert new console here) has no games" thing. Really, tell me at least one console that had a massive, sprawling library filled with tons of high quality games of every genre after being out for less than a year.
Sega Dreamcast...but that's an anomaly.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
Are any of you guys into JRPG's? I gave this its own thread but this would obviously come to PlayStation platforms so I think this fits here. This is a thing that really could happen and Bandai Namco games just needs more fan support to show it can be a good business move:

Sega Dreamcast...but that's an anomaly.
DID SOMEBODY SAY XENOSAGA!?

Anyway, I feel that the Dreamcast's library is solid, but not versatile. I don't think I'd use the phase "massive, sprawling library filled with tons of high quality games of every genre" to describe the DC. In reality, it was primarily fighters, arcade games and sports game with very little aside from that. Sure, you had RPGs like Skies of Arcadia and Grandia II or platformers like Sonic Adventure and Rayman 2. Hell, there were even niche, experimental games like Jet Set Radio and Seaman. That being said, those games were dwarfed by the sheer amount of fighters, arcade games and sports games that dominated the console.

R0Y

Smash Master
DID SOMEBODY SAY XENOSAGA!?

Anyway, I feel that the Dreamcast's library is solid, but not versatile. I don't think I'd use the phase "massive, sprawling library filled with tons of high quality games of every genre" to describe the DC. In reality, it was primarily fighters, arcade games and sports game with very little aside from that. Sure, you had RPGs like Skies of Arcadia and Grandia II or platformers like Sonic Adventure and Rayman 2. Hell, there were even niche, experimental games like Jet Set Radio and Seaman. That being said, those games were dwarfed by the sheer amount of fighters, arcade games and sports games that dominated the console.
Wouldn't be a Sega console without that though!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm actually curious on how a Xenosaga remaster would go. Namco owns the rights and Harada would like it to be handled by the original staff. Since Monolithsoft is Nintendo owned and not freelancing, would it have to be on Wii U? I can't see that doing well.

R0Y

Smash Master
I'm actually curious on how a Xenosaga remaster would go. Namco owns the rights and Harada would like it to be handled by the original staff. Since Monolithsoft is Nintendo owned and not freelancing, would it have to be on Wii U? I can't see that doing well.
Against Harada's wishes, I think it would have to be outsourced to a HexaDrive or similar developer. Monolith Soft can't touch the game for other platforms anymore.

R0Y

Smash Master
Full price for Type-0 HD is...ouch. Not doing that, but FFXV on the other hand... Day freaking One

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
FFXV will probably be the game where I'll start buying a PS4 for. Hopefully the price of the console becomes more affordable around that time.

R0Y

Smash Master
FFXV will probably be the game where I'll start buying a PS4 for. Hopefully the price of the console becomes more affordable around that time.
Considering Type-0 is coming with a FFXV demo March 2015, game can't be that far away going by Square Enix demos. My guess is Q3/4 2015 in Japan and Q4 2015/Q1 2016 for the west.

Might be $349 USD :p

Interestingly, up here in Canada it launched at $399..then was price hiked early this year to $449, lol. Thankfully I got it at launch

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
I have a psn account. x_Wyntir_x
Anyone wanna add me for some Call of Duty!!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Free Games for PS+ September 2014:

PS4: Velocity X2; Sports and Friends

PS3: Playstation All Stars Battle; Hoard

PSVita: Joe Danger; TxK

Note that some games such as Playstation All Stars Battle are cross-buy so you can also get it on Vita for FREE!

Also, anyone here with a PS4 and getting Destiny send me a PM!
Not sure if it was posted, but you can grab all these games on the PSN store website, including for PS4 and PSV if you lack those, and it won't automatically download them.

Regardie

Smash Rookie
Also, can anyone recommend some good PS3 games
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is a pretty good game that's under $40 and you can easily get 80+ hours in the game.
The Prince of Persia Classic Trilogy is only $15.00
Arkham Asylum is only 7 dollars pre-owned and 10 dollars new.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
So I dunno if this is the right place for this but:
The fans in my PS3 have sopped working so now any time I start the system after about a minute I get a message of "The system is running hot" and then it shuts itself off.
Any way to fix this or...is it basically dead?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So I dunno if this is the right place for this but:
The fans in my PS3 have sopped working so now any time I start the system after about a minute I get a message of "The system is running hot" and then it shuts itself off.
Any way to fix this or...is it basically dead?
It's not dead if it's just the fan. It sounds like you can still repair it by replacing the fan. Try searching around on the web for any console repair shops in your area and ask them how much it will cost you (if you want someone else to repair it).

darthnazgul

Smash Cadet
NNID
darthnzgul
If you guys like the original Legend of Zelda, I highly recommend Binding of Isaac. It's free for PS Plus users at the moment.

Really, tell me at least one console that had a massive, sprawling library filled with tons of high quality games of every genre after being out for less than a year.
Virtual Boy.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not too sure where else to post this other than a Social Thread. But here's some stuff for Tekken 7. They show off some new mechanics(like a super armor thing)and character costumes. Two new characters are shown too. Though the guy looks more like a SNK type of character, but that's not terrible or anything.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I decided while at work, I am going to purge my PS3 collection to make room for the PS4. It dawned on me that I have 55 games, of which are still in wrappers, that I am not touching. So, I will beat the stories for everything I have that is worth playing, then sell it on eBay since they are going for a good bit still, and I have enough games to probably get me close to a PS4 + games + a controller. My goal is to finish this by March.

Feels good to have a goal.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
It's really weird but there's not a single game currently available on the PS4 that I really want to play. I'll probably just use the one I got for Christmas as a glorified blu-ray player until Mortal Kombat X ships in April.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
There's a few I want.

• GTA5 since they upgraded it completely from the PS3 version
  • inFamous Second Son
  • LittleBigPlanet 3
  • Assassin's Creed 4
There's also some indie titles I have through PSN+. My goal is to wait until next Christmas when sales should drop it below 300 with some games.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Ever since the recent Steam sale, my PS3 has slowly become "that thing I have I use to play God Hand". Sucks about Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World being taken off PSN. Never got to buy the DLC.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Since I needed a game for my PS4 I broke down and got Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Gamestop had it on sale for just $40 but I still haven't activated a Playstation Plus account so I can go on-line. Need to decide what I'm going to use as my new tag as I'm sure both Grizz and Grizzmeister (my two most common on-line aliases) are probably taken. Why does on-line gaming have to be so hard?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hmm did you guys here on mortal kombat X

The very last non dlc character alot went to liu kang

And tanya, tremor and predator from predator and jason vorhees from eariler is in the kombat pack

Even though i don't play mortal kombat i wonder if any other characters will become dlc.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
So, I has question: What are the differences between PS3 and PS4 Mortal Kombat X? Other than the release date. Probably getting the PS3 version since I'm not getting a 4 until sometime next year.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Anybody gonna pick up Mortal Kombat X for the PS4? I'm tempted to but first I want to find out if it's welcoming to casual players.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm super excited for the new Star Ocean. The game's trying to be a little more stylized this time around (or at least attempting to go with the game's art). Art's being done by Akiman, he's done stuff like SF2, Turn A Gundam, and more.

Hoping for something more along the lines of the first two SO games.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
I've always had mixed feeling on the SO series. I played the first two games as as a kid, and while I enjoyed the game play I always thought that were pretty forgettable in the narrative department. Despite spending 30+ hours with both games I can't remember a single thing that happens in either of them (aside from a certain twist near the end of SO3) nor could I give you the name of a single party member. Plus it always bugged me how the series touted itself as this grand sci-fi RPG but then it spends a significant portion of the game dumping you onto generic medieval planet after generic medieval planet. Almost like it's afraid that if it sticks to its guns it will scare people off.

Although I'm probably in the minority on this, most people seem to like this games well enough. If SO5 ends up being well received I might give it a try after a price drop or if a friend ends up buying it then I'll probably borrow it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've heard people say that the games don't have enough sci-fi elements, but I feel that they do. A good half of the game may be on an underdeveloped planet, but I think the sci-fi elements start kicking in after that and even invade the current setting. SO1 had very little, but it made sense. The game was pretty rushed and sort of abruptly ends since they were told to work on a planned PS1 title so soon. SO3 had sci-fi, Elicoor, then more sci-fi. Elicoor definitely feels like it takes forever the first time, but on replays it doesn't feel too long. SO4 had a little too much sci-fi, imo.

I feel that Star Ocean isn't supposed to be a full blown sci-fi RPG like Xenosaga. It's more about what happens when people with technology end up meeting those that aren't quite as civilized, and see how the two interact.

And yeah, SO story isn't amazing. I liked 2 and 3's stories (dialogue is questionable). SO4 I'll just ignore since the story and characters were awful to me.

Top Bottom