• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PlayStation

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Here's a good video showing how to swap the analog sticks on a DualShock 4 with the superior Xbox One units.

This is a smart mod to do if you open your DS4 to fix either a broken R2 trigger button or worn rubber nubs on the original analog thumbsticks.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
for realzzz, i dont play AW for the sole reason that it is not CoD

It has the name CoD but it isn't and its annoying
Except that AW is still CoD. Not just in name, but in gameplay. It hasn't changed for years now.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I play Advanced Warfare quite a bit and I really like it. My only criticism is that you die a little too quickly which is a real problem if you're in a laggy match.

Last edited:

SirJuicius

Smash Apprentice
Anyone here play ESO? Just got it and I love it. I've played the ES series since Morrowind. Around the time Skyrim came out, I thought about how neat it would be for this game to be online. Well now we have it, and with no subscription fee. As I said, I'm having a blast right now, but I have a question or two though because I want to be well-prepared for battles.

I'm starting off right now with a Nightblade Bosmer and I want to make him into a build where I can specialize in dual wielding and archery. What's the best way I should approach building him? If it helps, I have Twin Blades, Flurry, Teleport Strike, Veiled Strike, Shadow Veil, Poison Injection Arrow, Scatter Shot, the Ultimate Ability for Assasination and metal working for the sake of building items and selling them. I'll add the attributes later, but I know I've been focusing on stamina and health.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Picked up Batman Arkham Knight for PS4 yesterday. It's really awesome! I have to find more time to play it, but luckily I can PS4 connect to my Vita and play it at work.

SirJuicius

Smash Apprentice

finalark

SNORLAX
Good heads up. Might have to purchase Borderlands. I've heard it's good, and at an exact or near 50% discount, it's just too good to not consider.
Borderlands is one of those games that's only really fun if you have other friends who are into it. It's not bad, but unless you can convince a friend to pick it up too I wouldn't recommend it.

Picked up Batman Arkham Knight for PS4 yesterday. It's really awesome! I have to find more time to play it, but luckily I can PS4 connect to my Vita and play it at work.
I just finished this, but was annoyed by the Batmobile stages. The drone tanks got old really fast. Personally it was 8 out 10 for me.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
Is it too late to buy a PS3? I know some games are being rereleased on PS4, but there are so many games on PS3 I want to play sometime.

finalark

SNORLAX
Is it too late to buy a PS3? I know some games are being rereleased on PS4, but there are so many games on PS3 I want to play sometime.
Honestly, I'd just go straight for a PS4. The PS3 is in it's twilight years and nearly every worthwhile game on the console is getting a super HD edition on PS4. Plus it's looking like the PS4 will be in full swing by the end of 2016 anyway.

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
So my brother got me a PS4 as a surprise present the other day, along with Ground Zeroes, The Phantom Pain, Destiny and GTA5

So we were trying to get things set up nice and proper, everything seemed to be working fine until internet got involved. To cut a long story short, there's 2 things about the PS4 I find very irritating:
1. It's download speed is capped, whatever the specific number is I dunno, but the point is it downloads **** way too slow for my liking and it refuses to use the full speed I have available.

2. It is a complete bandwidth hog. I'm well aware that when things are downloading it takes priority and everything else using the internet is going to be slower, such is the case with Steam especially, but this thing demands soo much that everything else comes to a near screeching halt, almost unusable. And it's like just being on, rest mode or otherwise.

From how much I looked into this, there doesn't seem to be any fix or solution other than to just deal with it, and if that's the case, then I'm gonna get multiplat games on the PC whenever possible so I can avoid the hassle.

Terumi

Smash Cadet
NNID
TerumixKokonoe
3DS FC
0104-2953-8205
I need to get a PS4 for the best game this year. Let's see what game you guys think I'm talking about. Hint it is a FPS. PS it is not the lame game of Black oops 3

Last edited:

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
I think it's too late if you're looking to play upcoming games. However, the PS3 still has plenty of great games, so you get your money's worth from it. If the PS4 had backwards compatibility, then I would say go for that one, but it doesn't and Sony says they aren't looking to change that.

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
So it turns out my bad PS4 experience is actually because Fifa just got released and PSN got overloaded from everyone trying to download it.

So it was just bad timing on my part.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So it turns out my bad PS4 experience is actually because Fifa just got released and PSN got overloaded from everyone trying to download it.

So it was just bad timing on my part.
Either way, I feel like the DL does sort of cap just because of servers (sort of like the Wii U). Always a pain when I need to DL something on my consoles when I know my PC can download things much faster.

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
Either way, I feel like the DL does sort of cap just because of servers (sort of like the Wii U). Always a pain when I need to DL something on my consoles when I know my PC can download things much faster.
*cough*pcmasterrace*cough*

Minato

穏やかじゃない
*cough*pcmasterrace*cough*
I remember PS4 having preloading for MGSV and being unlocked at 12 PST. PC had no preloading but was downloadable at 9 or so. Felt good being able to DL the whole entire game and still play it before PSN unlocked it lol

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
For the price of a PS4 and a few games, you'd probably get a PS3 and a large collection of games. The PS3 was a juggernaut, and I am still going through my collection while keeping up with PS4 stuff.

On my PS4 backlog, which sucks I already have one, I have Dying Light, Assassin's Creed 4 (and Freedom Cry), Witcher 3, Wolfenstein, and Until Dawn. I pre-ordered Assassin's Creed Syndicate, so that'll be here soon too.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Been playing a ton of Metal Gear Solid 5 and Destiny. My PS4 collected dust prior to those two. i picked up the Anniversary Playstation Gold headset also... so it's been keeping me from Smash just a little.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Sony just dropped the price of the PS4 down to $350 here in the United States. That's an incredible bargain when you factor in how powerful a machine it is.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I've been thinking about buying a PlayStation 4 just so I could play these games:

-Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
-Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
-Batman: Arkham Knight
-Street Fighter V

That's all I could think of. If there are any other games that catches my interest, I'll get those too.

Last edited:

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Yknow I got a PS4 for Christmas but haven't gotten hooked on it yet. Rocket League and BOIII aren't addicting, Uncharted collection is in my backlog, Project CARS I like but it's almost a bit too hardcore for me, but GTAV is fun as always.

I think once No Man's Sky and a NASCAR game comes I'll be satisfied.

Ocarina Stealer

Smash Apprentice
Yknow I got a PS4 for Christmas but haven't gotten hooked on it yet. Rocket League and BOIII aren't addicting, Uncharted collection is in my backlog, Project CARS I like but it's almost a bit too hardcore for me, but GTAV is fun as always.

I think once No Man's Sky and a NASCAR game comes I'll be satisfied.
Project CARS is brilliant. Rocket League is incredibly addictive and I'm afraid if it's the same dev as the previous post EA NASCAR games you shouldn't get your hopes up.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Project CARS is brilliant. Rocket League is incredibly addictive and I'm afraid if it's the same dev as the previous post EA NASCAR games you shouldn't get your hopes up.
I agree with Project CARS, I just need to get better at it. I haven't gotten addicted to Rocket League yet and that may be because I'm not good enough at it yet. New NASCAR developer I'm not expecting much out of but as long as it's better than the crap ETX dished out I'll probably get my money's worth.

Ocarina Stealer

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Project CARS, I just need to get better at it. I haven't gotten addicted to Rocket League yet and that may be because I'm not good enough at it yet. New NASCAR developer I'm not expecting much out of but as long as it's better than the crap ETX dished out I'll probably get my money's worth.
Ah right, Rocket League is pretty daunting at first and you can get a lot of flack if you go online in the early stages of playing. But once you get used to it you'll be hooked.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I found another reason for me to buy a PlayStation 4, that being the Final Fantasy VII remake.

I'm hoping to buy the console after I either save some money or file my tax returns.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Not very lively here, but I had to double post.

I finally got me my long awaited PS4.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I really like my PlayStation 4 now that I've got some good games for it. Black Ops 3 and Street Fighter V are both great and provide me countless hours of enjoyment.

If I could get PS4 sequels to my favorite games like Tribes: Aerial Assault and Frame Gride the console could have the potential of being my favorite gaming platform of all time.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The Slim PS4 might not look sleek and amazing, but I'm excited for it. I just need a box that will let me play PS4 games. If it's 250 dollars,I'm definitely in.

Top Bottom