• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing defensive?

The Puzzle

Smash Rookie
I've been brawling with friends for the past couple months and we have some mini tournys and in the finals is mainly me and my friend (-Kokiri-) and he plays as CF. I know IC's are supposed to easily take out CF but once he manages a way to hit away Nana, he just combos and kills her off then I'm left alone. I was just wondering how I should play more defensive. I usually spot dodge his attacks then use a F-Tilt because I know the shield has a 6 frame delay for Nana but does spot dodging have that too? And I need help approaching because he always goes into the jab -> jab -> down tilt and then he's under me, don't really know what to do from there.

-kokiri-

Smash Cadet
You stand still for there is no stopping my lust for the death of Nana.
or
charge me, short hop> ice> grab> grabx100

Sieguest

Smash Master
Or...
Force him to move with IBs and then shield one of his attacks (which are basically just him extending his hurtbox) and grab him.

I've grossly over-simplified that strategy, but I don't think I need to expound any more on it.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
space well and use moves (especially desync pivotgrab). it's the kind of matchup where you can just autowin without matchup knowledge as long as you have decent fundamentals.

also nana delay is 5 frames.

Top Bottom