• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playgrounds Fan Expo Qualifier #1 Mississauga Centre July 10th

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
First of all Please list whether or not you are attending for Melee, Brawl, or Brawl+
NEW MOST IMPORTANT RULE

To prevent any items from being stolen i'm going to enforce a rule where if you show up with a console and have it plugged it, it stays until close. This tournament isn't ending very late and so I don't think that is too much to ask. This makes sure that everyone who brought equipment can only pack up when i say it is ok to do so. If anyone is seen unplugging any consoles before then I encourage members of the community to call this out to me and if I find out that its not your property I will not hesitate to ask people to restrain you and then I will personally call the police.

The only thing i want to see being unplugged are GC controllers before 5. I also encourage everyone in the community to keep a lookout of the equipment to prevent another incident like fool's. Please call it out if anyone is unplugging anything.

Venue Details

DVD 3

1960, Dundas St. West, #10

-10 dollar venue fee/10 dollar entry for the pot/20 dollars per team

Set Ups

GUYS I HAVE 3 TABLES AND 5 TVS ITS REALLY IMPORTANT YOU BRING WIIS FOR BRAWL. If anyone can bring extra TVs that would be great it would give extra tvs to run things smoothly/have tv for casuals after brackets start to die down. Brawl+ people I need you guys to confirm and tell me how many Tvs you guys are bringing and the same goes with Melee. I'm assuming that with 3x tables I can fit about 3 tvs per table as long as they aren't the giant kind.

-3 x Tables (me)
-5 x TV’s (me) for brawl
-2x tvs (sanuzi) for melee, and 2x gcs with melee
-2x melee setup (stos) (need 2 tvs for this)
-1x wii+brawl (matticus)
-1x wii+brawl(gi)
-1x wii + brawl (tinman)
-1x wii + brawl (care of ham)
-1x lcd tv for ssf4 (me)
-1x ssf4 setup (mikey)
-1x tv and ssf4 setup (ryanfw)
-1x tv + cube and melee (kiwi)

Timeline:
11:30- registration starts
12:00- Registration Cut Off/ALL events begin
5:00- Close

I am on a tight schedule, If i call your matches and you are not there I will DQ you no ifs ands or buts unless you are currently playing another match. Since we are on a time constraint straight bracket only. There is some good news too in the future there will be some amateur tourney only hosted where its 5 dollar venue and 5 dollar entry and people who rank top 5 will be able to enter these giving a way to grow our community and making sure where there are tournaments where the top players aren't stealing our money all the time.

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl

General rules, SBR certified (Brawl+ changes in bracket):

-3(4) Stock
-8 minute timer
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-Team attack on
-All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
-Stalling is banned. Planking is not allowed.
-DDD's Sanding & walking infinite are not allowed.
-Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Infinite Grabs: Gentlemen's rule (we don't like it, but if you need to do it to win, go right ahead).

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage List (Brawl)

Starter:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks:

Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1

Special Sauga rule
if both players agree a match can be played on shadow moses on the condition that both players use DDD.

Banned:

Everything else.

Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock 2 minute match will be played out on the same stage with the same characters. If Bowser's suicide klaw, Ganondorf's flame choke, Kirby's swallow, DDD's swallow, Diddy's monkey flip, or Wario's bite is the cause of both players dying on their final stock, the player who initiated the attack wins the match.

-Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or

-Sonic and Lucario can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

-Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

General Rules:

-no illegal substances, no alcohol, no green.
-don't smell, please shower
-Tournament matches have priority over friendlies. MMs have priority over friendlies
-Keep trash talking casual, no need for us to witness someone getting a punch in the face

Updates on whether or not SF4 will be happening this day will be posted according to space allotted in venue.

Prize Payout for Brawl:

Top 3 get tickets and entry into Fan Expo tournament hosted by Zellers with great prizes.

Pot Split Will be 60/30/10

4th and 5th placers will get free venue fee at next tournament depending on number of entrants. If more than 25 enter 4th will get next venue fee waived and more than 35 than 5th placers will have venue fee waived as well.

Prize Payout for Brawl+:

Pot Split Wil Will Be 60/30/10

Melee Rules
FIRST OF ALL MELEE PEOPLE I NEED YOU TO CONFIRM SO I CAN CONFIRM THAT THERE IS ENOUGH PEOPLE TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN PLEASE AND THANK YOU =) I need setups from the Melee community Currently I myself have 5 TVs to be distributed depending on the amount of entrants. Priority goes to brawl first though.

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser choses ban before next match.

One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.

Modified DSR: You cannot go back to the last stage you won in a set, unless agreed upon by the other player.

The player choice clause!:: If both players agree to a rule outside of my ruleset, feel free to play by that. If one player wants to counterpick Mute City and the other player is fine with that because they think it's a fair stage, then that is more than fine. However in the event the two players disagree, house rules stand.

Street Fighter
•2/3 Rounds
•2/3 Matches, 3/5 Grand Finals
•Winner Character Lock (cannot switch characters)
•Double Elimination
•Rounds consist of 99 second time limit in all sets
•All stages and characters are legal
•All matches played at default health and handicap

People Attending
-Tinman(Brawl)
-Decoy (brawl)
-tintin (brawl)
-jules (brawl)
-Iliad(brawl_
-Dinner (brawl?)
-stos (melee)
-power (melee)
-Minus (brawl, melee, ssf4)
-Patches (maybe)
-Weon-X (melee)
-Idea (melee)
-i1337 (brawl)
-Mikey (brawl, ssf4)
-Shifu (brawl)
-Hype (brawl)
-Peterx(melee)
-MatticusJT(Brawl+melee)
-Gi (brawl)
-kenza (melee maybe)
-RayneEx(melee, ssf4)
-kidbonezz (melee)
-kingace(brawl)
-ryanfw(brawl, ssf4)
-noledgebasis(brawl)
-nickcam (brawl, sf4)
-carter (brawl+melee)
-skylersilver (brawl + melee)
-pho (brawl? + ssf4)
-Raidos (brawl)
-duy (brawl + ssf4)
-the mighty kiwi (melee)
-looftwaffles (brawl)
-shootingstars (melee)
-unknown522 (melee)
-Mad J (melee)
-Xepher (brawl)
-rock (brawl)
-tsu sensei (brawl)

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
lol Ally you money fiend watch it only be you and holy who show up at the tourney because you just posted that :p

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
I should make an Ally rule which comprises of you only allowed using captain falcon :p

.decoy

Smash Ace
there's like a 90% chance that i'll be there
before everyone asks, yes, i am driving

3 spots in my car are gone (jow, tintin, jules)
my math says 1 is left

idea

Smash Master
i'll post this in the gta thread to see if they're interested for melee. i dunno though, mississauga is far and we're all lazy <_<

nickcam

Smash Ace
tinman are you gonna accept my money match or are u gonna keep ducking me cause i dont wanna have to look on these forums no more.

highfive

Smash Lord
I thought the title said "Playboy Fan Expo" boy was I mistaken.

This isn't part of my regular stomping grounds... so all of you have fun!

Patches

Smash Master
I'mma try to be there.

I'm about 50/50% considering I just start working again, and I'm not sure if I'll have next weekend off or not.

If I do go, I'll bring a Wii + brawl.
If I do go, Darksieg will come to, and he can bring a Wii+ Brawl & Cube + Melee

nickcam

Smash Ace
Alright tinman im gonan take ur no response to my mm as you saying your too scared to do it. Definitely the opposite of clutch. Side note, wheres the ssf4

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
if theres not enough melee interest ill hold a ssf4 side tourney

D

Deleted member

Removed by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

sauc3

Smash Lord
****, can't go to this one, i have a staff softball tourney this weekend, any other weekend I'd be good though, so if this is just #1, and there are in fact 3, then ill be at the next two :)

also, you shouldnt presume melee won't have much interest, lets BRAWL toronto 2 had more melee entrants, aswell as many other duo-game tourneys, you just have to advertise it well,

tinman, whats with your deep-seeded hatred to melee? seriously? all two posts ive decided to read of yours had to do with convincing people to stop playing melee and play brawl. wtf

also, i may be in the same boat as you jon, i have to get my other 2 wisdom teeth out soon, we should have "under the influence of tylenol 3" competitions ;)

mightychir

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0387-9912-4573
Is this going to be a tournament series? Since I see the #1 I am hoping so since I won't be able to attend that day.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Is the venue near Square One?

If not, what part of Mississauga is it located?

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
ok so i think i can host a ssf4 side tourney for people who want to enter with 5 dolalr entry, i won't post it on Srk forums but i will host it. I am on a tight schedule so you guys have to not **** around when entering multiple games. Melee people i need you to bring tvs i'll update the list of stuff we have later tonight i'm at work right now so kind of busy.

Also note the qualifiers for fan expo are only for Brawl and not any other game.

This will be a series hopefully as I might be hosting them biweekly from now until fan expo but it also depends on if the dates conflict with other brawl tournies other hosts are hosting. Whether or not I host them will also depend on my personal life as I've just started a new job and may be out of town for anywhere from 1-2 weeks at a time

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
again i must stress that melee can't happen unless melee people confirm + bring setups (tvs and gcs and melee) so melee people confirm please.

Top Bottom