• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Player evaluations - Zain's infinite intelligence and our climb to the top.

Another Player

Smash Apprentice
I don't want to waste your time with something we all know about but lets end this debate once and for all. Zain is making a claim Fox is better than Marth. At the highest levels of play and mostly in tournaments we've seen these two characters as equally viable. If Zain or anyone else favors Fox over Marth give us significance on why. If Fox is that awesome why don't we all play him all the time? It's important to know how to outplay your opponent over thinking what character might be better. When was the last time Bowser or Pichu won a major tournament? It shows other characters are more viable and important. Though with Fox and Marth are that close importance doesn't matter.

The Players.

I will use three categories to make it simple: Power, courage, and wisdom or strength, tactical, and technical.

Armada: Balanced player having excellent tactical and technical understanding of Smash. Might be the GOAT if not for HBOX. I've seen him play the game well overall offensively and defensively.

HBOX: Unilateral player from maining Puff' also showing great knowledge of the game overall. Excellent tactical, technical, and strength. He might do better if he'd played more characters since it might help matchup understanding from the aggressive end.

Mango: An aggressive player with high tactical, good technical and strength. Willing to take more risks to achieve goals yet this could be held against him from the different styles of play. Understands many matchups.

PPMD: Tendency towards aggression. Not to the extremes of Mango though is rewarded more for taking fewer risks. Great technical and tactical. Good strength.

M2K: The most technical player who ever lived. It's hard to predict if he'll ever be aggressive or defensive at times. Is great with a variety of characters. Decent strength though less keen on tactics than Mango and others. His style of play can still trump the others.

Leffen: Up there with Mango in terms of aggression. Good strength yet less keen on the technical parts of the game. Almost unilateral from a huge Fox preference.

Zain: Up there with M2K. Good strength yet less keen on tactics though offset by technical play. Understands more matchups. Currently unilateral from maining Marth.

Yours truly-Another Player: Yet to participate in any major events. Top tactical, high strength, yet only decent technical with Smash. I might hold a candle to these people though I didn't achieve the experience to beat them. I focused on other games.

You may evaluate yourself to see how you can improve if able.

Last edited:

zuloon

Smash Journeyman
Should add that Hbox is one of the most feared/dreaded players to go up against. The sinking feeling players get when they're matched up with him is palpable. It's so funny seeing how mentally broken they are in the playercams. The sighs, frustration, air-punching, turning down handshakes after losing etc. Both fascinating and hilarious.

Another Player

Smash Apprentice
Emotional appeal is irrelevant. I don't fear HBOX or any of the Gods of Smash. I know I'm a better gamer than them. Smash is probably the only game HBOX could beat me at. Unless he has a secret game he plays he's mastered. He's weaker tactically and physically than I am. Though we all appreciate his dedication to this game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom