• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Played Ness at a tourney, got respect.

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
Last weekend, I went to Clemson Smash series 2. In Melee, I played Ness, and I actually had people watching me play and wonder how I DJC my fairs so low. In the end, I gave lots of people tips on how to play Ness, and even played a few dittos with people who were interested in starting to play him, actually, it was a surprising amount. Really long run-on sentences aside, it was a fun tourney. I got 9th out of 18 or 19 or something, and got some people interested in my character.

I really want to see the Ness boards be more active, honestly. The only way to acheive this is to make some Ness players outta people.

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
I recently played here at school at McKendree Smash. It was a lot of fun. I got props for the Ness (though I didn't play him much...3/5 of my sets were against Sheik; go figure) and it was a lot of fun. I ended up getting 5th in the tournament out of 15. Low tiers are always respectable at tournaments. I'm glad that you did so well and got some respect.

vrud

Smash Apprentice
NOT IF I HAVE ANYTHING TO DO ABOUT IT!! but honestly im loving the discussions happening on here, even if its barely anything i think its more than in the recent past.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Honestly, I think it'll get even less active as time goes on
Nahh man as times goes on more people will get involved in the competitive community and have an interest in Ness despite his low tier status. The only way I see you losing Ness mains is if people drop him or retire. But surprisingly, low tier players seem to have a severe level of dedication toward their character and won't drop them, of course there are exceptions to this.Overall there will not be a significant amount of players using him when compared to others, but I think there will be more Ness mains at the end of it all.

Last edited:

Kenkoku

Smash Rookie
I grew up playing mainly Brawl, and got sucked into the Melee scene recently. My Ness made the transition with me, but it's really hard to play friendlies with friends when they all use Fox, Falco, and Doc, and always disrespect me for playing a low tier. But yes, I believe that one day, the Ness and other low tier communities will be able to make a significant impact on the game. After all, sticking with the characters we love, despite their faults, shows our love for this game, right?

Joestar

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sneasel1994
3DS FC
1332-8872-4080
Ness is always fun with me. I love to learn more Ness for every smash game. Great story.

Last edited:

stickmantankguy

Smash Rookie
The Ness boards have gotten a lot more active since early 2014. But I'm sure that it has more to do with Smashboards getting taken down for a while, and everyone subsequently becoming less interested in it.

But now that it's back and going strong with new interesting features, the people are coming back. I only post on Ness and Samus boards, and I can safely say things are looking more alive now then they have for a while.

Top Bottom