• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

play smash ultimate early is it possible?

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
So i am wondering if i figured out a way that we can all enjoy smash ultimate as early as 8am est time on dec 6th but i need some help and im not entirely sure if it works. So if you buy a game digitally, it unlocks at 12:00am in the timezone of the account you purchased the game. So if you buy smash ultimate from an Australian acc, you can get the game as early as 8am est on dec 6th. Many of us have already purchased the game in our own respective time zones though.

So my solution that i came up with, was what if we used Nintendo switch game sharing? this is not something i am too familiar with but i heard it was possible to share digitally downloaded games with a 2nd user. So, if i pre purchase smash bros ultimate on my own switch, and then my friend creates an australlian nintendo acc, and i gameshare the game with my friend will he be able to play the game as soon as it unlocks in Australia?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
No demo available at my local Target and GameStop stores. Usually, you'd have to wait until after the release date to see a playable demo.

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
but does anyone know if what i am suggesting would actually work?

Zenithvox

Smash Rookie
The only ways you are able to play it early require you to mod your switch to either break the pre-order key, or do install the full rom which was leaked. (Wouldn't recommend cus we don't know which ones contain brick code.)

Nafix

Smash Apprentice
Yes, it's possible as Zenithvox Zenithvox said. A friend of mine bought a Switch and hacked it yesterday. Played the full release game for about 2 hours and we streamed on Twitch.

Zenithvox

Smash Rookie
Yes, it's possible as Zenithvox Zenithvox said. A friend of mine bought a Switch and hacked it yesterday. Played the full release game for about 2 hours and we streamed on Twitch.
I'm trying to figure out how to crack this key so I can just break the pre-order block. Already bought it.

Xphooni

Smash Apprentice
So i am wondering if i figured out a way that we can all enjoy smash ultimate as early as 8am est time on dec 6th but i need some help and im not entirely sure if it works. So if you buy a game digitally, it unlocks at 12:00am in the timezone of the account you purchased the game. So if you buy smash ultimate from an Australian acc, you can get the game as early as 8am est on dec 6th. Many of us have already purchased the game in our own respective time zones though.

So my solution that i came up with, was what if we used Nintendo switch game sharing? this is not something i am too familiar with but i heard it was possible to share digitally downloaded games with a 2nd user. So, if i pre purchase smash bros ultimate on my own switch, and then my friend creates an australlian nintendo acc, and i gameshare the game with my friend will he be able to play the game as soon as it unlocks in Australia?
I heard rumors that unlocks 12pm est and your timezone doesn't matter.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Some people got it early because a bunch of stores on Mexico broke the street date early, whoops, otherwise just wait we’ll get it soon.

Top Bottom