• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PLAY ONLINE NOW AND ALL DAY

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
How do i play this online again? Can i play this online through my wii or are you all playiny through PC's?
The people in this thread mainly play through the wii with a method called wiimmfi. If you're interested, here's a video on how to set it up.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
How do i play this online again? Can i play this online through my wii or are you all playiny through PC's?
No one plays this online. You can hack your wii to do it but you won’t find anyone. Ive tried. You’re remembering this game wayyyy too fondly. You’re gonna hate the chaingrabbing.

Last edited:

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
No one plays this online. You can hack your wii to do it but you won’t find anyone. Ive tried. You’re remembering this game wayyyy too fondly. You’re gonna hate the chaingrabbing.
There are definitely still people that play online, they're just mainly on discord. Yeah, it isn't extremely active, but it definitely isn't dead.

Also, no need to bash on the game man. If someone wants to play Brawl, let them play Brawl, lol.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Are you sure no-one plays this (greatest smash game) online? Idk when was the last time you tried or how often but id like some up-to-date stats. And, i remember this game well; i still play it, lol. Maybe youre speaking about online but, all i remember is crashing taunt parties and, the occasional hacked lobbies. The chain grabbing...never urked me much..i liked brawls physics (FADC wolf all day).

There are definitely still people that play online, they're just mainly on discord. Yeah, it isn't extremely active, but it definitely isn't dead.

Also, no need to bash on the game man. If someone wants to play Brawl, let them play Brawl, lol.
Ok, what do you mean by "it isnt extremely active but, it definitely isnt dead" ? Is it active as in ill find matches almost guaranteed or is it dead as in only few people play and, its not often? In other words, yes or no, please. If i have to jump through hoops(discord) to play with a few ppl instead of, random search anytime then, its dead imo.

Also, im gonna play my fav smash game regardless, lol. Its ****ing amazing that this game can fit on my 70inch TV with component cables and look amazing on it. Brawls graphics are dope and hearing it through speakers is crazy. Hope theres a mod for sounds in ultimate soon.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Are you sure no-one plays this (greatest smash game) online? Idk when was the last time you tried or how often but id like some up-to-date stats. And, i remember this game well; i still play it, lol. Maybe youre speaking about online but, all i remember is crashing taunt parties and, the occasional hacked lobbies. The chain grabbing...never urked me much..i liked brawls physics (FADC wolf all day).

Ok, what do you mean by "it isnt extremely active but, it definitely isnt dead" ? Is it active as in ill find matches almost guaranteed or is it dead as in only few people play and, its not often? In other words, yes or no, please. If i have to jump through hoops(discord) to play with a few ppl instead of, random search anytime then, its dead imo.

Also, im gonna play my fav smash game regardless, lol. Its ****ing amazing that this game can fit on my 70inch TV with component cables and look amazing on it. Brawls graphics are dope and hearing it through speakers is crazy. Hope theres a mod for sounds in ultimate soon.
Be honest my man, when you played Brawl back in the day, it was always just for a good time with friends, and not competitively, right? Trust me dude, nobody wants to play this game competitively still. How tf does chaingrabbing not irk you? You complain about no skill cheese all the time? I encourage you to check out this video that helps explain why, its pretty short. Watch it with an open mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSluwQoIfnE

Last edited:

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Be honest my man, when you played Brawl back in the day, it was always just for a good time with friends, and not competitively, right? Trust me dude, nobody wants to play this game competitively still. How tf does chaingrabbing not irk you? You complain about no skill cheese all the time? I encourage you to check out this video that helps explain why, its pretty short. Watch it with an open mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSluwQoIfnE
Seen that video a long time ago. Felt the same way then, feel the same way now, lol. I like...("casual") regular smash more than competitive, i told you that before. Even in ultimate i find myself hosting more FFA lobbies(no items/hazards on) and , occasional team battles more than 1v1s. I 1v1 in too many other fighting games. I like smash for different reasons and, how different it is. i think brawl capitalised on it best; its gameplay is so (what youd call it) casual that, i believe it takes more skill to use those characters competitively. Ness, imo, is a lot harder to use in brawl (dedede, wolf, and, falcon too) and, i liked that. But ppl say that characters in ultimate are buffed when i just think the physics is easier to master. And, I never just play smash the same way; I cant play this like SF, Blazblue or, even DBFZ(basically) all the time; where its just 1v1 over and, over, especially with the immense freedom, gameplay, interactive stages and, co-op that smash has. Im competitive regardless in a FFA and/or 1v1 but, like i said, i like smash because its different from the traditional fighter.

Oh, and, tell me you didnt just equate the cheese of brawl compared to the 70+ character clusterf*** and BS of ultimate. Brawl had chain-grabbing, tripping and, ledge-hogging thats it(DACUS was sick). Thats not as bad as the **** in ultimate. The hitstun never bothered me either because, getting stuck in a combo in smash is a lot more dangerous than for example, tekken. Because in smash the combo ends with you launching off the stage(jigglypuff caries and, other **** like that too) atleast in other FGs you can break combos and/or have tools to counter the dmg youve taken like, faster meter fills, reversals, in smash only lucario has something like that. If you get combo'd in smash youre screwed. Two combos that deal up to 40%(maybe even 30%) can effect the knockback so much that , it could be detrimental to the victim. Who knows what cheese they could die to in ultimate. And, like i said, combo-carries where characters can finish you off from starting at 0% because the flow of their combo took you out-of-bounds.

And btw, theres also a melee is broken video but, people run from that one, lol.

Now i could be wrong about defending brawl over ultimate but, aye, opinions.

Last edited:

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
You probably won't find anyone on Basic Brawl unless you literally spend like hours searching, so that isn't a reliable way of finding people (it's really not that great of a mode anyways). The only reliable method of finding people to play is through discord. Over on the Brawl discord there's a small group of wiimmfi players that play semi often. There's usually people looking for matches every day, it's just a matter of looking at the right time.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
You probably won't find anyone on Basic Brawl unless you literally spend like hours searching, so that isn't a reliable way of finding people (it's really not that great of a mode anyways). The only reliable method of finding people to play is through discord. Over on the Brawl discord there's a small group of wiimmfi players that play semi often. There's usually people looking for matches every day, it's just a matter of looking at the right time.
Youve been very helpful, thank you.

OmegaCyclops

Smash Rookie
Hi, so, i´ve been looking at this thread and I hope anyone can join a online brawl with me.
my friend code is 2239-3878-3756 and i am using wimmfi

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
That would be great. :)
I'll try and really I do want to play Brawl again. I still have unfinished business like uploading content. I got a butt load that I don't know what to do with yet. I have like 1,000 clips and I am a perfectionist it is a habit of mine. But anyways I do and will get to it i due time. In the meanwhile keep uploading content all. I still watch some when I can.

sijon sijon

Thank you sijon I will but first I want to upload clips. Problem is I have a very busy life now. The only free time I have is night and at times I don't have free time even.

That's a big reason why I haven't played or came here in months on end. In the mean time, I must upload clips first and I don't have time. That's another huge conundrum I am facing. It sucks really but that's life. I'm blessed and all healthy, but a very busy life.

I might PM one of you encase I get stuck who knows. Have a great day all.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Hello all (yet again) how is everyone? This week I'll finally set up USB loader I do wish I could save my hacks but I never fixed my Wii still.

Haven't touched the video game Brawl in years. I really want to get back to it now that I finally graduated with my masters in Business Mangement. Very blessed and fortunate to finally counquer one of my demons.

I have a favor to ask anyone that can show me how to set up USB loader? Thank you again and even Ultimate which I played a demo. It still doesn't match Brawl. Long live Brawl.

~COH

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Hello all (yet again) how is everyone? This week I'll finally set up USB loader I do wish I could save my hacks but I never fixed my Wii still.

Haven't touched the video game Brawl in years. I really want to get back to it now that I finally graduated with my masters in Business Mangement. Very blessed and fortunate to finally counquer one of my demons.

I have a favor to ask anyone that can show me how to set up USB loader? Thank you again and even Ultimate which I played a demo. It still doesn't match Brawl. Long live Brawl.

~COH
Oh hey, good to see you again man! Congratulations on graduating!

I've been doing ok. Currently working towards getting an AA at a community college. I've also spent like the last year playing primarily Ultimate and I agree, it just isn't the same. The whole game just seems so watered down compared to previous iterations. Unfortunately Ultimate is the pretty much the only smash game people play here in Washington, so I guess I'm stuck with it. Really wish I could find people to play Brawl or even melee with locally, lol.

As for USB loader, I'm sure sijon sijon or Luigisama Luigisama would be happy to help.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Oh hey, good to see you again man! Congratulations on graduating!

I've been doing ok. Currently working towards getting an AA at a community college. I've also spent like the last year playing primarily Ultimate and I agree, it just isn't the same. The whole game just seems so watered down compared to previous iterations. Unfortunately Ultimate is the pretty much the only smash game people play here in Washington, so I guess I'm stuck with it. Really wish I could find people to play Brawl or even melee with locally, lol.

As for USB loader, I'm sure sijon sijon or Luigisama Luigisama would be happy to help.
Thank you Omar. Well, it's worthless now due to the situation. Took me seven years seven long agonising years to finally graduate.

Congrates as well Omar; you're an intelligent person, and you would do great if not, you are accomplishing great achievements as I write this reaponse.

I really tried Smash5 but it is just terrible I don't get how Brawl is so terrible. Or I enjoy the challenges and no doubt there is still more to this game.

As for USB loader, I remember messaging Sijon about the issue. Hopefully I can get the files and yes enjoy Brawl.

Top Bottom