• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PLAY ONLINE NOW AND ALL DAY

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
When I say "I don't think" I meant I have never seen anyone use Link as you have. I am mentioning how unique and optimal your playstyle is, thus making you the great Link main you are, a style I am still learning.

I for some reason have never heard of the Link main Path. I'm not sure why though. A person of this skill or even your skill should be given more attention. Every time people hear the name Link, they just think of a character who spams neutral-b or Izaw. People such as you really need some more respect for the time put into the game, making Brawl almost look like a work of art.

As for Legan's playstyle, yes I would agree his style is a bit strange at times. He plays a bit like classic 2001-02 Melee link main's, not the best for Brawl. I'm pretty sure most of his odd setups where supposed to be mindgames or others of the like, obviously not the most effective. The video you linked was a bit old, the Samus player never really took advantage of her amazing camping game to make Link suffer. And of course Legan's Link was not the best at the time either.

Anyway i'm glad to know that Link mains such as you exist, with a better representation of what Link can do at top level. By the way, we should Brawl again some time, it has been a while. If you are free to Brawl, just let me know.
You caught me off guard well done (rarely do I eat my own words but I sure did now). I appreciate the words man no doubt I'm shocked and frozen from your response (like a Deer caught in someone's headlights).

Comparing my skill is nothing compared to your patience and understanding of what needs to be seen in Brawl. Yes, Izaw no doubt showed how Link is seen good but that's where it stops.

Never have I seen him fight Falcos, Ice Climbers, Olimars (the toughest match ups for Link) he has fought MKs and King Dededes but it was Haze a friend of his. He honestly can't win matches like those and know. Even King Funk fought my Link and called it "OP".

I asked him about Izaw and he wrote back writing Izaw is "free" whatever that means and he wins against friends or low tiers mostly. Remember the Wolf vs Fox match-up? Reason why Izaw never went Wolf against King Funk is because King Funk would win him badly. Also Calorz did lose to Izaw (back in 2009 when Snakes barely knew about Motor sliding and Edge guarding. Now Izaw can't upload the new he has had with Calorz, reason? Izaw loses every-time to his Snake and even gets three stocked in Calorz words of chatting with him years back.

These aren't my words but his and Calorz yes the Snake and Fox mains in Europe. Okay, remember, I never wrote Legan is "bad" before someone will take that into account, I simply wrote his game-play is strange by how he plays Link and wins even a single match even though I will write his reactions are impressive very impressive and that stops there only.

Well, as for Path, you weren't in the Smashboards area to get to know her game-play and Link though you would enjoy her Link very much. She's also known now from Project M (Brawl mod) because the mod is every popular as of now.

Well anyways I appreciate the words man thank you and hopefully I can brawl in a few minutes or so. Also don't copy my style exactly (remember) use some of my game-play and make your own who knows maybe your game-play mixed with mine will be even better and I'll have to mimic some of your game-play rise repeat (the dream I want to come true <3).

Last edited:

sijon

Smash Ace
You caught me off guard well done (rarely do I eat my own words but I sure did now). I appreciate the words man no doubt I'm shocked and frozen from your response (like a Deer caught in someone's headlights).

Comparing my skill is nothing compared to your patience and understanding of what needs to be seen in Brawl. Yes, Izaw no doubt showed how Link is seen good but that's where it stops.

Never have I seen him fight Falcos, Ice Climbers, Olimars (the toughest match ups for Link) he has fought MKs and King Dededes but it was Haze a friend of his. He honestly can't win matches like those and know. Even King Funk fought my Link and called it "OP".

I asked him about Izaw and he wrote back writing Izaw is "free" whatever that means and he wins against friends or low tiers mostly. Remember the Wolf vs Fox match-up? Reason why Izaw never went Wolf against King Funk is because King Funk would win him badly. Also Calorz did lose to Izaw (back in 2009 when Snakes barely knew about Motor sliding and Edge guarding. Now Izaw can't upload the new he has had with Calorz, reason? Izaw loses every-time to his Snake and even gets three stocked in Calorz words of chatting with him years back.

These aren't my words but his and Calorz yes the Snake and Fox mains in Europe. Okay, remember, I never wrote Legan is "bad" before someone will take that into account, I simply wrote his game-play is strange by how he plays Link and wins even a single match even though I will write his reactions are impressive very impressive and that stops there only.

Well, as for Path, you weren't in the Smashboards area to get to know her game-play and Link though you would enjoy her Link very much. She's also known now from Project M (Brawl mod) because the mod is every popular as of now.

Well anyways I appreciate the words man thank you and hopefully I can brawl in a few minutes or so. Also don't copy my style exactly (remember) use some of my game-play and make your own who knows maybe your game-play mixed with mine will be even better and I'll have to mimic some of your game-play rise repeat (the dream I want to come true <3).
If I do remember correctly, i'm pretty sure Izaw did fight King Funk with his Wolf. And yes the matches vs Calzorz were very old. A few years later, Calzorz improved a lot and was even able to go even or beat players such as Leon or Mr.R (Mr.R <3!).

As for my playstyle, I feel like one thing that separates me from other Link main's is my use of foxtrot cancelling ( I think that's what it's called). I use this to perform a Melee looking dash-dance while people are stuck in shield, wait for a roll or spot-dodge, then punish with a foxtrot f-smash, pivot d-smash, grab, etc (you can see players like False, Mr.R, Keitaro do this sometimes as a mindgame). I'm not sure if it's too useful but I will try my best to find something good out of it.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
If I do remember correctly, i'm pretty sure Izaw did fight King Funk with his Wolf. And yes the matches vs Calzorz were very old. A few years later, Calzorz improved a lot and was even able to go even or beat players such as Leon or Mr.R (Mr.R <3!).

As for my playstyle, I feel like one thing that separates me from other Link main's is my use of foxtrot cancelling ( I think that's what it's called). I use this to perform a Melee looking dash-dance while people are stuck in shield, wait for a roll or spot-dodge, then punish with a foxtrot f-smash, pivot d-smash, grab, etc (you can see players like False, Mr.R, Keitaro do this sometimes as a mindgame). I'm not sure if it's too useful but I will try my best to find something good out of it.
Yes, exactly, Izaw never went Link against King Funk's Fox (he's writing the truth Izaw only uses Link against random people he's never fought, close people to him and "Low tiers". Yes, Calzorz is too smart and aggressive Snake like to lose to Izaw with his Zair repetitive tactics. I would enjoy fighting Leon against my Ike, Link or GnW (two aggressive players with characters that weren't made to be aggressive). Oh well he doesn't play Brawl anymore I assume or Wi-Fi but if he does then I would enjoy some matches against his Marth meh.

Yes, I know what that technique is, the technique is called an Extended Dash Dance which I don't really use with Link but Ike I use all the time. As well I always implement True small pivots into my game-play; however, when the connection isn't what I'm excepting to preform the Perfect small pivots, then I just use Bomb Sliding as a cover to get inside the opponents game-play or combat area.

sijon

Smash Ace
Pretty sure this itsJx5 is a troll. Looked at his recent activity and he goes around asking to play Brawl or PM, people respond, then he doesn't answer. Just ignore this guy.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Yes, I could tell from his response on the Project M Wi-Fi thread using the word "noob" then mentioning Smash-4.

Either-way, anyone wanting to brawl. 5074-0626-2224

Last edited:

sijon

Smash Ace
GG's N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 ! The connection was good so I have no excuse for my performance in those matches. Once again, your Link amazes me. I can't seem to find any tricks that work against you. I feel like I need to learn to predict what you will do better but I can't seem to be able to while a Link is above me throwing bombs and wavebouncing haha!

My Marth was terrible, i'm not sure why but on Wifi, Marth seems like the only character that had it's game-play altered (maybe it's just me) by wifi. When I play with friends offline, I can pull of things such as falling u-air to first hit nair, boost pivot grab, f-smash etc. Hmm but then again my friends are not the most talented of players, but the string I mentioned (or something similar to that) is almost always guaranteed at low percents, i'm pretty sure. Anyway, GG's once again I definitely learned that I need to be unpredictable much more.

Milky.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MyKeyZ
3DS FC
2707-1638-6160
Anyone up for a few games? Quote me

EDIT: nvm

Last edited:

sijon

Smash Ace
Anyone up for a few games? Quote me

EDIT: nvm
Milky. Milky. Ah, sorry man. Will you be able to Brawl sometime this weekend (Friday/Saturday to be exact)? It's been a while since we Brawled. It would be fun to face off against your Zelda once again.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
GG's N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 ! The connection was good so I have no excuse for my performance in those matches. Once again, your Link amazes me. I can't seem to find any tricks that work against you. I feel like I need to learn to predict what you will do better but I can't seem to be able to while a Link is above me throwing bombs and wavebouncing haha!

My Marth was terrible, i'm not sure why but on Wifi, Marth seems like the only character that had it's game-play altered (maybe it's just me) by wifi. When I play with friends offline, I can pull of things such as falling u-air to first hit nair, boost pivot grab, f-smash etc. Hmm but then again my friends are not the most talented of players, but the string I mentioned (or something similar to that) is almost always guaranteed at low percents, i'm pretty sure. Anyway, GG's once again I definitely learned that I need to be unpredictable much more.
Good games indeed Sijon, I apologize for the leaving... wasn't in my intention to do that but sigh life... um, for sure if you can later on tonight I can brawl a little more or just try tomorrow?

Well, that is how Link needs to be and I mean (must) without those little tricks and difficult pressure (because of the tricks) I wouldn't ever win that match-up. And you noticed just how comfortable I am in these difficult matches, huh? That's because I know how to over come these "impossible matches" and work around them just so well that players think the match-ups isn't so bad when in reality it's virtually impossible.

Your Marth was perfectly fine (looked exactly like Mr.R) and my Ike and King Dedede however were meh. I forgot how to use King Dedede sigh I need to use him more often.

You have a really solid Marth, you have all the tools to become solid (as you are right now). There are four match-ups I'm really comfortable with and mean (comfortable or most to be exact). Number one is Snake (my favorite match-up). Number two is Marth (there's the reason why I know this match-up so well). Number three is Ice Climbers (I enjoy this match the most with Link). And finally four is either Olimar/Falco (Falco is the toughest match-up for Link btw). And yes I do indeed win these match-ups quite frequently with the obvious Silent Lasers to Side B, Chain Grabs etc from Falco and Pika man throws, Grabs, Up Smash and so forth from Olimar.

I've been working really hard on Charzard and finding ways to make him work (which he does) I apologize for messing so much set ups that are guaranteed. Hopefully next time I'll be more focused (without any distractions from life) to preform my Charzard set ups as well as my other characters including Link (didn't notice but I sure did).

Lastly, you've really mimicked my Link game-play (see how great it is?) Just keep adapting to some of my techniques and add your own style to make the game-play fit and of course be as unpredictable as possible. You're not the only one to write that btw, some write I "troll them" one moment I'm thinking how to attack the next I'm attacking without any thought (which I am) and succeeding. I'm just really "talented" towards adaption. Keep up the great work Sijon and remember to always experiment okay. Thanks.

Last edited:

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
If you are still interested to Brawl, I can but in about 1(or a a half hour) hour. Not sure if you will be able to by then so just let me know.
I should be able to at that time, I guess we'll see. Let me know when and hopefully I can.

sijon

Smash Ace
Anyone else up for some games? I can Brawl for a bit. And Milky. Milky. if you are still interested.

EDIT: Never mind...

Last edited:

sijon

Smash Ace
Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 do you mind if I join for rotations? I think I can Brawl for a bit.

EDIT:Never mind didn't realize you said "hours" so I probably wont be able to join you guys by then
Well, like in two hours I should be home, can you then? Absolutely, you can join I don't mind not sure about Tocarara though man. Whatsoever happens I don't care. If you can even find one more person, we could FFA (Free For All), Team Battle add items whatever.

sijon

Smash Ace
Well, like in two hours I should be home, can you then? Absolutely, you can join I don't mind not sure about Tocarara though man. Whatsoever happens I don't care. If you can even find one more person, we could FFA (Free For All), Team Battle add items whatever.
Well, unfortunately I have to get off for now. It seems as if Tocarara can't anymore (I think it's 5-6:00 am for him now lol) I will be free tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully we can find some more people to Brawl by then.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
I should be able to Brawl tomorrow afternoon as well. Just gonna throw that out there in case there's a possibility of some doubles or something like that.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Wonderful, how will the teams progress? I guess myself and Sijon (Link and Link vs Omar and Tocacara). That operation of teams will be quite interesting if that does happen.

Anyways, Brawl

Last edited:

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Wonderful, how will the teams progress? I guess myself and Sijon (Link and Link vs Omar and Tocacara). That operation of teams will be quite interesting if that does happen.

Anyways, Brawl
I should be able to Brawl right now if you're still there. Although the connection might not be the best. My internet hasn't been very good the last week or so.

Last edited:
Top Bottom