• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play 'n' Trade - NYC - Oct 18, 08 - SSBB 1v1/2v2 - NYC is back baby! - bring setups!!

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
bum if i go to this i wanna rematch you in falcon dittos. we can do an actual mm if you want too. $1 each tho cuz i'm moneyless lol

Rocann

Smash Lord
I live in Collegeville, PA. Getting public transit into NYC and back would be upwards of like 120$. Does anybody know how I could get there more easily? Or pick me up on the way? Obviously I'll help with gas or anything necessary.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Best way I can say is go to Philly and take the chinatown bus from there thats 20-40 bucks round trip

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
If you are doing this tournament with no tripping, I'll bring my wii. its already set for that.

Also I am gonna see if my girlfriend can come with me to this. So if you see me with a Girl, thats my girlfriend. So I ask you boys be nice to her.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
ATTN: ALL ATTENDING

PLEASE READ BELOW

It's less than a week away and everyone needs to be sure what they are bringing. I am documenting who is bringing Wii's/Brawl, TV's, Component Cables, VCR's (or other recording devices), and last but not least NO TRIPPING!

It is VERY important if those who are guaranteed to come and have announced or will be announcing that you are bringing a Wii if you have NO TRIPPING already on it. Silven is doing a huge favor by installing this feature into those Wii's that don't have it. And it would best if Alex and Silven know beforehand who is ok to go and who isn't.

ALSO please address any of the bolded items above (if you haven't already) so that we anticipate correctly.

Thank you!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I wonder if I'll be able to make it o_< I gotta beg my parents to let me go. ;O If I can come I can record matches

nintendomaster24

Smash Cadet
NNID
NMaster
I'm coming. I'm from NJ. So basically it's $10 for singles right? 5 for venue and 5 for 1vs 1.?

Also I had a question about the controller situation. I use Wii remote + nunchuk. Can I bring my own Wii remote and nunchuk with my control settings installed on it OR bring the mote and chuk and make a name with my settings on that particular Wii?

Also if you lose in the pool (if it happens) do you get put in a loser's bracket or something of that sort? Or you're out?

Thanks a lot, I'll be replying

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
I'm coming and bringing a wii+ brawl the wii has tripping on it so i need silven to make it tripless..

also bringing melee+ memory card just in case :D

and to nintendomaster yes you can bring your own controller with control settings.

your encouraged to bring your own controller anyway

ANTi_

Smash Hero
would it helped if i brought my classic controller so there will be less wires cuz of the sensor bars.??

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I'm going to assume that if you don't mention anything about tripping and bringing a Wii that it has tripping.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I've been trying to make NJ hosts NOT host crap this weekend, but it's tough. I hope your event goes well, Alex. It would appear that some people can't respect other hosts.

darkdavon

Smash Rookie
im there, been trying to beat the best and make a name for my clan, and this might just be it

LittleV

Smash Rookie
HEHEH.
Lol, I'm actually pretty excited.
I would definitly like to go, and I don't know if I could bring anything but myself and a controller =)

Also I WOULD like a partner. =)

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Oh snap, it's V!

Crismas, Inui is going to Season's Beatings in Ohio. The rest of NJ should be able to make it, though.

False Soundz

Smash Apprentice
Aight Crismas, I'm bringing 1-2 component cables + a copy of brawl.

A lot of people are coming based on posts, but that doesn't mean all are gonna show.

Expect this to end late.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I would love to have 60-70 people ... that way i can do another one of these next month xD

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
ALEX STRIFE!!

I don't feel like doing **** this weekend but if I get off from work Saturday I'll come.

BUM163

Smash Lord
cowtipper and false sounds i accept ya money match.

anyone else wanna mm me?

Top Bottom