• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play HD ssbm on Dolphin netplay?

Tipsi

Smash Rookie
Hi,

I really want to play online SSBM in HD and still be able to connect to other players using smashladder. Is there a way to do this? I searched all over the internet and I can't really figure it out.

Thanks in advance,
Tipsi

FireTails

Smash Cadet
make your resolution in the dolphin config 1920x1080 also guides on connecting to others on netplay are on smashladder.com

Tipsi

Smash Rookie
Thanks, I worked it out already. I just used a gecko code to use widescreen 16:9. It's not possible to use it during netplay though, which is understandable. But still nice for friendlies with friends at home. Even though I put it on 16:9, I still see 2 small black bars on the sides of my screen, but my monitor is 16:9 so I don't understand why. If anyone could help me with that, that would be great.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
Thanks, I worked it out already. I just used a gecko code to use widescreen 16:9. It's not possible to use it during netplay though, which is understandable. But still nice for friendlies with friends at home. Even though I put it on 16:9, I still see 2 small black bars on the sides of my screen, but my monitor is 16:9 so I don't understand why. If anyone could help me with that, that would be great.
I have the same thing too, I think because Melee isn't quite 4:3 you can't stretch it to 16:9 without loss of detail so they just stop it at a certain point

Tipsi

Smash Rookie
I have the same thing too, I think because Melee isn't quite 4:3 you can't stretch it to 16:9 without loss of detail so they just stop it at a certain point
Well widescreen on dolphin doesn't stretch like it does when you use an widescreen HDTV. Instead of stretching, it just adds more screen to it. So you can basically see further than you normally would. This would mean that it shouldn't be a problem making it 16:9. I also watch videos online of people playing ssbm in dolphin widescreen mode and those videos take up my whole screen, so it works for them..

Top Bottom