• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Platform Shining

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
Good Afternoon fellow Falcos,

I have been trying to incorporate some new tech to update my falco, I have been finding it very difficult to do a shine effectively on a platform without falling through which limits my follow up options, how do some of y’all move so effectively after shining for combo extensions?

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
Waveshine immediately. The jump you do mid air while falling through is instant, and then they wavedash onto the platform to move. For a pillar combo, just jump after the wavedash and follow through with a dair. You could also do another shine to instant bair for extra damage and have stage control.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
For the vast majority of the time you shine after fast falling an aerial, in which case you are already holding down before you land. If you keep holding down you won't fall through the platform with the shine.
Same is true if you waveland on and hold down during the waveland.

When you drop through Shine it means that you did it from the idle/standing animation.
Instead of pressing down completely, try tilting your control stick. This will secure that the shine won't drop through and you can do a grounded jump from that.

Top Bottom