• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Platform Pikmin Smash Tech

Tobb99

Smash Apprentice
So I was messing around with Olimar and "found" this technique. You can throw a pikmin on to a platform, then whistle walk under it, then whistle, the do a smash attack and the pikmin on the platform will do a smash attack ON THE PLATFORM. However it's not so easy to do, a lot of the times I messed up. If you got an opponent on the platform you can throw a pikmin to latch on to them, then walk under, whistle, and smash attack them away, seems pretty good. The only drawback with this might be that there are better options, like his airials and up-smash if you want to reach the platform effectively. Another way of doing this is by plucking a pikmin (you have to have 1 or 0 pikmins in your lineup) below the platform and when they land on the platform, you use a smash attack. This works best on FoD. Because of the low platform height, you can very quickly pull out a smash attack on the platform from a pikmin pluck, quite snaky technique. However the pull to platform smash varies depending on pikmin. It work with red,blue,yellow on higher platforms as well as low. But purple and whites won't reaches higher platforms, thus they only work on lower platforms like FoD and Delfino's, and purples also seem to have a different timing being bigger.

I could see this being a sneaky tech and sometimes useful. For example if you manage to latch on a pikmin on someone standing on a platform, you could go under it and whistle > F-smash or D-smash and it might kill. You could also do this if your opponent is knocked down on a platform/missed a tech. I find that yellow is really good here is you throw them in a heigher arc making it easier to reach a platform. You can also do this fairly quickly with some practice Trow > Whistle > Smash. Doing an up-smash on platform could be useful juggling fast-fallers. Also the one out of pikmin pluck seems even better maybe, probably because it's easier and faster because of less inputs.

how to do it:

Out of pikmin throw:

1: Have 1 or 0 pikmins in your line up.

2: Throw a pikmin onto a platform, or to an opponent on a platform.

3: Walk below and whistle.

4: do a smash attack with the pikmin on the platform (if you have 1 pickmin in your line up you'll can only do D-smash).

Out of pikmin pluck:

1: Have 1 or 0 pikmins and stand below a platform.

2: pull a pikmin and do a smash attack with the pikmin on the platform (if you have 1 pikmin you can only do D-smash).

Top Bottom