• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Platform Drop Missile Tips

Pickles_211

Smash Rookie
I've been having a huge main crisis recently and after my most recent tournament I finally decided to make the switch to Samus. However, as I've been trying to learn her missile tech, I'm having some questions and difficulties, mainly with dropping through a platform and shooting a missile. Do you find it easier/is there a better way between flicking down on the control stick and then inputting the missile vs. rolling the control stick in a quarter circle forwards?

Also, as a quick side question, is it technically faster to do FH FF missiles or SH non-FF missiles? SH FF missiles are too hard for me.

Smash Journeyman
Sorry no one's responded in so long :/

For dropping through a platform and missiling, you have plenty of time to do it, so either method should work. I usually explicitly input down -> side, but it's essentially the same as a quarter circle motion.

iirc fullhop fastfall missiles are slightly faster if you fastfall as early as possible (at the peak of your jump).

Top Bottom